Bigfoot to become a toyota tundra........

ford1

How a Toyota can crush old car without crashing himself ? And imagine the reliability trouble ! :huh:

i dont think toyota makes a motor big enough nor do they have the capability. if this is true no more moster trucks for me. i have about stopped watching nascar cause of toyota. people just do not understand where all the money is going and whats its doing to this country and some of the great people at ford. the reason i say some is cause some of them buy toyotas and park them right in the lot and dont feel bad cause of it either. its a joke,

Monster Jam has really taken over the Monster truck shows, and Big Foot did not go with that group. More of a solo thing. Monster Jam which has all the hot wheels toys is sposnered by Ford. Probably a more bang for the buck. I have a 6 year old so we watch on tv (speed channell) all the time. Plus we have been twice in perosn. A really cool father son event, as mom has no interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Jam

bigfoot was at the event i went to for monster jam at kentucky speedway

No, because they officially sponsor the Blue Thunder truck and Ford is the most visible sponsor for the Monster Jam series.

This was just about Bigfoot.

Besides, monster trucks are a positive because kids are in awe of them. Kids get attached to a truck, and then it fosters strong images.

Be thankful Grave Digger and Max D are not recognizable modern-day trucks or people might get swayed toward Chevy or... Dodge I guess.

OK, I can see kids really liking the trucks. But I'm still not sold on the idea that those impressions will sway lotta sales, 5-10 yrs later, in Ford's direction, maybe some....

Anyone here ever buy a truck with monster truck images in your head at all?

I can see monster truck rallies having a "pony car wars" segment in the show (if space allowed). 'Stang vs Camaro vs pimped out civic :D

It's disappointing that Bigfoot will no longer be sponsored by Ford. Watching Bigfoot as a kid is one of the many reasons I'm hooked on Fords today and probably why I have an F150 4x4 today (Lord knows I don't need it). Bigfoot made Fords cool. No matter what Chevy or Dodge had, Ford had Bigfoot. But I guess, if sponsoring Bigfoot wasn't selling trucks anymore, then I guess something had to change. Besides, I bet Ford wasn't too keen on sharing space with Firestone after the whole Explorer fiasco.

Ford seems to be pretty proud of the "Blue Thunder" sponsorship:

header_int_sm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The funny part is that the new Toyota Bigfoot will be powered by a blown Big block, and not any motor produced by them. Kinda like the Solara T/F funny car.

I almost hate to say this but even Blue Thunder uses a Merlin engine which is a derivitive of a Cheby big-block. I sure hope they switch to the Boss 500 that John Force Racing is developing with Ford.

Check this website. Sad, sad...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Thunder_(truck)