hyundia is far from all that

mustang_fla_guy

ive had 2 hyundias already, a accent, and a 2005 tucson. even though i never broke down with either car, i found the driving experience to be very soul-less, with no drive feed back. the inside plastics had some of its paint coming off, the paint jobs were sub-par, and when you trade one of them in, you get kicked in the pants,lol. i now have a 2007 ford mustang, my 2nd mustang, and its so far been a great car.

the mustang is in a different class really, a big question mark for hyunida is, will it hold-up. and will driving it be bland, like hyundias are

There have been lots of good sport coupes over the years including Hyundai, but where are they now? The sport coupe market is about dead and only the Mustang has survived, and even that market is dwindling a bit. Good luck to those entering it. I see sport coupes as second cars, not as primary car if that is to be your only vehicle. If I had a two car garage to myself only, I would contemplate buying new Mustang and just driving my present Taurus forever. So the Mustang would just be a summer car. That's all my last Mustang was when I owned it.

There have been lots of good sport coupes over the years including Hyundai, but where are they now? The sport coupe market is about dead and only the Mustang has survived, and even that market is dwindling a bit. Good luck to those entering it. I see sport coupes as second cars, not as primary car if that is to be your only vehicle. If I had a two car garage to myself only, I would contemplate buying new Mustang and just driving my present Taurus forever. So the Mustang would just be a summer car. That's all my last Mustang was when I owned it.

hyundia really never has had a real sport coupe, the tib is slow, way too small, crude, and supriseingly, crappy on gas.

Fuck all those damn Korean cars. I'll never buy one. Not after those little bastard tried to storm the US Embassy a couple weeks back over the Free Trade agreement. Basically they just announced to the citizens of the United States that "Yes it's ok for we Koreans to sell our cheap ass cars there because we have lower parts and labors costs but no its not ok for the US to sell things on the Korean market that can be produced and sold cheaper then Koreans can do it." They can keep their riced out Korean shit cars. Fuckem. Sorry about the language but that's just how I feel about Korean products rights now.

193quigon.jpg

Fuck all those damn Korean cars. I'll never buy one. Not after those little bastard tried to storm the US Embassy a couple weeks back over the Free Trade agreement. Basically they just announced to the citizens of the United States that "Yes it's ok for we Koreans to sell our cheap ass cars there because we have lower parts and labors costs but no its not ok for the US to sell things on the Korean market that can be produced and sold cheaper then Koreans can do it." They can keep their riced out Korean shit cars. Fuckem. Sorry about the language but that's just how I feel about Korean products rights now.

193quigon.jpg

Is Hyundai's CEO out of prison yet? Could you imagine the flap if Ford's CEO had to go to prison for operating an illegal slush fund and had done it before also after getting caught first time? I wouldn't trust Hyundai or Kia as far as I could throw them. I hear a lot of people get screwed about their 10 year warranty also. Kia....cheap cars for Walmart and Dollar Store shoppers. A Dollar car for a Dollar Store mentality. But I do wish Ford was in that market. I hope their new B car is nice car for about $12,000. People sure do have that mentality now.

Is Hyundai's CEO out of prison yet? Could you imagine the flap if Ford's CEO had to go to prison for operating an illegal slush fund and had done it before also after getting caught first time? I wouldn't trust Hyundai or Kia as far as I could throw them. I hear a lot of people get screwed about their 10 year warranty also. Kia....cheap cars for Walmart and Dollar Store shoppers. A Dollar car for a Dollar Store mentality. But I do wish Ford was in that market. I hope their new B car is nice car for about $12,000. People sure do have that mentality now.

ive had 2 products from hyundia, i never broke-down in them, but some how wished i did just for the excitment alone, toyota should fear them, soon someone will have cars as boring and soulless as themselfs. im rooting for ford, and the other 2 american auto makers. its very late in the game for them to turn things around, but it is starting to work for gm, so it can be done. if ford can have low recalls even with some of its long in the tooth products, and keep the mistakes to a min, and work on getting fresh products to market, even if it drips in, it can make it, and i hope they do.

193quigon.jpg

Thanks for putting that out here. I'm sick of all these pissant countries that sell all there shit over here but make up all kinds of rules and tarriffs and b/s so we can't sell there. And you gotta love Japan now. In recent weeks they announced the withdrawal of all support for the Iraq war coalition (what little they did) and also set out a fleet of whalers to go after whales despite the rest of the world respecting the ban on that. Remember Katrina, and all the outpouring of aid from other countries (insert sarcasm here) Japan gave us 1 million dollars. No wonder Toyota acts all fake Patriotic and American, their own country is a one way street that thumbs it's nose at international law but come crying to the U.S, every time that wacko in North Korea fires a missile towards it.

Thanks for putting that out here. I'm sick of all these pissant countries that sell all there shit over here but make up all kinds of rules and tarriffs and b/s so we can't sell there. And you gotta love Japan now. In recent weeks they announced the withdrawal of all support for the Iraq war coalition (what little they did) and also set out a fleet of whalers to go after whales despite the rest of the world respecting the ban on that. Remember Katrina, and all the outpouring of aid from other countries (insert sarcasm here) Japan gave us 1 million dollars. No wonder Toyota acts all fake Patriotic and American, their own country is a one way street that thumbs it's nose at international law but come crying to the U.S, every time that wacko in North Korea fires a missile towards it.

Ok...look.gif

Your Mustang is about to get some competition from Hyundai.

LINK

hyundai_genesis_concept_ext_l.jpg

I doubt anybody that really wants a Mustang would consider a Hyundai. Think about about it, do you think anybody in the market for a 2 door coupe would consider a Mustang if it wasn't a "Mustang"? I do hope that the increased competition will make Ford update the Mustang more often. When the 09 Mustang comes with the 3.5 standard, this Hyundai will already be behind...

Let's not forget the word "concept" in the description of this car. I'm sure the production version will be somewhat similar, but let's not put the cart ahead of the horse.

Rumor has it that it will have a base turbo I-4 and an optional V6. Their V8 should fit, so I just imagine it's a matter of time before they put it in there. Even with the V8, they will have a hard time competeing against the history of the Mustang, Camaro & Challenger...

Hyundai's interiors have come a loooooooooong way. Went to Hyundai dealer, and interior quality of the Veracruz, Azera and Sonata (these were the only ones i got in) was better than that in my sister's 05 Altima. Almost as good as in my uncle's Mercedes-Benz, but not quite.

ive had 2 products from hyundia, i never broke-down in them, but some how wished i did just for the excitment alone, toyota should fear them, soon someone will have cars as boring and soulless as themselfs. im rooting for ford, and the other 2 american auto makers. its very late in the game for them to turn things around, but it is starting to work for gm, so it can be done. if ford can have low recalls even with some of its long in the tooth products, and keep the mistakes to a min, and work on getting fresh products to market, even if it drips in, it can make it, and i hope they do.

It's a breath of fresh air to see someone coming from the imports to drive a domestic again and also rooting for the domestics. That's not something you hear about very often...one can only hope there will be more like you!

My sister bought a Hyundai new in 1998. an Accent hatch, no options at all. 5spd 1.6L(?), no ac, roll up windows and purple. It was a great little car until... well, lets say she met a real winner that wound up using it more than her and played bumper cars with it alot. Eventually after the body work was done on it they finally really killed the car.

How? i dont blame the car. I blame owner ignorance by going 145K miles without ever changing the timing belt. If they did that, it would probably still be on the road. Good car, never needed any repairs beyong routine maint. Only one recall for a gas cap that might not vent properly.

Oh, yes.... it was an interference engine -

hyundaipiston2.jpg

My sister bought a Hyundai new in 1998. an Accent hatch, no options at all. 5spd 1.6L(?), no ac, roll up windows and purple. It was a great little car until... well, lets say she met a real winner that wound up using it more than her and played bumper cars with it alot. Eventually after the body work was done on it they finally really killed the car.

How? i dont blame the car. I blame owner ignorance by going 145K miles without ever changing the timing belt. If they did that, it would probably still be on the road. Good car, never needed any repairs beyong routine maint. Only one recall for a gas cap that might not vent properly.

Oh, yes.... it was an interference engine -

hyundaipiston2.jpg

as ive said, i have had 2 hyundias before, and i had no mechanical problems with them, so in that respect, they held-up. its the plastic on the inside of the car are was not holding up very well. the funny part was, after i bought my last hyundia, i felt somewhat bad about it. i felt bad for not giving a domestic product like ford a chance, i had a mustang before, and it was the best car that i had, but i went for a small suv this time, and it was from korea. i felt bad for feeling bad, lol, as silly as this sounds. i know that people will buy want you want, regardless of where it comes, but its time to give america a very hard look again, and since i bought my 2007 mustang, so far anyway, im so glad that i did. every should get a 2nd chance, yes i know they screwd-up somewhat in the past, and maybe not all of american products are the best in certain classes, but theres some very good products out there that should atleast begiven a look at. i think ford makes some of the best handling and fun cars to drive out there for the price, im more loyal to ford because my dad bought a ford fairlane in 1967, new. it had that great 289 v8 in it, which after he sold it ran untill it had 285,000 miles on it, it only died because the 2nd owner ran into a tree with it, and he still drove it for a few mos untill probles were creeping up as a result of the tree crash............. :ohsnap:

The earthquake in Japan a few years ago the US sent more aide to the city of Kyoto as a result than the Japanesse Government sent. IMHO, 1 million dollars was a huge amount of money for them to part with, politically motivated undoubtedly. And no doubt in my mind that was sent by the Amerian marketing arm of Toyota. The Japanesse parent company would not send money I'm sure.

And back on thread, the Korean company products are not up to the Japanesse or American, or European competition. But they are getting stronger all the time. Everytime someone buys one of these little sh*t boxes, helps them out that much more in taking over our country and our way of life. I know this, you do NOT want them to dictate to you on how to live. Don't buy that trash. And if you don't believe it's trash, just check out the Consumer Reports Frequency of Repair listings. Korean cars just don't make the cut.

Edited by jonas1022

193quigon.jpg

Thank your country for signing that FREE trade agreement :stirpot:

Why does everything have to evolve into a political point? Some people have to buy cheap cars. That's what they can afford. The fact that Hyundai has such a long term warranty makes it more attractive to buy. Yes, they are soul-less cars. They are a very small step above basic transpoartation and they don't have to be exciting. Some people get excited by the fact that they get to work, or anywhere else, without the drama of breakdown. That's reassuring to someone on a tight budget. Besides, they need more money for extra minutes on their cellphones! :pig:

Typed, o-n-e l-e-t-t-e-r a-t a t-i-m-e.

Edited by 156n3rd

Why does everything have to evolve into a political point? Some people have to buy cheap cars. That's what they can afford. The fact that Hyundai has such a long term warranty makes it more attractive to buy. Yes, they are soul-less cars. They are a very small step above basic transpoartation and they don't have to be exciting. Some people get excited by the fact that they get to work, or anywhere else, without the drama of breakdown. That's reassuring to someone on a tight budget. Besides, they need more money for extra minutes on their cellphones! :pig:

Typed, o-n-e l-e-t-t-e-r a-t a t-i-m-e.

Everything in life has a political component to it 156, you might as well accept it. I understand the need for cheap cars, and I also understand fair play and the difference between right and wrong. If it's ok for the Koreans to sell cheap cars with zero tariffs here in the United States then it should be ok for US Farmers to sell their low priced (cheap) food goods on the Korean market. The fact that they think it's not ok to the point that they try to storm the American Embassy tells me that they don't really want what is right and fair, they just want to sell their cheap shitbox cars here and we aren't supposed to compete in any way with them.

Frankly, furthermore you have to understand the long term implications and consequences on our own economy and by extension therefore our standard of living that results from continually buying cheap shit from countries like Korea and China. That's a whole other thread though. I'll never buy one of these junky little cars and frankly given the way the Koreans are acting in this article, I don't have any respect for either them or anyone that buys their shitbox cars.

Your opinons are duely noted. They are tantamount to tyranny. You want to stifle world economy for political control. Sounds like a you resent authority, or just can't bear to think people not only disagree with you but how dare they do what they want?! If GM hadn't controlled the trolley car industry out of buisness by selling sub-standard buses, we would have viable mass transit in this country. Something that exists in many many parts of the world and is nearly non-existant now. 60 years ago, railroads were all over this great country. They were run out by highways to no where, roads to gridlock due to poor planning and quick spending to keep getting more. Regardless of where this thread belongs, it had to be said. Anyway, if you dis-respect someone because of a personal purchase they have made, you are denying them the freedom to spend their money the way the desire. Go ahead and rail against me, I'm just following your line of thinking. The need for cheap is a very real phenomenon in this country and until things change, you can expect the Chinese and even the Indians to try and sell their stuff here. There will be a market for it. Look at the SMART. 50,000 people have tested one and they are hardly on sale yet. That has to tell you something.

Your opinons are duely noted. They are tantamount to tyranny. You want to stifle world economy for political control. Sounds like a you resent authority, or just can't bear to think people not only disagree with you but how dare they do what they want?! If GM hadn't controlled the trolley car industry out of buisness by selling sub-standard buses, we would have viable mass transit in this country. Something that exists in many many parts of the world and is nearly non-existant now. 60 years ago, railroads were all over this great country. They were run out by highways to no where, roads to gridlock due to poor planning and quick spending to keep getting more. Regardless of where this thread belongs, it had to be said. Anyway, if you dis-respect someone because of a personal purchase they have made, you are denying them the freedom to spend their money the way the desire. Go ahead and rail against me, I'm just following your line of thinking. The need for cheap is a very real phenomenon in this country and until things change, you can expect the Chinese and even the Indians to try and sell their stuff here. There will be a market for it. Look at the SMART. 50,000 people have tested one and they are hardly on sale yet. That has to tell you something.

Yeah, maybe you should check the reliability of the SMART cars before you run off and buy one. Not so smart.

My opinion is tantamount to tyranny? Really? I think that if Korea wants to sell it's cheap products in our market that the US should be allowed to sell it's cheap products on the Korean market. That's tyranny is it? That is going to "stifle" the world economy? LOL Clearly your understanding of economics ended sometime shortly after "Mommy how much is that lolly pop?"

People who buy the cars of a country who's citizens try to storm our embassy over rice do not deserve respect. Now I understand many buyers may not know about that incident so they are blissfully ignorant. But for those that do and still make the choice to buy these cars, yeah you deserve no respect.