Focus off to a good start

kenwowski

I just wanted to mention I was sitting at a restaurant eating dinner by the window on a main drag and I counted EIGHT new foci in a matter of a half hour! WOW granted I live right near a college campus but these things are all over along with loads of edges, escapes, fusions its really fantastic I love seeing new Ford product on the streets

I've seen three on the roads in NorCal, which is the fastest any new Ford product has caught on here recently, I think. Granted, one was a rental, but the other two were brand new with temp tags. I've only seen 1 Taurus with temp tags (although I've seen like a dozen rentals).

The fact that I'm seeing new Fusions and Edges and Escapes all over is a good sign for Ford. The customers out here are terribly biased towards Honda and Toyota. My friend's Honda kept breaking down and going in for repairs by 100k, but he still bought another Honda (which has a door seal leak, ironically). I'm hoping in a few years I can get him into a Verve/Fiesta.

I just wanted to mention I was sitting at a restaurant eating dinner by the window on a main drag and I counted EIGHT new foci in a matter of a half hour! WOW granted I live right near a college campus but these things are all over along with loads of edges, escapes, fusions its really fantastic I love seeing new Ford product on the streets

Are you looking out your Dearborn office window, down on U-M Dearborn/Henry Ford CC campus?? If there are that many new Fords running around, it must be around there. Go out of state to say Vegas or Phoenix and you'll be run over by import brands.

Are you looking out your Dearborn office window, down on U-M Dearborn/Henry Ford CC campus?? If there are that many new Fords running around, it must be around there. Go out of state to say Vegas or Phoenix and you'll be run over by import brands.

Not just there --anywhere outside of the upper Midwest. Imports are the norm, not the exception.

I wonder why so many people need rental cars?

I wanted to pipe up and say I saw my first Foci today. Gray color -- looked much, much better in person than it does it in photos.

That back looked very, very good although from a distance it increasingly looked like a Chevrolet Aveo sedan with the triangular lights and bodyshape.

I will say this: It definitely doesn't look like the small Focus of before -- it looks like a smallish sedan now the size of the old Tempo.

The side profile looks muscular but urbane. It reminded me a lot of what a Kia or Hyundai would look like, only without the inherent cheapness associated with those brands. (Ducks from impending attack from Ovaltine.) The Focus is miles ahead of the Cobalt and makes the G5 look bland and slabsided.

It definitely has image to it, whereas those others have "transportation" written on them. However I can see the Focus get lost in the crowd easily a year from now when its not so new.

Unsure how it stacks up against the Civic on the roads, but I am sorry to suspect the Focus is a step down.

Edited by Roadrunner