WINDSOR BUYOUTS

bigmstick

:shrug: 300 BUYOUT IN WINDSOR AND NO RECALLS :shrug: WHERE IS THE UNIONS TESTICLES,ALWAYS AN EXCUSE:

If you could elaborate a little it would help -- Do you mean that they're offering 300 buyouts AND nobody is getting called back off of layoff?

What's the current tally of laid off Windsor workers?

iam one of those folks that took the early retirement from windsor......now no offense to bigmstick but it was suppose to be a 1 for 1 deal but it looks like its 4 retired 1 job replaced but........what you expect the company to do...... get out of windsor and all you see is korean and japaneese made cars on the road,,,,,we let our borders open and all that emigrated here could care less about our home based industries...they just buy what ever is cheap and thats why there are so many shit box kia-s and hyuandais all over the place.....its time to get after our elected retarded politicians and say enough is enough your suppose to be working for us not foreign county interests....i feel your pain but we gotta start shouting hold them accountable.... :l :angry:

And you wonder why there are layoffs? Did you read that job description? That should be part of someone's job, NOT someone's job.

In Windsor there is/was the power generation plant, the foundry. etc. There was enough work to keep the classificatiion busy. Pipe coverers are no different than oven brickers or glaziers; or a baker or a tinsmiths.

It is a recognized trade, not a mainstream trade, but a trade nonetheless. When you have "a" trade, then you can throw stones; but then again usually those in the trades already know better.

I agree with Sparky Pipe covering is eneough of a trade that there are companies that only do this work, more power to Local 200 for getting this work inhouse. Some trades may not be main stream but should not be put down either. A check of trade lists in CAW or UAW may open some eyes but each one would be contracted if not done i house

I agree with Sparky Pipe covering is eneough of a trade that there are companies that only do this work, more power to Local 200 for getting this work inhouse. Some trades may not be main stream but should not be put down either. A check of trade lists in CAW or UAW may open some eyes but each one would be contracted if not done i house

So you're telling me that new pipes are showing up every day needing to be wrapped?

"more power to Local 200 for getting this work inhouse"

It's inefficiencies like having a trade for pipe wrappers that are the reason Ford is in the shape it is in. A company is not run in a market economy to create jobs, it is run to create profit and the pursuit of that profit is what creates jobs.

In Windsor there is/was the power generation plant, the foundry. etc. There was enough work to keep the classificatiion busy. Pipe coverers are no different than oven brickers or glaziers; or a baker or a tinsmiths.

It is a recognized trade, not a mainstream trade, but a trade nonetheless. When you have "a" trade, then you can throw stones; but then again usually those in the trades already know better.

"It is a recognized trade, not a mainstream trade, but a trade nonetheless"

What you're saying then is that it is a trade only at Ford, and that other more efficient companies either have a generalist perform that task when it becomes necessary or bring in an outside contractor. Specializing like this not only screws the company but also the employee. What the heck is a pipe wrapper going to do if/when he is cut loose. To even call pipe wrapping a trade is an insult to people in real trades.

iam one of those folks that took the early retirement from windsor......now no offense to bigmstick but it was suppose to be a 1 for 1 deal but it looks like its 4 retired 1 job replaced but........what you expect the company to do...... get out of windsor and all you see is korean and japaneese made cars on the road,,,,,we let our borders open and all that emigrated here could care less about our home based industries...they just buy what ever is cheap and thats why there are so many shit box kia-s and hyuandais all over the place.....its time to get after our elected retarded politicians and say enough is enough your suppose to be working for us not foreign county interests....i feel your pain but we gotta start shouting hold them accountable.... :l :angry:

What can the politicans do? Have a quota on the number of Ford and GM cars Canadians must buy?

So you're telling me that new pipes are showing up every day needing to be wrapped?

Have you worked in the foundry or the Powerhouse?

Look at your own plant, any insulated pipes? Take that x 20.

Pipes and boilers get damaged. Things are changed and get upgraded (ie. ever heard of asbestos?) Those plants have been there since the '20s. IIRC

It's not like there's an "army" of them. A few at best. Just like there's only a few carpenters, tinsmiths, etc.

Look up from you job on the line. It's a big world out there.

"more power to Local 200 for getting this work inhouse"

It's inefficiencies like having a trade for pipe wrappers that are the reason Ford is in the shape it is in. A company is not run in a market economy to create jobs, it is run to create profit and the pursuit of that profit is what creates jobs.

"It is a recognized trade, not a mainstream trade, but a trade nonetheless"

What you're saying then is that it is a trade only at Ford, and that other more efficient companies either have a generalist perform that task when it becomes necessary or bring in an outside contractor. Specializing like this not only screws the company but also the employee. What the heck is a pipe wrapper going to do if/when he is cut loose. To even call pipe wrapping a trade is an insult to people in real trades.

Calling in an outside contractor to work on uncovering or recovering any piping that has an abestos based cover is expen$ive. I believe having this preformed in house saves the company money. Any time you insulate steam pipes you make the system more efficent that translates into saving the company $$. If a pipe wrapper is "cut loose" I image there are many firms that would pay good money for his services.

What you're saying then is that it is a trade only at Ford, and that other more efficient companies either have a generalist perform that task when it becomes necessary or bring in an outside contractor. .

Remember that as they outsource your job to "a more efficient company" or "a cheaper worker". And then you can discover the real market value in being a Ford line worker.

I don't understand why people that have never done another person's job marginalizes it.

Back to the topic. It is looking like the company doesn't want people called back from layoff. We will know after the next buy out round may 1 2006.

It doesn't look good, we need 700 to 900 buy outs to get all the people back, there is also the chance of losing a shift on the v-8 5.4 line. If you manage to get past that, then the 1100--1500 jobs will be lost next year.

Go to the union meeting Wednesday night and find out what the union thinks.

lets be serious here,of all the meetings in the last 12 months all we here is buyouts to get everyone bak to work,who they kiddding,we never get the truth the company does wat ever they need to do,and we the workers are just getting abunch of bs from the union every month.I,m tired of attending meetings,and hearing the same ol bs,reminds me of kindergarten thru grade 3 when we used to have story time once a week :);)

lets be serious here,of all the meetings in the last 12 months all we here is buyouts to get everyone bak to work,who they kiddding,we never get the truth the company does wat ever they need to do,and we the workers are just getting abunch of bs from the union every month.I,m tired of attending meetings,and hearing the same ol bs,reminds me of kindergarten thru grade 3 when we used to have story time once a week :);)

You are right. The company has the power now, and they want to pay the union back for all the year the union had the power.

Oh, we are the bitches that will pay. well I hope there are jobs in this area to suck up some of the jobs lost.

P.S. no one really cares about someone elses situation, the union will try but they can't make people take down weeks so less people get laid off, they can't make people retire,they can't make people not do overtime.

The just try to guide people, but the a-holes that we all know at work will tell the union to f-off. The people that make up the union are about me me me right now, but so is society in general.

Windsor workers only want the truth,we don,t pressure ne1 with retiring if they choose not to.How ever we get the same ol story month in month out about buyouts so every employee may return to work.We only ask 4 the truth,if in fact we will have employment to return to,or possibly buyout ,so we may move on with are lives and to seek other employment.Do u think this is to much to ask? :shrug: :shrug: