romeo local contract

They are trying to pit Tulsa and Nashville against each other in our negotiations.

That is always their tactic.

All it takes is for the Chairmen to pick up a phone and call eachother....the Company never banks on that. They are banking on the fact that they will not communicate. That is the only way they can effectively whipsaw.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are trying to pit Tulsa and Nashville against each other in our negotiations.

yeah, what a shocker...here is one way of looking at that also...we are just as guilty..we (in the past) have ......pitted GM against Ford and Chrysler and vice versa in contract negotiations....so, we as a union have done it too..."pattern negotiating" which we have benifited from so greatly, is another form of whipsawing from the companies prospective for sure..not that I agree with that thoery but some believe that it is.

but this is how i look at it all...without the UAW what would they give us? Thats why I stick up for the union..because I can see thru the bullshit every now and then...

I wish your committe luck with the negotiations..

Hey spankme girl....don't you over in Dearborn make the difference up on the weekend?? Don't you have bumping from area to area once per year?

Spankme girl?!?! Anyway, no we can't. That was our biggest complaint. We were fine with the idea of working in your own area during production but we can't work out of the area at anytime (unless it is turned down by everyone that works in the area regularly). The original agreement said it was only during production but our union representatives let them change it. In fact, the union tried to make the company put something in the agreement about a limit on OT hour spreads but the comany said no. So even if everyone on days turns down OT on Sat. they will work the other 2 shifts in that area 12's instead of bringing over the people to their area.

Yes, we can bump once a year but like I said, if you don't have the seniority to bump to the OT area you will be where you are put forever. This also means that people who may have retired will not because they will be making all the money. We are not happy campers over here.

Yes remember the leadership that twice saved the Dearborn engine plant which was on the closure list for the accelerated way forward plan which was stopped by the COA passing in September '06.

And again saved and rewarded with a 80 million dollar investment stated in the new contract.

You can not be that ignorant and keep your head in the sand and pretend everything is OK around us while the Asians are eating our lunch.

Is area overtime is all you had to do to save the plant and get product?

I think you ask anyone from any closed Ford or ACH plant if they would go to area overtime to save thier plant the answer would be 100% yes.

You asked I answered...no need to be rude. P.S. We were never on the closure list...Frame plant was. I never said everything is OK...there are better ways to handle things than the way they are doing it. As I said before, we have had many ideas...none implemented at our plant. People working in different areas is not the cause of this buildings problems. It's buying programs that none of the trades are familiar with (Ever heard of STEPS...probably not) and having zero training. All they need to do is give us all basic training on these machines.We are industrial electricians...we are capable of working in any area in this plant with the right training. The problems in this plant are caused from poor management...not poor skilled trades...we shouldn't be punished.`

All it takes is for the Chairmen to pick up a phone and call eachother....the Company never banks on that. They are banking on the fact that they will not communicate. That is the only way they can effectively whipsaw.

You should have seen the looks on I-uaw reps when are local reps(Tulsa) show up at our contract informational meeting with the Monroe Contract. Thanks Dark271. They were surprised.

No it's members like you who put in the next flavor every term and the company beats all of us on the floor up because the "new leadership" team that got elected dont know squat....you don't like a decision, so you vote out the team you elected?....sounds like rookie politics 101....whereswaldo.....I maybe a union hack...but I am trying.....your not even a hack...your just another ass(*&^ trying to disrupt everything, because your mad...hey I'm mad too....but I'm not out to cut my nose off to spite my face...or any of my friends on the floor either....thank the lord people ignore people like you on the floor...I feel sorry for the membership in which you are a part of....

No mad here bud. And Its not members like us who vote out people over frivolous matters. Its when they arrange multiple "oral" agreements with mangaement behind closed doors. Its when they agree with management to outsource ALL MPL as part of a local contract , but I-UAW has to come in and say STOP !! Hell, you or SAP723 or the like even stated the reasons why local contracts are being held up. I-UAW is leaning for a reason. Your attitude on elections suggest you might prefer local leaders be appointed rather than elected. This forum obviously is getting loaded up with "hacks" that just want to beat down any discussion that doesnt fully support your views.

No mad here bud. And Its not members like us who vote out people over frivolous matters. Its when they arrange multiple "oral" agreements with mangaement behind closed doors. Its when they agree with management to outsource ALL MPL as part of a local contract , but I-UAW has to come in and say STOP !! Hell, you or SAP723 or the like even stated the reasons why local contracts are being held up. I-UAW is leaning for a reason. Your attitude on elections suggest you might prefer local leaders be appointed rather than elected. This forum obviously is getting loaded up with "hacks" that just want to beat down any discussion that doesnt fully support your views.

No waldo..I half agree with you on some points...You may be right, I belive in some stability in our Union...because without that, the company would take further advantage of us..I am not saying the UAW is perfect...by any stretch...or any of the members we elect to office are perfect....but neither are we who elect them..

All I am saying is it's dangerous to throw people out over chicken shit issues. Not that the issues your brought up are necessarly chicken shit. But some people do have chicken shit issues and want to throw everyone out. I-UAW stopped that stuff in every plant, ask VanDyke...does that mean every UAW chairman sucks???? Hardley..

thats my point..

Contracts are being held up so Local leaders can calibrate with each other...to try to prevent further whip sawing.

No chairman wants to bring back to his membership a bad agreement...or give up more than the next local.

I mean these people are human too...they want to be accepted as good leaders.... you don't belive that is enough incentive for anyone to try to do a good job? or do you think these people dont mind being hated?

When they ran, they obviously felt they could make a diffrence.

Bad times drop and these guys are all shit...

I just don't buy it.

I understand the critisizim and some is deserving. Just so many people beat up the UAW here, its nice to have a counter point also..debate is good. I did not mean to beat anyone down...I apologize if I did that.

Edited by wakeup

I work production at Lima Engine Plant and thank god our last contact didn't pass and it wasn't because our local union or international holding anything up it was because our membership was smart enough not to have the old wool pulled over our eyes!! We voted it down.!!

I work production at Lima Engine Plant and thank god our last contact didn't pass and it wasn't because our local union or international holding anything up it was because our membership was smart enough not to have the old wool pulled over our eyes!! We voted it down.!!

I can understand that for sure. Just, what is the next step? Did you guys already get that job from Mexico?

after you voted it down? thats what I am trying to figure out.

You asked I answered...no need to be rude. P.S. We were never on the closure list...Frame plant was. I never said everything is OK...there are better ways to handle things than the way they are doing it. As I said before, we have had many ideas...none implemented at our plant. People working in different areas is not the cause of this buildings problems. It's buying programs that none of the trades are familiar with (Ever heard of STEPS...probably not) and having zero training. All they need to do is give us all basic training on these machines.We are industrial electricians...we are capable of working in any area in this plant with the right training. The problems in this plant are caused from poor management...not poor skilled trades...we shouldn't be punished.`

Sorry Sparky if I offended you. No harm meant. I was not calling you ignorant personally but you are ignoring the world and issues around you and your plant.

Fact #1

Your plant was on the closure list and your Local was proactive in agreeing to the 2006 COA to keep your plant and the Rouge site viable. You can have your opinion and that’s fine.

Fact #2

Mexico and Valencia, Spain both make the same I-4 Engine DEP makes. But both locations manufacture these same engines at a much lower cost. So either you change the process to get your HPUs lower or take a pay cut or close the plant. I think your local made the right choice.

Fact #3

The site COA agreement with your plant specifically agreed to IMTs (skilled performing production and production performing skilled tasks) and area overtime. Your Union fought back with the help of the International and your union stopped the IMTs. But area overtime remains. If you look at 3 evils, 1) area overtime 2) IMTs and 3) plant closure, I think you can agree your plant is fortunate to just have to do area overtime.

Hope this helps…..

Sorry Sparky if I offended you. No harm meant. I was not calling you ignorant personally but you are ignoring the world and issues around you and your plant.

Fact #1

Your plant was on the closure list and your Local was proactive in agreeing to the 2006 COA to keep your plant and the Rouge site viable. You can have your opinion and that's fine.

Fact #2

Mexico and Valencia, Spain both make the same I-4 Engine DEP makes. But both locations manufacture these same engines at a much lower cost. So either you change the process to get your HPUs lower or take a pay cut or close the plant. I think your local made the right choice.

Fact #3

The site COA agreement with your plant specifically agreed to IMTs (skilled performing production and production performing skilled tasks) and area overtime. Your Union fought back with the help of the International and your union stopped the IMTs. But area overtime remains. If you look at 3 evils, 1) area overtime 2) IMTs and 3) plant closure, I think you can agree your plant is fortunate to just have to do area overtime.

Hope this helps…..

Ah, now I see the picture, good post. Thanks Westside. This is about area overtime. Yep that will ruffle a few feathers...we dont worry about overtime at Sterling anymore :banghead: I hope it all works out for us in the end.

Ah, now I see the picture, good post. Thanks Westside. This is about area overtime. Yep that will ruffle a few feathers...we dont worry about overtime at Sterling anymore :banghead: I hope it all works out for us in the end.

Not to mention the $80 million investment gained in the National agreement because of the actions of the union............

I can understand that for sure. Just, what is the next step? Did you guys already get that job from Mexico?

after you voted it down? thats what I am trying to figure out.

From what we understand is that all the chairmen from the locals are talking about this IMT program together so they can all do it the same. Whether that is true we don't know for sure. We don't know about any job from Mexico. Then we guess we will revote.

...all the chairmen from the locals are talking ...

I like this idea. I wished all the chairmen from the ACH locals would have gotten together when Ford formed the ACH's and put together an acceptable IPS contract that we all could live with.

I did a little math last night. (my brain still hurts). There are around 29,000 members listed on this site. Isn't there about 70,000 Ford employees left? We should get more people interested in this site. The numbers in each local are getting smaller and smaller. I hate that we don't use the internet to grow closer as a Union. I hope this forum grows so more employees can share their ideas and learn from others.

Edited by Bodhibkb

yea Ford likes to pit one plant against another....our Locals are on to them with this tho...the reason some of these local agreements are not complete is because locals are calibrating withone another so there is less whip sawing.

You said a key thing....no COA no new work....LIMA has alot of work there...so you wonder what is the better route....I still think I would rather have a plant and a IMT than no plant and no IMT...I guess...how many engine plants are there?...theres a few I think..

Yes Lima seems to have a lot of work, but according to Lep they don't have a local contract as of yet

yeah, what a shocker...here is one way of looking at that also...we are just as guilty..we (in the past) have ......pitted GM against Ford and Chrysler and vice versa in contract negotiations....so, we as a union have done it too..."pattern negotiating" which we have benifited from so greatly, is another form of whipsawing from the companies prospective for sure..not that I agree with that thoery but some believe that it is.

but this is how i look at it all...without the UAW what would they give us? Thats why I stick up for the union..because I can see thru the bullshit every now and then...

I wish your committe luck with the negotiations..

Thats a good point

From what we understand is that all the chairmen from the locals are talking about this IMT program together so they can all do it the same. Whether that is true we don't know for sure. We don't know about any job from Mexico. Then we guess we will revote.

LEP read between the lines bro...listen to what westside is saying. Sure sounds to me like a person who knows what they are talking about.

look at what Dearborn has just agreed to and see where we are all headed.

Area overtime.........vote against it and we are in a whipsawing mode again, where we all loose.

Again, Westside says it better than anyone on here.....3 evils....pick one.....area overtime is the easiest to take..

Fact #1

Your plant was on the closure list and your Local was proactive in agreeing to the 2006 COA to keep your plant and the Rouge site viable. You can have your opinion and that’s fine.

Fact #2

Fact #3

Hope this helps…..

Which plant is doing the area overtime and not the IMTs

LEP read between the lines bro...listen to what westside is saying. Sure sounds to me like a person who knows what they are talking about.

look at what Dearborn has just agreed to and see where we are all headed.

Area overtime.........vote against it and we are in a whipsawing mode again, where we all loose.

Again, Westside says it better than anyone on here.....3 evils....pick one.....area overtime is the easiest to take..

Area overtime ? We already do that. Our local went alot further then that with our proposed IMT program and we voted it down. Just area overtime wouldn't be so bad. But departmental seniority and not being able to exercise your seniority plant wide is one thing we didn't like.

Edited by lepskilledtrades

Area overtime ? We already do that. Our local went alot further then that with our proposed IMT program and we voted it down. Just area overtime wouldn't be so bad. But departmental seniority and not being able to exercise your seniority plant wide is one thing we didn't like.

Yea, the part you dont like ......thats the part that is the least of all evils.....it sounds like...to me.

Not sure what you would turn down if thats the case.. :reading:

Whats a 5 minute rule? Our trades at LEP don't get 5 minutes OFF the line!!! They run machines all day every day

By looking at the time you post your comments, you spend alot of time at work playing on Blue Oval News. I know it takes you longer than 5 minutes to type 60 words, I've watched you! Just kidding bud!!! Now you know who I am--BUD!!!