Is this proof that the mkr is going into production?

Justdatdude

This is my first post on here but i was just wondering if anybody saw this on the ford auto show website where it briefly mentions the mkr.

http://autoshows.ford.com/182/2007/11/17/model-direction-lincoln/?view_page=2#comments

Hi Justdatdude. :D Your link is not working.

EDIT - I added .com to it and a link opened. Not sure if it is the right one though.

The MKR is not scheduled to be produced as of yet. I wish it was.

Good luck and Happy New Year! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Justdatdude. :D Your link is not working.

EDIT - I added .com to it and a link opened. Not sure if it is the right one though.

The MKR is not scheduled to be produced as of yet. I wish it was.

Good luck and Happy New Year! :beerchug:

If it would have worked it would have said something about the mkr being anticipated so I was thinking that it was a hint at things to come. Thanks you too

No I'm talking about this specific part

Lincoln announced the debut of the MKS full-size sedan at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The car’s clean, understated design continues a new direction at Lincoln, expressed in both the recently launched MKZ and the highly anticipated MKR.

I would think if it wasn't coming it would not be anticipated I was thinking they were hinting at it.

MKR will be built... kind of.

One of the things Alan Mullally wants to do is give Lincoln a proper RWD sports sedan again, and the MKR is almost definitely going to be part of the global RWD program approved in July. Currently, the only definite cars in the program are the Falcon, Mustang, and CV/GM/TC replacements.

It's going to be essentially a direct replacement for the Lincoln LS, splitting the difference between the MKZ and MKS in size. Styling will probably mostly carry over, as this will directly compete with the very bold Cadillac CTS. V6 and V6 Turbo is given... if V8s are still relevant, one may find its way under the hood.

MKR will be built... kind of.

One of the things Alan Mullally wants to do is give Lincoln a proper RWD sports sedan again, and the MKR is almost definitely going to be part of the global RWD program approved in July. Currently, the only definite cars in the program are the Falcon, Mustang, and CV/GM/TC replacements.

It's going to be essentially a direct replacement for the Lincoln LS, splitting the difference between the MKZ and MKS in size. Styling will probably mostly carry over, as this will directly compete with the very bold Cadillac CTS. V6 and V6 Turbo is given... if V8s are still relevant, one may find its way under the hood.

I can't wait to see it. Lincoln needs a new product like this to bring excitement to the brand.