2010 Dodge Charger

Fords#1Fan

10charger2.jpg

10charger.jpg

I don't know about that rendering.

The front looks ok, but I don't think the crosshare in the lower grille works with the design.

The back, yuck. It doesn't work or flow at all.

The side, I don't like that fender vent/character line treatment.

Also, I agree with jonas1022, I dont think Chrysler needs to be worrying about a 2 door right now, with the exception of Challenger. It's a similar situation to Ford, they need to get the core business (sedans, CUVs, etc.) together, profitable, etc. before they think about producing sporty, low volume 2 door models (except for the icons, Challenger (since it's already done)/Mustang).

It's not like it would be that costly jonas.

You take this

Dodge-Challenger-Concept-12.jpg

rework the sheetmetal a little, do a couple of other little catchy things and call it a 2 door Charger.

And what would be the point of it? Especially with the retro styling similar to the Challegener.........I mean talk about the most blatant product overlap a brand could ever have.

And what would be the point of it? Especially with the retro styling similar to the Challegener.........I mean talk about the most blatant product overlap a brand could ever have.

That's true but as I recall in years past it was the same way with the Challenger and Charger with on being a slightly more upscale version. I think. Anyway, it could be that perhaps Chrysler is toying with the idea of keeping the Challenger as the high end, high performance only model and perhaps offering the 2 door charger with the V6 as a lower end model. Maybe, who really knows. All I was pointing out was that it could easily be done and wouldn't at all be that expensive for Chrysler to do. But it wouldn't make much sense.

That's true but as I recall in years past it was the same way with the Challenger and Charger with on being a slightly more upscale version. I think. Anyway, it could be that perhaps Chrysler is toying with the idea of keeping the Challenger as the high end, high performance only model and perhaps offering the 2 door charger with the V6 as a lower end model. Maybe, who really knows. All I was pointing out was that it could easily be done and wouldn't at all be that expensive for Chrysler to do. But it wouldn't make much sense.

I think if they were going to go for it, they shoud have it be a modern/futuristic design. Something to cater to a different group of people that wouldn't go for the retro muscle car styling of the Challenger.

It's not like it would be that costly jonas.

You take this

Dodge-Challenger-Concept-12.jpg

rework the sheetmetal a little, do a couple of other little catchy things and call it a 2 door Charger.

Chrysler is barely planning to sell any Challengers. Why have two low production 2 door cars? It is a shame the market for coupes had dried up. I remember back in the '70s i would never have thought of buying a 4 door car.

I do think the renderings are kind of cool looking. I have always liked the '68-'70 Chargers.

Let's just resolve to accept that the Charger is now a four door car and that the Challenger is more appropriate to be Dodge's coupe. Even in its heyday, the vintage Charger was so large, it was basically a sedan with just two doors anyway. I am anxious to see the next major redesign of the Charger, however,

By then, I think this VVT on the Hemis will have tempted even more police fleets to buy into them. I mean think about it. Plus, the fuel economy on the Ram is going up 4%. That means even more for the Charger, as well! And don't forget about Challenger. When the 5.7 debuts, its likely going to be quicker in the straights than the current version of the 4.6 3v Mustang GT.

The 1970 Challenger was somewhat smaller than the 1970 Charger, and the Challenger was quite big for a pony car. Old Chargers were big, approximately the size of a current Vic (and they were mid-sized - Polaras were even bigger!).

It looks like somebody (*) chopped the old '90s Charger concept and the new Challenger concept together.

(*) Possibly not Chryberus.

Yeah, the doors certainly look like they came off that concept.

The 1970 Challenger was somewhat smaller than the 1970 Charger, and the Challenger was quite big for a pony car. Old Chargers were big, approximately the size of a current Vic (and they were mid-sized - Polaras were even bigger!).

The Coronet/Charger and Belvedere/Road Runner/GTX were B bodies and the Challenger and Barracuda were E bodies, but the E body was as wide as a B body. You could get every engine in the Chrysler lineup into an E body engine bay.