2008 4 door Bronco concept

rmc523

Anyway, back to the picture, I like the 4-door Bronco. Nice work especially considering it was done in Paint. If they built it, it would definitely sell well. If the new Bronco could perform with an LR3 or Patriot, I might consider buying one.

Thanks.

Just because a person hasn't posted on this site 1000 times doesn't preclude their ability to read others comments.

I know before I joined BOF, I just sat back and read posts without actually posting.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:redcard:

Try reading this thread completely.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...932&hl=puma

Do you remember any of your own comments furious? Seems you posted a few times regarding your own disdain for a car based Bronco like many of the rest of us. Where is your proof that it is a real possibility?

I agree that if it can't perform with a Wrangler why build it. However, just like the Mustang II, Ford built the best Mustang they could for the time. If Ford didn't build the Mustang II, we might not have the Mustang we have today. The self proclaimed people in the know on BON seem to have inside info that would indicate that the "next" Bronco will be based on the Fiesta, like it or not. That doesn't mean that some future iteration won't be a proper Bronco. I hope they have no idea what they are talking about, but I'm not so myopic to think that just because we want a Bronco that can perform better than a Wrangler that they are going to build it.

Anyway, back to the picture, I like the 4-door Bronco. Nice work especially considering it was done in Paint. If they built it, it would definitely sell well. If the new Bronco could perform with an LR3 or Patriot, I might consider buying one.

...and by the way, that thread I was referencing started just over a month ago. I was "here" then. I believe my first post was on that thread. There have been many other threads over the years discussing the new Bronco concept since it was introduced in 2004. Just because a person hasn't posted on this site 1000 times doesn't preclude their ability to read others comments.

Sorry, I am also not infalable! I normally go back and read a members previous posts before making derogatory remarks. I just want to see the Bronco happen. It is not what many of us view as a traditional Bronco, but there is a market for it if it is also available in a four door version! Anything is possible if properly motivated!

I told you, it's everywhere!

This dude was tracking my posts through "Find members posts" and posted this trash on every thread I hit!

Edited by Furious1Auto

That's a really good shop there! I like it, however, there is one thing: the Bronco should only be sold with the following three traditional elements:

1. Two door only! Maybe with the trick itty-bitty rear doors like truck SuperCabs (or gasp! Toyota FJ), but at least only two 'big' doors.

2. Standard 4x4, like all Hummers. I don't want 'available' 2WD like the Jeep Wrangler now offers.

3. Have standard removable hardtop with available softtop.

Agreed on parts 1 & 2, just a note that the wrangler is standard 4wd as it has been back to the CJ days IIRC

Also, a unibody off-roader can work, the cherokee was quite competant, just the big advantage with the wrangler is all the aftermarket parts made over the years.

Very nice looking truck!

I would like to see a version retro designed on the old original Bronco. But keep it simple like the original. If someone wants plush let them buy the Land Rover.....

That's a really good shop there! I like it, however, there is one thing: the Bronco should only be sold with the following three traditional elements:

1. Two door only! Maybe with the trick itty-bitty rear doors like truck SuperCabs (or gasp! Toyota FJ), but at least only two 'big' doors.

2. Standard 4x4, like all Hummers. I don't want 'available' 2WD like the Jeep Wrangler now offers.

Of course for #3, the truck would have to have good rigidity for that removable top. But again, it should have the three key elements all Broncos had from '66-'96 (I'm not counting the Bronco II). I think Ford should offer two sizes. The Bronco should be based on the next F-150 with fully-boxed frame and have the old 60s retro styling, solid axles, locking diffs, etc. And then offer at the same time something like the Bronco Super Duty, obviously based on the new current Super Duty trucks with the aforementioned accessories, and it would look like the old 70s-96 'big boy' Broncos.

Customers will want car-like ride. Well then offer air springs, include lots of sound/noise-deadenings; luxury features like heated leather seats, HD radio, DVD navigation/players, fold-flat rear seat(s), etc.; suspension designed for on-road smoothness and for ultimate off-roading capability, etc. and etc.

GM has the Hummer brand and Chrysler/Cerebus has the Jeep and why would Ford want to sell of Land Rover? When LR gets sold, what vehicle will Ford market for the ultimate 4x4 category? Obviously the two Bronco models would do. And then load it up with customizable options! Some people might want to drive it as a grocery-getting vehicle while others want to go to Moab, Utah and compete with the Jeeps and Hummers.

Again, nice job on the shop there.

I agree Jimmy on a simple/basic version, but would add that Ford might want to consider offering not only the basic version, but also a full blown upgraded (competence level) version, with all of the add-ons available right from your local dealer so that those who buy the basic model can do the add-on upgrades later themselves, if they want. Why not capitalize on the aftermarket add-on money? In that way, they can get both levels of customers.

I don't mean a rock-crawler 'competence level', but at least as capable as a Wrangler Rubicon. Personally, I like the new design and hope that they build it. It definitely will be under consideration for me as long as they don't make it too small (I'm looking to move from the city to the country soon and I am 6'4" / 205 so too small might eliminate it from contention).

If Ford builds a Bronco it needs to be simple like the Original version. I had a 1972 302V8 3 speed on the tree and it was GREAT!

2609202050098054130UbvBmA_th.jpg

I'm just guessing here, but from the looks of it, it appears the the 04(?) Bronco concept was based on that design. I could be wrong though, like I said, I'm just going by looks.

Yeah, I saw that as well and thought it would be a problem.

Would it really be that big of a problem? I see how it could be, now that I look at it. I suppose it could depend on how the hinge itself works as well. I didn't really think about that when I did the chop.

Sorry, I am also not infalable! I normally go back and read a members previous posts before making derogatory remarks. I just want to see the Bronco happen. It is not what many of us view as a traditional Bronco, but there is a market for it if it is also available in a four door version! Anything is possible if properly motivated!

:shades:

No biggie! It's amazing all the talk about the Bronco Concept, and what the next one should be. There is another thread that is fairly current regarding Ford merging with Chrysler because Ford wants the Wrangler...which would then either share it's platform or eventually morph the Wrangler into the Bronco or some sort of craziness like that. Who knows? All I know is that my next car will either be a Mustang GT or a Bronco, if they make make it like a traditional Bronco as you put it.

Just noticed that you were over there as well so you already know what I'm talking about.

Edited by chromehorn

Way too long, a 4 door wouldn't be a Bronco, and would be too long for serious off-roading..

I had it even longer at first, I shortened it because I was thinking about off-roading capability. That said, how many 4-door Wrangler owners do you expect to actually go off-roading?

A few quick things:

1st. You can not use the next F150 frame and solid axles. The frame will be made for IFS. Not to mention, it's too big, too wide, and too heavy for use in a Bronco the size of the concept.

2nd, 2 door full size SUV's do not sell these days. Thats why there are none offered.

There would defiantly not be different size Bronco's with all the other full size SUV's out there.

Of course for #3, the truck would have to have good rigidity for that removable top. But again, it should have the three key elements all Broncos had from '66-'96 (I'm not counting the Bronco II). I think Ford should offer two sizes. The Bronco should be based on the next F-150 with fully-boxed frame and have the old 60s retro styling, solid axles, locking diffs, etc. And then offer at the same time something like the Bronco Super Duty, obviously based on the new current Super Duty trucks with the aforementioned accessories, and it would look like the old 70s-96 'big boy' Broncos.

Customers will want car-like ride. Well then offer air springs, include lots of sound/noise-deadenings; luxury features like heated leather seats, HD radio, DVD navigation/players, fold-flat rear seat(s), etc.; suspension designed for on-road smoothness and for ultimate off-roading capability, etc. and etc.

GM has the Hummer brand and Chrysler/Cerebus has the Jeep and why would Ford want to sell of Land Rover? When LR gets sold, what vehicle will Ford market for the ultimate 4x4 category? Obviously the two Bronco models would do. And then load it up with customizable options! Some people might want to drive it as a grocery-getting vehicle while others want to go to Moab, Utah and compete with the Jeeps and Hummers.

Again, nice job on the shop there.

A few quick things:

1st. You can not use the next F150 frame and solid axles. The frame will be made for IFS. Not to mention, it's too big, too wide, and too heavy for use in a Bronco the size of the concept.

2nd, 2 door full size SUV's do not sell these days. Thats why there are none offered.

There would defiantly not be different size Bronco's with all the other full size SUV's out there.

I think his idea was to have the new Bronco be larger than the concept.

Way too long, a 4 door wouldn't be a Bronco, and would be too long for serious off-roading..

I somewhat agree, in that the lure of the Wrangler is the short wheel base for a highly capable trail truck. Where I disagree is that the 4 door Wrangler is selling well and that the 4 door version appeals to a broader market! (the minorty of the auto buying market ever go serious offroading) I have kids and despite the fact I would love to have owned a Wrangler when I was single I could not have afforded one. So now that I do have the money and kids also the occupancy limitations knock me out of the market! Then the 4 door Wrangler comes along, it does have a little long wheel base but is sugnificantly shorter (WB) than the Cherokee/Grand Cherokee! It is still very capable and if not for the fact that I work at Ford and that Chryslers lack dependability I would buy one!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I had it even longer at first, I shortened it because I was thinking about off-roading capability. That said, how many 4-door Wrangler owners do you expect to actually go off-roading?

I don't know, leave that up to them I guess, what does that have to do with the Bronco?

I don't know, leave that up to them I guess, what does that have to do with the Bronco?

It has everything to do wth a 4 door Bronco, since it'd be going after the same customers as Wrangler.

That said, if those customers don't go off-roading, it wouldn't matter how long the 4-door Bronco would be.

UH I dunno, why did Chrysler decide to give the Wrangler 4 doors? :banghead:

I'd assume to increase sales, but they already have a 2 door, Ford needs a Bronco first, then a few years down the road depending on how sales are they can decide to build a 4 door boulevard cruiser version for the yuppie crowd.