FORD'S "new" Nascar in 08

CSMJ

Will Fords knew Nascar will be the U.S. built Ford Falcon.

Ford will take the crown Vic and Taurus make a new car called the Falcon.Possibly built at Ford's knew plant.

This car should be built in the south.

I've seen articles speculating this and blowing it off but I think it's a win for ford.

The younger kids buy cars for the name and cars power. Ford Falcon is a good name for a sportscar.

Maybe they will be like Toyata and have 2 and 4 door models, and front and or rear wheel drive availale.

A cars name means alot I even heard that Toyota's pickup will have a sweat name but iIwon't reveal it in case it's not true.

Later

xx

NASCAR

Ford will take the crown Vic and Taurus make a new car called the Falcon.Possibly built at Ford's knew plant.

I've seen articles speculating this and blowing it off but I think it's a win for ford.

The younger kids buy cars for the name and cars power. Ford Falcon is a good name for a sportscar.

Maybe they will be like Toyata and have 2 and 4 door models, and front and or rear wheel drive availale.

A cars name means alot I even heard that Toyota's pickup will have a sweat name but iIwon't reveal it in case it's not true.

Later

xx

NASCAR

The Falcon is not axactly new, they were built here in the 1960s. 'Three on the tree' and a straight 6. Not a 'power' car bavck then.

Later

xx

NASCAR

Riii-iiight.

This is hucking filarious!

Ford still uses the Falcon name in Aussie land.

Kind of looks like a mustang and focus cramed together, but since it's not a mustang they don't have horsepower (260kW of power)

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/models/xr8sedan.asp

OverviewThe pinnacle of Falcon performance, the Falcon XR8 with its Boss 260 will make your heart race with the addition of a world class automatic transmission and incredible driving dynamics.

Key FeaturesFalcon XR6 features plus/or:

Boss 260 - 5.4L DOHC V8 4V engine260kW of power @ 5250rpm and 500Nm of torque @ 4000rpm16-speed manual transmissionDynamic Stability Control incorporating Traction Control functionalityLimited slip differentialPerformance brakes18" alloy wheels (set of four)Prestige audio system with LCD display screen and 6-disc in-dash CDOptional Features^ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports ShiftPremium audio system with 150 Watt amplifier & 150 Watt sub-wooferFord iDesign - XR luxury interior package

https://www.ford.com.au/motorshow/melbourne...consr/index.asp

The instant you spot the high arched spoiler and SR badging you know this Falcon is special. Topping the list of performance features is the 4-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift for complete manual control over gear selection. In automatic mode, the Adaptive Shift intuitively adopts a shift pattern to suit your individual driving style. Add to that, the 17†alloy wheels2, leather wrapped steering wheel and Sports Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension, one of the most advanced suspension systems on any Australian built car.

Driver and passenger safety also feature prominently with the inclusion of side airbags1 and a reverse sensing system. Unique SR sports trim, rear power windows and a six stack CD player complete the package. Choose the optional E-Gas engine and you will cut your fuel costs.

Built on the strengths of Falcon XT, whether you're looking for a vehicle that's engineered to excite or a car with a long list of safety features, nothing comes close to the new special edition Falcon SR.

Nothing drives like a Falcon

The Falcon is not axactly new, they were built here in the 1960s. 'Three on the tree' and a straight 6. Not a 'power' car bavck then.

Ask people fron 16-30 if ford sells a falcon 99% will say no.

It's not a knew name but it will be a new car and it will be different from the Australian Falcon because of U.S. rules on motors and car bodies. Plus it starts with a F like every Ford car except the crown vic and mustang. Look at the 427 concept car also.

xx

what is a "knew plant? toyota is gonna have a sweat name? what does that mean?

'

You got me I misspelled new. The flex plant Mr. Fields spoke of.

I do not like Toyota but you have to admit they market their cars better then ford does.

look at the small Scion SUV. It has optional boom box speakers,a flat panel plasma TV in the hatch,and alot of other options people 16-25 want, plus it's not expensive.

Ford has a concept like this but they never built it and Toyata does and it sells well and has little or no rebate. As far as the name I heard it will be named the Toyota--- look at the sports teams in Texas and figure it out.

later

Ask people fron 16-30 if ford sells a falcon 99% will say no.

It's not a knew name but it will be a new car and it will be different from the Australian Falcon because of U.S. rules on motors and car bodies. Plus it starts with a F like every Ford car except the crown vic and mustang. Look at the 427 concept car also.

xx

You got me I misspelled new. The flex plant Mr. Fields spoke of.

I do not like Toyota but you have to admit they market their cars better then ford does.

look at the small Scion SUV. It has optional boom box speakers,a flat panel plasma TV in the hatch,and alot of other options people 16-25 want, plus it's not expensive.

Ford has a concept like this but they never built it and Toyata does and it sells well and has little or no rebate. As far as the name I heard it will be named the Toyota--- look at the sports teams in Texas and figure it out.

later

the Toyota Cowboy?

the Toyota Oiler?

My favourite was you claim of the Falcon being available as a Front OR Rear wheel drive. Yep. Thats a checkmark box on the order form.

And the 16-25 market is a joke. Mitsubishi thought they were great and went after them. Guess what? They almost went bankrupt as a result. 16-25s have no money. When they buy new, they buy a crap box Hyundai or KIA, or heaven forbid a Cobalt. If they want nice, they buy used. Sorry. Thats just the way it is.