Detroit News Talks up the F-150

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... here is why I like the new truck.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-ford-f-150/577032/

That picture shows off the character lines really well. Ignore the light play in the image and you see lines that make it look lean and strong - think the muscles on guys who are very strong but aren't bulky - toned, efficient but powerful. The truck shows off a good image.

The new Dodge lacks any character that I can see. The Silverado's lines are haphazard. The Tundra's makes it look fat, frankly.

Balk all you want at the grille, but that new side profile is excellent.

head on the grille looks more appealing than it does from the dachsund's eye-view of some of those photos.

It seems more of a piece than it does from the low angle short focal length snaps.

Once again, Ford's press photography leaves much to be desired......

LIke someone else posted, I don't like the surround on the Platinum grille. The top edge is much too tall. As to the lower models' SD-like grilles, it looks like Ford just punched a huge hole in the front, then filled it with spare parts lying around.

I'm also not a fan of the SD "grille way up to the sky, headlights on the ground" look. It seems to be a cheap, quick imitation of the Ram look. This F-150 does it better, with the new-style headlights, but not by much.

And someone really REALLY needs to take away the designers' straightedges.

Of course, I'm not in the F-150's market, so my opinion isn't as relevant. I'm just looking at it from a styling perspective. I still think the pinnacle of Ford's truck styling was the late '70s version.

SUPER CHIEF!

09f150platinum_05_mr.jpg

The longer I look at this, the sweeeeter it gets.. the porportions look nice, The Edge style Lights go well. Perhaps aftermarket will copy the MKX grill cubes to strip in the lower black bottom. Then again, someone will want to go a chrome tube grill to this the day they get it. You know you want to be seen driving this.

Edited by Local1111

The longer I look at this, the sweeeeter it gets.. the porportions look nice, The Edge style Lights go well. Perhaps aftermarket will copy the MKX grill cubes to strip in the lower black bottom. Then again, someone will want to go a chrome tube grill to this the day they get it. You know you want to be seen driving this.

I agree. The more I see it, the more I like it.

I still like my 94 XL with the chrome package best of everything built since, well 1994!

The Olive green (XL) truck does have what appears to be a chrome bumper cover. Maybe I could slap some chrome tubes into that and paint the black surround satin stainless...and maybe the upper black on the bumper redo as body color! Maybe even an accent color along the bottom of the body flanks to give it some depth and chrome wheel opening trim for pop.

Edited by jonas1022