MKX ordering

AV99GT

Thinking about getting a new MKX. I see on Edmunds and kbb that there is a Pkg Discount, -252.00 -300.00 (Req's Ultimate Pkg-60A) (Deletes 8-Spoke Chrome Aluminum Wheels), that deletes the chrome wheels that you get if you want the Ultimate package. Has anybody seen one that way or ordered one that way?

I do not like the look of the Chrome "clad" wheels.

How long does it take if I have it ordered? Also Linocln does X-plan pins right?

Thanks

Thinking about getting a new MKX. I see on Edmunds and kbb that there is a Pkg Discount, -252.00 -300.00 (Req's Ultimate Pkg-60A) (Deletes 8-Spoke Chrome Aluminum Wheels), that deletes the chrome wheels that you get if you want the Ultimate package. Has anybody seen one that way or ordered one that way?

How long does it take if I have it ordered? Also Linocln does X-plan pins right?

Thanks

Chrome clad wheels look just like chrome wheels. They are in fact better in some ways because they are on an aluminum wheel rather than a steel one. They would be fine. If you don't like them I guess thats your choice, but I don't really see any difference in the look.

Thanks

Hi AV99GT. :D As far as the Option Packages, it is always best to go to the Lincoln Website LINK - Lincoln or visit your local Lincoln Dealer and ask them.

You can figure on approximately 8 weeks or so, if you order after the Holiday period (the plants have a Holiday shut down schedule).

And yes, you can use an X-Plan PIN to order Lincoln vehicles.

Hope this information is helpful.

Good luck! :beerchug:

I am curious, for instance if I wanna get 08 MKX AWD with the following extra options:

-Ultimate Package

- Black Roof Rack Side Rails

- Heated Rear Seats

- Class II Trailer Tow Package (3,500 lb. Max Towing Capacity)

- THX® II Certified Audio System w/14 Speakers

- DRL

- block heater

MSPR is $41000 and invoice is $37615 according to Edmunds. What should I expect if I will use X-plan? does a dealer will go down below invoice or it would be somewhere around sticker and invoice?

Thanks for any inputs in advance.

I am curious, for instance if I wanna get 08 MKX AWD with the following extra options:

-Ultimate Package

- Black Roof Rack Side Rails

- Heated Rear Seats

- Class II Trailer Tow Package (3,500 lb. Max Towing Capacity)

- THX® II Certified Audio System w/14 Speakers

- DRL

- block heater

MSPR is $41000 and invoice is $37615 according to Edmunds. What should I expect if I will use X-plan? does a dealer will go down below invoice or it would be somewhere around sticker and invoice?

Thanks for any inputs in advance.

Hi semco. :D X-Plan will give you a better price on the MKX than you would be able to negotiate yourself. If that is the valid Invoice price, your X-Plan price would be $37,916, then you would deduct all current Incentives which you qualify for.

So, in other words, if there were currently $2,000 in Rebates and Incentives, your final X-Plan price would be $35,916 ($37,816 - $2,000 = $35,916)

It will be difficult to negotiate your own deal, and get down to "Invoice" price (before Incentives are deducted) on the MKX, since it is a hot selling vehicle at the moment.

On Lincoln vehicles. you can figure that X-Plan price will be just slightly above the true "Factory Invoice Price" of an MKX. That will still be well below MSRP (the Window Sticker).

In fact, the X-Plan calculation for Lincoln vehicles is as follows: Dealer Invoice + 0.6% of Invoice + $75 Administration Fee.

You also need to remember that with an X-Plan purchase, you still qualify for all the same Incentives as on a regular retail purchase.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Chrome clad wheels look just like chrome wheels. They are in fact better in some ways because they are on an aluminum wheel rather than a steel one. They would be fine. If you don't like them I guess thats your choice, but I don't really see any difference in the look.

Well I just don't like the way they look, they have an extra recessed line on each spoke. FYI most new wheels are actually chromed Al, not steel. They actually plate it first with a lay of Nickel than they are able to chrome plate.

Hi AV99GT. :D As far as the Option Packages, it is always best to go to the Lincoln Website LINK - Lincoln or visit your local Lincoln Dealer and ask them.

You can figure on approximately 8 weeks or so, if you order after the Holiday period (the plants have a Holiday shut down schedule).

And yes, you can use an X-Plan PIN to order Lincoln vehicles.

Hope this information is helpful.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Thanks bbf2530. You are VERY helpful I see on this site much appreciated!

I am hoping to ordered around spring time, that is when my wife will be done with school.

If I can't order with the delete I will see if the dealer will swap them for the machined wheel.

One other question with the pin since it is good for only 30 days, should I wait to ask for a pin until till the car comes in to give to the dealer?

Edited by AV99GT

Thanks bbf2530. You are VERY helpful I see on this site much appreciated!

I am hoping to ordered around spring time, that is when my wife will be done with school.

If I can't order with the delete I will see if the dealer will swap them for the machined wheel.

One other question with the pin since it is good for only 30 days, should I wait to ask for a pin until till the car comes in to give to the dealer?

The PINs issued here MAY be cancelled after 30 days if you don't use it AND you don't stay in contact with the issuing employee. The goal was to prevent PINs from being issued and never used. If the employee knows you've ordered the vehicle and you stay in touch it shouldn't be an issue.

The PINs issued here MAY be cancelled after 30 days if you don't use it AND you don't stay in contact with the issuing employee. The goal was to prevent PINs from being issued and never used. If the employee knows you've ordered the vehicle and you stay in touch it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks now I understand.