VIDEO: Explorer America

I hope this is not another tease! The body styling is spot on, but that interior will never make it to market! (compass, OMG) There are much smaller digital compasses, and it doesn't even look comfortable. Did anyone notice the absence of side mirrors? They must have outfitted it with camera's!

If you really paid attention to the video you would see that it was not simply compass. It showed digital 3D terrain around the vehicle. Cool, but of course it will not be in production.

If you really paid attention to the video you would see that it was not simply compass. It showed digital 3D terrain around the vehicle. Cool, but of course it will not be in production.

So, don't tell me you really believe it would be intergrated into a production model? Also every concept I have seen of Fords as of late that had the futuristic interior has been shelved (the Interceptor, the SYN, ect., ect., ect., The body lines I could see being used if Ford had a good fuel efficiant drivetrain to move it but the interior will never happen if the prodject isn't scrapped all together. I bet that vehicle doesn't even have a powertrain, it looks like a clay model for show just like the SYN!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I noticed the guy was hung up on saying "It's not aggressive but still tuff." Is there something wrong with aggressive? Have you all gotten so whimpified that even the mention of the world "aggressive" is somehow wrong? Or maybe he ment that since it's going to get motored along by some whimpy ass motor it's not aggressive. lol

On the plus side it does at least look far better than that ugly Flex. Given that, Ford probably won't build it.

I noticed the guy was hung up on saying "It's not aggressive but still tuff." Is there something wrong with aggressive? Have you all gotten so whimpified that even the mention of the world "aggressive" is somehow wrong? Or maybe he ment that since it's going to get motored along by some whimpy ass motor it's not aggressive. lol

BON is the home of the FWD girly men.. :hysterical:

On the plus side it does at least look far better than that ugly Flex. Given that, Ford probably won't build it.

Disagree, I think the Flex looks great, and this thing just looks the typical far-from-production concept..

So, don't tell me you really believe it would be intergrated into a production model? Also every concept I have seen of Fords as of late that had the futuristic interior has been shelved (the Interceptor, the SYN, ect., ect., ect., The body lines I could see being used if Ford had a good fuel efficiant drivetrain to move it but the interior will never happen if the prodject isn't scrapped all together. I bet that vehicle doesn't even have a powertrain, it looks like a clay model for show just like the SYN!

I said that it wouldn't make production. My point was that its not simply a compass, but a superior off road navigation system.

BON is the home of the FWD girly men.. :hysterical:

Disagree, I think the Flex looks great, and this thing just looks the typical far-from-production concept..

think away the obvious stuff- led headlamps, led tail lights, no-b pillar, sliding rear doors, no side mirrors, giant hood scoop, and 25" wheels and you have the 2010 Explorer - the sheet metal on that thing is 80-90% production ready, just dressed up with concept fluff mentioned above. Interior is 80% pure fluff.

Igor

think away the obvious stuff- led headlamps, led tail lights, no-b pillar, sliding rear doors, no side mirrors, giant hood scoop, and 25" wheels and you have the 2010 Explorer - the sheet metal on that thing is 80-90% production ready, just dressed up with concept fluff mentioned above. Interior is 80% pure fluff.

Igor

Yea but the grill and bumpers look all weird and stuff, the rest of it looks pretty bland and production ready, you're right, now if only they followed the Territory and made it RWD.

Yea but the grill and bumpers look all weird and stuff, the rest of it looks pretty bland and production ready, you're right, now if only they followed the Territory and made it RWD.

We can hope ;) - I would not hold my breath though Ford NA is very happy with the D3 and D32, and most indications point to that underpinning the Explorer.

I like the lines of the "hard" body - the bumpers and such are fluff - with decent looking production replacements, this will be very handsome and attractive -look at Edge - besides the nose and proportions - it is bland on wheels - yet people are eating it up - it is daring enough for them.

Igor

Igor

and thus over HALF of the interesting stuff gets NIXED....as much as i enjoy concepts their whole MO is annoying......lets start making them WITHOUT trick un-producable headlights and tack ons...FALSE ADVERTISING!

I said that it wouldn't make production. My point was that its not simply a compass, but a superior off road navigation system.

From where I sit it looked like a piece of Hemisphereical shaped acrylic with a compass rose and topography map laser etched into it. I didn't see the land formation or compass even move! "All show and no go" it's a pretty piece of plastic with someone telling you it is a compass!

Edited by Furious1Auto

from where I sit it looked like a piece of Hemisphereical shaped acrylic with a compass rose and topography map laser etched into it. I didn't se the land formation or compass even move! "All show and no go" it's a pretty piece of plastic with someone telling you it is a compass!

Of course it isn't like it would really be because its a concept.