Something new f150 rlly needs

ray101988

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I hate to risk the wrath of the previous poster, I have to say a hybrid truck or van makes sense in a urban environment where it would serve as some kind of light utility vehicle. Areas such as San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, etc. where there is so much traffic and stop and go driving, they might prove cost effective

Hey Ray,

How many times do you need to create this thread?

I was wondering the same thing.

Ive noticed that some people dont go to all the different sections. So i posted it in the 3 most relevant sections hoping to get more people to respond.

:P

So the answer is 3 lol

I understand why you're doing it though, I hate it when a thread gets a horrible response (quantity wise).

As much as I hate to risk the wrath of the previous poster, I have to say a hybrid truck or van makes sense in a urban environment where it would serve as some kind of light utility vehicle. Areas such as San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, etc. where there is so much traffic and stop and go driving, they might prove cost effective

I'd have to agree with you, sorry Waylon.

Well maybe it's different in Canada because the only major areas where traffic is really slow would be Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. And usually those areas have such a small percentage of the F-150 sales that it wouldn't be worth it. Althought I think if they made a hybrid version of the E-series van, that would be more suitable for urban areas, but for half-ton pick ups, I think it's a bad idea.

Hybrid trucks have an image problem to overcome. The stereotype of the Hybrids is a cutesy little Prius that wreaks of hemp, kinds like your art teacher in school. Tree huggers, hippies, metrosexuals, etc....they drive hybrids.

Texans with big belt buckles, rednecks, hillbillies, workin-men drive pickups. Owning a pickup has a certain image or machismo to go along with it. It just doesn't fit. Especially when we are looking at alternatives like diesel and EB. Just wanted to throw out another theory for everyone.

I'd have to agree with you, sorry Waylon.

I also agree that a hybrid is a good idea. I live in a township where were an hour from philly and 15-30 min from Atlantic City. A lot of the township is woods but there is a lot of construction going on. We have pretty bad traffic and a hybrid truck would make sense since were still in a pretty outdoorsy area.

I also agree that a hybrid is a good idea. I live in a township where were an hour from philly and 15-30 min from Atlantic City. A lot of the township is woods but there is a lot of construction going on. We have pretty bad traffic and a hybrid truck would make sense since were still in a pretty outdoorsy area.

I know we have quite a bit of stop and go traffic down here in South Florida, so in a big city type environment, I believe a hybrid truck could do well.

I know we have quite a bit of stop and go traffic down here in South Florida, so in a big city type environment, I believe a hybrid truck could do well.

Where I live, its not a city, but theres still a lot of traffic because people who work in the cities live there.

NEVER! Who fucking needs a hybrid truck?! For all those people in the city who go aorund hauling pig shit?! Wow, a hybrid truck is a terrible idea.

Hybrids in general area terrible idea unless you drive under 30MPH all the time.

If Ford were to make the rumored Hydruallic Hybrid than the truck would have the same or better towing capacity and get way better mpg. Better mpg while towing at low speeds is good, especially on work sites where you wont be going over 30 anyway.

Edited by ray101988

If Ford were to make the rumored Hydruallic Hybrid than the truck would have the same or better towing capacity and get way better mpg. Better mpg while towing at low speeds is good, especially on work sites where you wont be going over 30 anyway.

I doubt there would be the power from the electric motor that is needed to tow. If it was under load, it would most likely have to engage the gas engine.

I don't think there's a job site in the United States that's large enough to make that idea feasiable...

I doubt there would be the power from the electric motor that is needed to tow. If it was under load, it would most likely have to engage the gas engine.

The Hydruallic Hybrid ( HLA F150) would not use an electric engine. It would be a gas engine with a hydruallic system that saves energy while braking than uses that energy to move the truck. Hydruallic systems are supposed to have LARGE amounts of torque. It would be used to power the vehicle to 25-30 mph.

I don't think there's a job site in the United States that's large enough to make that idea feasiable...

What are you talking about? It wouldnt just be for job sites. And why would it need to be a large site? Think cities, suburbs, and any other place where youll be going under 25-30mph. And then think about how much gas you waste getting up to 25-30mph. Thats why it would be worth it.

The Hydruallic Hybrid ( HLA F150) would not use an electric engine. It would be a gas engine with a hydruallic system that saves energy while braking than uses that energy to move the truck. Hydruallic systems are supposed to have LARGE amounts of torque. It would be used to power the vehicle to 25-30 mph.

Oh, sorry, I thought we were talking about the two mode.