Buyouts 70K for 30 and out

CSMJ

Well, you are very welcome. I hope that you have a very happy and successful retirement at age 50, eventhough the indicators of the last few years show that you won't. An article in the local newspaper reaffirms my feelings of my future retirement. It stated how Ohio is going to have a big problem starting around 2012 when more of the populace will be turning 65. It detailed the areas of concern and ended with a quote from some official that 'things would not be too bad if we could convince people to work longer.' I'm all for that.

Are you truly an electrician? Almost all electricians I've known, past and present, are usually decent. In fact, I can't think of a one of them that would degrade themselves by calling names the first time they reply to a post. I spose there are exceptions to every stereotype.

no not calling you names, you have the right to work as long as you want and to retire when you want, just trying to add a little humor to this thread.

i see your from batavia, how long is that place gonna be open? we have some machines that came in with batavia markings and more is suppose to be on the way, whats going on there? i am at sterling axle.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hired in at NAP on 11/07/78, then got laid off on 11/21/80. then went almost 4years till i got picked up 06/84 by the Prefential Placement Plan and was picked up by AAP, was at AAP till 08/87.then got transfered back to NAP and then with all the overtime i have worked they [FORD] told me i could retire in 09/2008, so here i sit on the PRLP bidding my time till then.

If you hired in 11/07/1978 and worked until 11/21/1980 and then was NOT called back until 06/1984 that means you were laid off longer than you worked so you should of had a BREAK in seniorty !!!!! :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

Someone must have gotten to Level and told him to stop the flow of info. He's probably busy but it doesn't take much time to drop a dime.

With that said my GUESS is that they will make a company wide announcement by the end of Jan or mid Feb with a 30 day irrevocable decision made by at the very most the end of April and the first of May being the blast off date.

If you hired in 11/07/1978 and worked until 11/21/1980 and then was NOT called back until 06/1984 that means you were laid off longer than you worked so you should of had a BREAK in seniorty !!!!! :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

No Break in service can't explain it, Had a freind get laid off the same night as me and not get called back till sometime in 86 and no break in service for him either, he has all his time back too.

BUT...future contracts added increase in % credits based on sen. at time of layoff in the '80's. I was laid off from Rouge in '81 and called back in '87. With each successive local contract in '84..'87... they extended the recall rights of any who had recall rights as of that said contract. So I lost no seniority but fell behind in service credits. In contracts in the '90's and later, increased credits for time laidoff during the '80's allowed me to catch up on credits and today my pension credits match my seniority.

Hard-Drivin' Man' if you find anything out let me know because I'm in the boat as you.

I'm sitting here staring at the screen, and trying to comprehend it all. I'm so tired from another day on the chain gang that I barely have enough energy to copy and paste this info. Let's put our heads together and try to figure out what went wrong. Aside from the fact that back in 1978 we made the regrettable decision to become autoworkers. It would be funny if it wasn't so sick. Anyhoodles, yes, let's take another stab at regaining our seniority. I would imagine that you've talked to some of the same people as me, and that you've been to the same meetings as well. Like our good friend Linus once said, and I'm paraphrasing here;-) I'm not asking for more than my share. I just want what I've got coming. HA! HA! HA! Yes, you've got to laugh to keep from crying... See you on the F-150 final assembly line Hoagy. Maybe we can share a few laughs.

Just a note to everyone else: We've been around long enough to know not to take any of this too seriously. It simply doesn't do any good. We've got great paying jobs, with super benefits, and a great bunch of great co-workers. Wait, strike that last part about the co-workers, but it's still a great deal. Plus, we've got some great products coming out this year and next, that I'm very proud of, BUT, really, I could have done WITHOUT the 9 year hiatus. Show me some love FoMoCo. :shades:

Late.

HDM

Yep, those whom had 30+ and were just waiting to go... did go. The 35K was what they felt was a little enough bonus to go ahead and scat. But, as I said, the hardcore of us are what remains and it's doubtful we'll go unless Ford gives a serious incentive. At least that is the general tone of conversations I hear. Sure, there are a few that will take the 35K - 70K, but highly unlikley will 70% go.

Yep, Ford likes to make us think that we are only working for $10 an hour but I only know the old math. Last year, I made 122K. If I retired, I would have made 36K on pension. So, by working, I made 86K more than if I was retired and drawing full pension. I don't know about you, but I think it comes to a bit more than $10 an hour. Now, if I did go ahead and retire... I doubt that I would make 86K in any other job, what with what real world jobs are paying any more. I seriously doubt I could start a new job with 5 weeks vacation and all the holidays and other bennies we now enjoy... unless, of course, that job was some government work somewhere.

I would say try to show a little more TACT, with the majority of people on this board having multiple down weeks and some without a home plant now waiting for recall, your boasting of what you make does not go over so good :finger: ....we have your type in our plant too and they usually drop :rip: within 6 months of retiring, Good luck

no not calling you names, you have the right to work as long as you want and to retire when you want, just trying to add a little humor to this thread.

i see your from batavia, how long is that place gonna be open? we have some machines that came in with batavia markings and more is suppose to be on the way, whats going on there? i am at sterling axle.

Last I heard, Batavia is slated to stop the assembly line in June. Some machining areas will continue building service parts a few months after. The machines you see coming into your plant are most likely from the failed CVT venture with ZF. That area of the plant is fenced off from the rest of the plant while that area is slowly being dis-assembled and machines sold to other facilities. As with any plant 'idleing' or closing, there are rampant rumors and many whom hold some measure of hope the plant will remain open. The few other things I've heard that seem to hold some semblance of reality is that we at Batavia will be given three choices at closure. Transfer to Sharonville, (35 miles away), Take a buyout or take a layoff. Having talked with our Chairman, Mike Warren, recently... he did say that he is trying to get it where some people will remain at Batavia to do plant idle maintenance. He hoped it could be about 100 to 150 people.

I believe that the Ford strategy is to rid itself of most all NA operations except for a few assembly and parts depot areas. From a business point of view, I feel it is a no-brainer to outsource and move operations to a more favorable climate where business is encouraged instead of the situations prevelant in the US. If one were to research in depth, they would come to the same conclusion. Can you honestly blame Ford for the actions they must take? In this downward slide Ford is entering, and the country as a whole, there will be many casualties left by the wayside. Those whom can run a troutline will survive.

I would say try to show a little more TACT, with the majority of people on this board having multiple down weeks and some without a home plant now waiting for recall, your boasting of what you make does not go over so good :finger: ....we have your type in our plant too and they usually drop :rip: within 6 months of retiring, Good luck

Hmmm... if you were to have read a bit more, you'd have seen that my reply to Twincam was to help quell that rumor that "someone" began long ago. The rumor is that "you are only working for $10 an hour if you are eligible for full pension". The "someone" who put that rumor out there was Ford Motor. They even put it into the pre-retirement video they pass out to you just before you hit your 30 year mark. In the video, Ford presents a scenario of where you are working 40 hour weeks and throw in a few other items that does indeed make it look like you are working for $10 an hour. The problem with the scenario is that it has little to no basis in reality.

If you took it as boasting, then I feel sorry for your shortsightedness. Boasting was clearly not the intent. While I do empathize for my fellow union brothers and sisters, I also see the present scenarios they face as opportunities to be explored. That was my outlook at the six layoffs I have enjoyed, many of them for numerous years. The four different plants I have worked thru-out my time at Ford have tested me and my abilities. I believe it has made me stronger and able to take any scenario Ford throws at me, with confidence.

Although I feel you couldn't support your last statement with facts, I believe it just adds credence to a position of NEVER wanting to retire. Is that really the scenario you wish to impose on those of 30+ years? Will you remember and solemnize this "fact" when you get your 30? If so, then I feel that perhaps you are in need of the "Good Luck" you espouse.

Last I heard, Batavia is slated to stop the assembly line in June. Some machining areas will continue building service parts a few months after. The machines you see coming into your plant are most likely from the failed CVT venture with ZF. That area of the plant is fenced off from the rest of the plant while that area is slowly being dis-assembled and machines sold to other facilities.

we have a cnc machine made by Keller or heller, that is installed by our case machining lines, and we are suppose to get 2 furnaces from batavia. what do you know about these furnaces. good, or junk? we are also losing alot of work and so far nothing in the future, but they have tons of updates to machines and the plant for this year, so maybe we will be here for awhile. can't see why the would put perfume on a pig just to kill it, so hoping something big is coming here.

we have a cnc machine made by Keller or heller, that is installed by our case machining lines, and we are suppose to get 2 furnaces from batavia. what do you know about these furnaces. good, or junk? we are also losing alot of work and so far nothing in the future, but they have tons of updates to machines and the plant for this year, so maybe we will be here for awhile. can't see why the would put perfume on a pig just to kill it, so hoping something big is coming here.

By furnaces, do you mean heat treat type or whole plant heat? When they were building CVT, they did expand the heat treat area hugely. So, I could assume that those furnaces are now on the auction block. If those are the type you speak of, they should be in pretty good shape since they were bought brand new for CVT. The wear they have should be little more than the breaking in from a 2-3 year period.

Ford does a lot of the 'perfume on a pig' type of thing. You have to remember how Ford operates. They are highly compartmentalized with sometimes no communication between departments and sometimes ill oversight of the overall operations. For example, I remember the time when we got 11 new forklifts for our night shift. Three weeks later they laid-off the entire night shift. This happened at my 'base' plant which I haven't been inside of since 1980. I hope that you are right and only the positive happens to your plant. I would add that in the times we now live, one should be of an awareness that things could go bad, and plan accordingly.

Hey Waldfk...what is the date on this post??? :finger::finger:

Hey Stupid (Sorry thats your line !)....I Never said anything about your posting about this 50k/70k thing !! Man where did you read that ?? All that about deleting posts goes back to shortly after you started posting on here.Like Nov. but dont quote me now .LOL. Short memory huh ?? Anyway we heard about the 50/70 and such Weds morning at SRP. Yes b-4 the bbbbbig conference call. And the point ? Whatever. There is none..............

Hey Stupid (Sorry thats your line !)....I Never said anything about your posting about this 50k/70k thing !! Man where did you read that ?? All that about deleting posts goes back to shortly after you started posting on here.Like Nov. but dont quote me now .LOL. Short memory huh ?? Anyway we heard about the 50/70 and such Weds morning at SRP. Yes b-4 the bbbbbig conference call. And the point ? Whatever. There is none..............

Whoa....yeah I am admitting that your post is dated 1-21-08. Two days ago, but as I said, I was never even talkin about that post . LOL. Save some of that beer for another day....

S. O. B. NO 50 & 10 , it's now 55 & 10 :

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID.../801240395/1014

Now, the production workers will be offered an early-retirement lump sum of $50,000, while skilled workers will be offered $70,000, the official said, .........

• Under a special termination-of-employment program, retirement-eligible workers who volunteer to leave the company and forgo all benefits except accrued pension can receive a $140,000 buyout.

• For workers who have at least one year of employment with Ford, the special termination program calls for a payout of $100,000, with the worker forgoing all benefits except accrued pension.

• Under an educational opportunity program, workers with one year of service are eligible to receive up to $15,000 in college tuition for up to four years. Workers who take part in this program can receive medical benefits and half of their regular pay while enrolled in school.

• Workers also could opt to set aside $100,000 in a family scholarship program to be used for an educational program for spouses, children or grandchildren.

• Workers 55 and older who have 30 or more years of service are eligible to receive a $35,000 check and begin retirement immediately with full benefits.

Workers 55 and older with 10 or more years of service will be provided a fixed level of income for life, which varies according to each employee's service with the company.

• Workers with at least 28 years of service are eligible to take a leave for two years until they reach 30 years of service, when they can retire as normal. During their leave, the workers will receive 85% of their pay.

S. O. B. NO 50 & 10 , it's now 55 & 10 :

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID.../801240395/1014

Now, the production workers will be offered an early-retirement lump sum of $50,000, while skilled workers will be offered $70,000, the official said, .........

• Under a special termination-of-employment program, retirement-eligible workers who volunteer to leave the company and forgo all benefits except accrued pension can receive a $140,000 buyout.

• For workers who have at least one year of employment with Ford, the special termination program calls for a payout of $100,000, with the worker forgoing all benefits except accrued pension.

• Under an educational opportunity program, workers with one year of service are eligible to receive up to $15,000 in college tuition for up to four years. Workers who take part in this program can receive medical benefits and half of their regular pay while enrolled in school.

• Workers also could opt to set aside $100,000 in a family scholarship program to be used for an educational program for spouses, children or grandchildren.

• Workers 55 and older who have 30 or more years of service are eligible to receive a $35,000 check and begin retirement immediately with full benefits.

Workers 55 and older with 10 or more years of service will be provided a fixed level of income for life, which varies according to each employee's service with the company.

• Workers with at least 28 years of service are eligible to take a leave for two years until they reach 30 years of service, when they can retire as normal. During their leave, the workers will receive 85% of their pay.

FYI Local 1111

Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers. I would check again on the availability of the 50 & 10 with your Chairman. :shades: