New Dodge Journey Photos

DCK

Great, another crossover that no one wants! It looks like a Toyota. Who needs it? The Nitro, for all it's ugliness, looks good in black with nice wheels. That said, for as much I'd like to see Chrysler sustain itself, when are they gonna build something that someone wants?

I'm not sure that I've seen either in a fleet variant. Mostly, an occcasional private owner. Now, I've seen plenty Avengers and Sebrings in fleets.

I had a Caliber for a rental while my Mustang was getting repaired...it was the biggest turd I've ever driven, worse then the Forenza I had before it. The only thing worse was the Chevy Aveo I had for 24 hours before getting an 08 Jetta Rental

According to the article it is based on the Avenger platform. It looks like an Avenger wagon which would make it smaller than a Taurus X. I guess it would be about the size of a Mazda CX-7 or an Edge. It isn't horrible looking IMO but it's no beauty either. It the interior is on par with the Avenger, then it won't be too impressive. Given the reported cancellation of the Pacifica I would anticipate a Sebring version if it sells.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Size wise, its somewhere between a CX-7 and the Taurus X. I don't think it is as wide as the Taurus X, especially in interior room. Definitely slightly shorter front to back. The outside looks decent enough for a Dodge. The interior looks very functional and inoffensive. People replacing minivans will appreciate the durability and practicality.

My one main concern for this vehicle is what I read on another site about its powertrain. The base 2.4L and the 2.7L will use a 4AT as their transmission, likely the same one that was used in the previous gen DCX minivans. That tranny isn't known for its durability. The 2.4L is going to be rather weak in that vehicle. I've driven a SWB Caravan with the base 4 banger and, trust me, its almost so underpowered that its dangerous. Hopefully, final production models will instead use at least the CVT setup from the Jeep Patriot. That would definitely help the 4 banger meet the demands of motivating this vehicle, which is very likely to be heavier than the previous SWB caravan. The 2.7L flex fuel is there as an upsell and to make a flex fuel to offset the 3.5L version. Still with that crummy 4AT. That would be much much better with the CVT again, or at least the 6AT from the 3.5L.

I'm not sure that I've seen either in a fleet variant. Mostly, an occcasional private owner. Now, I've seen plenty Avengers and Sebrings in fleets.

First, Avenger/Sebring in fleets is obvious, could've predicted that a long time ago.

Second, unless people are buying base versions of Caliber/Nitro w/ all lower plastic fenders, bumpers, etc., then they're going to rental fleets near me. I know that my family has rented brand new (08) Aspens and Durangos before.

Edited by rmc523