Top Ten Automotive Outrages of 2007

Catalepsy

Find me a police department that puts 200,000 or 300,000 miles on their cruisers before getting rid of them. The only ones who MIGHT even come close are the podunk towns in Hicksville...and those probably aren't run very hard at all.

After the Police put 100K on the car...it goes straight to taxi service. Which is just as hard on a car as police use.

Most police departments wont keep a Vic past 100 to 120 thousand miles. Even the small town ones won't because it's too easy to get a federal grant to replace them. In fact the small town patrol cars are often better equipped with shotgun racks and all kind of gadgets because they can get grants and they don't have to spread it over as many cars. Also I've noticed a trend towards the Charger patrol car in small town departments. But again, with respect to the Vic, you would be hard pressed to find one with over 120 thousand miles on it still in service. Maybe a couple over at the academy that they use to teach pursuit driving or something but that's about it.

I just changed the plugs on my Sable (#1 required that I sit on the intake and front cross member, but that's another story), and I want to know what mechanic cross-threads a spark plug? I mean what mechanic is so lazy that he uses a pneumatic wrench (or has the -room- to use a pneumatic wrench) so as to cross thread the plug without knowing what he's doing (or what mechanic just throws the ratchet on the plug and starts in on it). You -ALWAYS- hand start those things for =exactly= that reason. Same reason why you hand start lug nuts, the oil pan bolt, and anything else that you may need to take off your car again at some future point in time. And like the oil pan bolt and oil filter, you don't horse plugs in as tight as you can--again, you may need them to come off the engine again someday, and thanks to our old friend rust, the plugs will definitely be tighter than when you put them in.

Of course all that may be the reason why I didn't take my car to a mechanic in the first place.

I agree completely, but there are several lazy mechanics out there. I had a mechanic who didn't notice that he had partially unscrewed a cap on my radiator drain hose. I was drive home and suddenly I look out the back of my car and there's white smoke billowing out the back. I thought I had blown a head gasket, but my Sable was running to smoothly for that to be the case (unfortunately, I know how rough an engine runs when it blows one - we had a head gasket blow on our 89 Sable at 149k.)

Note the word Miami....as in Florida.

Note that it is filmed in SoCal.

CSI: Miami is filmed primarily in the United States. While location shots are filmed in the South Florida/Miami-Dade area, much of the footage is shot in the Los Angeles area due to cheaper production and studio costs. Beach and marina shots are usually filmed in Marina del Rey. The stylish exterior of police headquarters is the FAA Credit Union near LAX. Police lab interiors are filmed at a studio complex in nearby Manhattan Beach.

Panthers are so cliches, they're in like every cops movie. Hell I am sure you can see P71 if you look close enough in CSI Miami or something.

You also see them quiet a lot on the TV show COPS.

I don't think you can throw a rock anywhere in north america and not hit a panther. they are all over the place.

I guess thats what having an 80% market share will do for you. But the cheerleaders are right...lets give up that market. retard.gif

I don't think you can throw a rock anywhere in north america and not hit a panther. they are all over the place.

Same with F-150's....let's cancel those too!!

Probably because their geriatric owners are still running the original plugs all that time. :hysterical: Not like they drive them hard enough to notice the spark is half what it was when they bought it.

Here's another geriatric Crown Vic owner just going to church on Sundays and the grocery store:

The Car He couldn't wear out-2003 Crown Vic with 465K miles

Top Ten Automotive Outrages of 2007

The (finally, actually official) removal of the Crown Vic from U.S. retail sales should have been number one on that list....hmmph...

Same with F-150's....let's cancel those too!!

Here's another geriatric Crown Vic owner just going to church on Sundays and the grocery store:

The Car He couldn't wear out-2003 Crown Vic with 465K miles

The (finally, actually official) removal of the Crown Vic from U.S. retail sales should have been number one on that list....hmmph...

Well, at least you got the finally part right....