Another BONer prediction bites the dust

range

I don't think the escape is anything special either. I doubt any small CUV would impress me. The only thing I like about the Escape is that it took a different route from all others on the exterior. Just for argument sake, 10% can make a big difference. A great deal many people really like the Escape. Many like the view as well. I wouldn't want either.

There's nothing really different about it, take a look at Jeep which takes the 'tough' look a step further. In fact, the Escape is really the least different of all and falls in line with Fords evolutionary approach to design.

Ford of Europe has some hideous looking vehicles reletive to tamer Opel which works much better stateside. Look at the Kuga! Give me a break, who wants that to replace the Escape? But the Antara! Now that is better design.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't seem to care very much. Really its not that understandable. I don't care about things like soft touch in most places because I don't sit there feeling up the dash. Unless the interior is awful it really doesn't bother me.

Again, a police interior is not meant to be "luxurious". It has a specific purpose.

There's nothing really different about it, take a look at Jeep which takes the 'tough' look a step further. In fact, the Escape is really the least different of all and falls in line with Fords evolutionary approach to design.

Ford of Europe has some hideous looking vehicles reletive to tamer Opel which works much better stateside. Look at the Kuga! Give me a break, who wants that to replace the Escape? But the Antara! Now that is better design.

The Escape is different from other CUVs. I like its exterior because it does steal some of the jeep look, which IMO, is very nice.

Thats right. I was simply pointing out that the interior does not seem to bother you and you drive it every day.

There are many, many things I wish I had. I have also added a bunch of things, like a CD player, auto-dimming mirror with compass and temp. I already have power locks, windows, seat, and cruise. The dash is terrible, but I have added a Marauder cluster so I at least have a tach.

I really want heated seats.

And if Ford was AT ALL interested in staying "ahead" of the game, they would make a heated steering wheel optional.

The Escape is an SUV apparently because it looks like one. I think that was Ford's strategy with the Escape, it wasn't meant to look like the VUE's CUV sleakness, which is good since the Escape could never carry off the same look by preserving all the hardpoints. The Edge is there to pick up the VUE segment, although you have to pay more at Ford to get that look.

The Escape is nicely rugged, a car you can beat up on and use for genuine utility and I think that's what many Escape buyers are looking for (I know my Dad is one of those people that needs a car he can chew up and spit out ever 3 years and the Escape fits the bill as affordably disposable). He won't get cars like the Edge simply because he knows he'll abuse it and pack on the miles, he'll loose tons of money when it hits 80,000 miles in 3 years.

Edited by BORG

A BONer prediction? lulz.

It's a fact that the negatards (DiCKhead, Vick Hick, PcSario) are a bunch of uneducated people from south USA.

You just can't help but be a miserable, pathetic, prejudiced asswipe can you dick head?

Maybe you noticed the Boston Red Sox logo in DCK's posts? That's gotta be because he's from Atlanta right dumb ass?

Now I don't know where pcsario is from but P71 CrownVic has a profile that says he's from Cottage Grove, Minnesota. I guess that's a suburb of Orlando or something.

The only uneducated dumb fuck in your post was you.

I drive an MKX which is a notoriously bloated and overweight product with TERRIBLE gas mileage.

I dunno what your expectations are, but keep in mind that depending on your mileage is on your MKX, it will get better as it breaks in. My Mustang didn't start getting decent MPG till it hit 9K on the odometer.

As for crappy MPG, this what I got from a Lincoln dealership about leasing an MKX

Its 265-hp V6 delivers a best-in-class up to 24 highway mpg using regular gas

I'm less enthusiastic about it after seeing the VUE around town, that is a much more appealing vehicle all around.

The VUE isn't too bad, but I've noticed something about them that looks awfully cheap...

They went from uber-cheap-looking bicycle wheel reflectors on the rear bumper....

02_SaturnVue.jpg

istockphoto_299981_bike_reflector.jpg

...to even worse, oddly-placed driveway marker reflectors on the rear bumper.

vueredline2.jpg

istockphoto_3801045_road_side_reflector.jpg

You just can't help but be a miserable, pathetic, prejudiced asswipe can you dick head?

Maybe you noticed the Boston Red Sox logo in DCK's posts? That's gotta be because he's from Atlanta right dumb ass?

Now I don't know where pcsario is from but P71 CrownVic has a profile that says he's from Cottage Grove, Minnesota. I guess that's a suburb of Orlando or something.

The only uneducated dumb fuck in your post was you.

Lol no. I didn't knew people never left the place they lived/raised/born in.

And tbqh, all rednecks know Internet is serious business. Oh WAIT

Edited by LincolnFan

Does anybody know how well the Vue is selling, I see them like the plague, they are everywhere. It doesn't help that there are 5 of them in the neighborhood (one traded her Mercury Mariner while another loyal Escape buyer traded his in for a nice Red one). These were some of the last Ford holdouts in my neighborhood ;). Heck, you can even see one right behind my vehicle! ;)

2007%20Lincoln%20MKX%20_4_.JPG

The Caddy version is going to put my MKX to shame :(

Edited by BORG

Around Kansas City here, where the EscapeMarinerTribute is built, I have seen a lot of them recently, and they're not fleet. But I agree, they're taking away from bigger SUV sales.. Can't remember the last time I saw a new Explorer, and only a few Expeditions (thanks to last years' refresh).

One of the nice things about the Escape/Tribute is that when they debuted, the interior volume was almost as large as the previous generation Explorer, a substantially bigger and heavier vehicle. I also liked the fact that they were able to store the spare tire inside the vehicle, as opposed to the CRV/RAV4 competition of the day. IIRC, Mazda engineers were responsible for the packaging design and Ford had responsibility for the drivetrain.

The biggest drawback at introduction was the long string of recalls, which left a taint of poor quality.

per todays sales numbers -

Does anybody know how well the Vue is selling, I see them like the plague, they are everywhere.

Yea, Vue sales are down, month-to-month and year-to-date.

VUE

Nov:....4,688 5,808 -19.3

YTD:..76,439 82,468 -7.3

Vue issue is the same as the Aura issue. It doesn't look like a Saturn, and it costs more than Saturn customers want to spend. It's a non-starter. Should've had a Chevy badge on it, yadda yadda yadda. Have I said before that GM has screwed Chevy over?

Well GM wants to make Saturn Opel USA, but do consumers want Opels?

Seems not with the sales they are getting.