Another BONer prediction bites the dust

range

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vue issue is the same as the Aura issue. It doesn't look like a Saturn, and it costs more than Saturn customers want to spend. It's a non-starter. Should've had a Chevy badge on it, yadda yadda yadda. Have I said before that GM has screwed Chevy over?

I don't see chevy being screwed except for the lack of the Lamba, the Equinox is still scheduled to b e replaced after its life cycle and the Malibu was replaced after only 4 years, what do you expect from GM? 2-3 year product cycles for chevy? I fail to see your logic, GM has made a decision on where they want Saturn to be and they went for it to keep the brand alive.

I don't see chevy being screwed except for the lack of the Lamba, the Equinox is still scheduled to b e replaced after its life cycle and the Malibu was replaced after only 4 years, what do you expect from GM? 2-3 year product cycles for chevy? I fail to see your logic, GM has made a decision on where they want Saturn to be and they went for it to keep the brand alive.

Why did Saturn get a Lambda ahead of Chevy?

GM needs to stay alive in order for Saturn to stay alive, and they'd sell more Lambdas from Chevy dealerships than they ever will from Saturn dealerships.

Why did Saturn get the Astra?

I can understand why the Equinox follows the Vue, and the Aura the Malibu, but you would think that GM would bite the bullet and either get these programs in sync, or prioritize their volume brand. Saturn may never be profitable, certainly not with GM insisting on differentiating every single piece of sheetmetal, and a fair chunk of the interior bits as well, and their whole strategy of focusing on Saturn (heavy ad buying during college football--c'mon how many college football nuts want to be seen in a Saturn?) is misplaced, IMO. But then you already knew that.....

Anyone look at the new Scion xBox ? It has just ONE rear backup lamp. And it's not symetrically placed either, it's off to one side.

I know, it's stupid, comes from Japan, I think they do that over there for some reason. Scions (TC excluded) aren't exactly the best looking vehicles anyways.

I know, it's stupid, comes from Japan, I think they do that over there for some reason. Scions (TC excluded) aren't exactly the best looking vehicles anyways.

That can't be safe? Some people or kids may mistake it for a external light and not expect the car to actually be in reverse. I'm speaking for the American versions where that has never been seen.

Edited by Hydro

I have a 2004 Escape V6 with AWD, I really like it. It has 76,000 trouble free miles on it. When I purchased it I drove both the Toyota, and Honda competition. They were both nice vehicles, but the Escape had the spare under the car unlike the Toyota's hanging off the back. The Escape's rear window could be raised by itself, and the V6 was certainly better then the 4 cyclinder's of the competition. The Honda had some kind of stupid table you could unfold in the back. I personally thought the Escape was a better vehicle for the money and I have not been let down.

It gets good gas mileage, rides and drives nice. I like it and if faced with purchasing another small SUV would more then likely make the same decision although I would look at the Chevy counterpart now and also the Saturn. I might revisit the Honda and Toyota, but the Honda still has the 4 cylinder and is kind of lame looking with those weird tail lights. The Toyota looks better then when I drove the 04 but being Toyota I'm sure they want two prices for it.

Ford has a good product and you see quite a few of them on the road... What I don't understand is them abandoning the Ranger, that was such a popular truck in years past...

:reading:

Edited by piper87C

Please don't get them started on the Ranger. Whatever you do. The Ranger evangelists are almost as bad as the Pantherphiles.

As for the Vue, while I find the exterior cool to look at, the interior isn't to my taste. Having ridden shotgun in one across a few states, I'm also not fond of the seat comfort, or the leg area layout. The 4 banger seemed sufficient in the low mileage rental that we had (at least, that's what I thought it had in it). The thing about the vue is that it is quite a bit more expensive than the vehicle it replaced. that's definitely going to hurt volume.