what would you do to GOD?

GBI

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't answer the question, sidestepper.

maybe i misunderstood your question.No i would'nt.(Leviticus20:13) .God would take care of that when their time comes.The bible tells us to obey the laws of our nation,and in our nation that would be murder.Also i realy shouldnt go to the old testament for scripture.Jesus gives us a new covenent.The new testament.

The beatitudes in Matthew 5:1-48 paying special attention to 17-20,explains this.

maybe i misunderstood your question.No i would'nt.(Leviticus20:13) .God would take care of that when their time comes.The bible tells us to obey the laws of our nation,and in our nation that would be murder.Also i realy shouldnt go to the old testament for scripture.Jesus gives us a new covenent.The new testament.

The beatitudes in Matthew 5:1-48 paying special attention to 17-20,explains this.

About time!

Leviticus 20:13 is one of your god's commandments to you, a Christian. If you don't do what that verse commands, you're not a true Xtian.

Also, your entire religion (Judaism and Islam, too BTW) is based on the old testament. Your "bible" isn't a Chinese menu; you can't pick-out what you like and ignore the rest.

You have to follow ALL of it, or you're not a "christian."

About time!

Leviticus 20:13 is one of your god's commandments to you, a Christian. If you don't do what that verse commands, you're not a true Xtian.

Also, your entire religion (Judaism and Islam, too BTW) is based on the old testament. Your "bible" isn't a Chinese menu; you can't pick-out what you like and ignore the rest.

You have to follow ALL of it, or you're not a "christian."

You have to follow everything that Hillary or Al says or you are not a Liberal.

Yes, when the priest opens the Bible, all of the pages are there. He does not say that some of it is bull. It is all supposedly the Word of his God. If there is one iota that you do not believe, then you are not a true Christian; but you are still allowed into the church and they will not refuse to take your money. There is no rule in the church which restricts the manner in which they can obtain money. They have a saying: "We will accept money from the Devil to do the work of the Lord." If you want to hear them squeal, talk about taxing them. Money is their idol.

Edited by Trimdingman

You have to follow everything that Hillary or Al says or you are not a Liberal.

Yes, when the priest opens the Bible, all of the pages are there. He does not say that some of it is bull. It is all supposedly the Word of his God. If there is one iota that you do not believe, then you are not a true Christian; but you are still allowed into the church and they will not refuse to take your money. There is no rule in the church which restricts the manner in which they can obtain money. They have a saying: "We will accept money from the Devil to do the work of the Lord." If you want to hear them squeal, talk about taxing them. Money is their idol.

:boring: :boring: :boring:

Have you ever heard of a man dying twice?

After you die, judgement does come. You are judged by how many friends show up at your funeral.

If for 1 second you believe there is a supreme being keeping tabs on your life then I pitty you for living in fear.

If there is a Supreme being then why isnt he concerned with innocent children dying, born deformed and not haveing a chance for any sort of normal life.

Congradulations: You couldnt have chosen a more cruel idol to follow.

As usual, the underlying element in all these types of arguments is that we have to understand everything that happens in this world. If bad things happen, there is no God.

Try to look at humanity from a different point of view. One without you in the center.

I have to understand. It has to make sense to me. Man is so smart, if we don't understand something, then it's not true. I am so afraid to be made a fool of, I can't believe in something I don't understand.

We are all just a minor players in a larger plan.

Again, fear and love are synonymous. I love God and fear God. No shame in that.

If our world is ourselves, of course there's no room for God.

As usual, the underlying element in all these types of arguments is that we have to understand everything that happens in this world. If bad things happen, there is no God.

Try to look at humanity from a different point of view. One without you in the center.

I have to understand. It has to make sense to me. Man is so smart, if we don't understand something, then it's not true. I am so afraid to be made a fool of, I can't believe in something I don't understand.

God gives all of us a chance for eternal life. How Great Thou Art!

1) "...we have to understand everything that happens..." Says who? I, for one, love learning, but I don't have to "understand everything."

"If bad things happen, there is no god." What's "bad?" Who gets to decide what's 'bad' and what's 'good?' What's 'god?'

2) "...fear and love are synonymous." Who made that up? You? I 'love (a nebulous word, fer sure)' my family & friends; I don't 'fear' them.

3) "If our world......no room for god." A nonsensical statement along the lines of, "George Bush just finished reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins.

About time!

You have to follow ALL of it, or you're not a "Christian."

I beg to differ.

There are no Christians in the old testament.Christians fallow the teachings of Christ,hens the word CHRISTion.A true Christian fallows the new testament.Jesus teaches from the old testament but in a new way. Jesus teaches forgiveness and repentance of sin.He also teaches there are none without sin.

John 8:4-12

Don't get me wrong,I read the old testament and believe every word of it.However the new testament brings it into understanding and gives us a better relationship (father -son) with god.

If i had a rotten teenager that causes me constant sorrow,I would still love them and punish them.But i would never turn my back on them, nor would i kick them out of the house.This is what Christ does for us.

He gives us that intament relationship with God.

I beg to differ.

There are no Christians in the old testament.Christians fallow the teachings of Christ,hens the word CHRISTion.A true Christian fallows the new testament.Jesus teaches from the old testament but in a new way. Jesus teaches forgiveness and repentance of sin.He also teaches there are none without sin.

Don't get me wrong,I read the old testament and believe every word of it.However the new testament brings it into understanding and gives us a better relationship (father -son) with god.

If i had a rotten teenager that causes me constant sorrow,I would still love them and punish them.But i would never turn my back on them, nor would i kick them out of the house.This is what Christ does for us.

Again, you're a cafeteria christian; thus, you're not a true christian.

Again, you're a cafeteria Christian; thus, you're not a true Christian.

You obviously know nothing about Christianity,and are a complete waist of my time.therefore you can go ahead and take your jabs and find someone else to poke at.Make it good because I'm done responding to your psychotic mindset.Oh! .and I'll pray for you,like it or not.

c'mon now, its proven iraq harbors terrorists and has terror training cells in it. wasnt proven at the time of attack, but nonetheless............

not nearly as many as Saudi Arabia and Iran. And remember, those Iraqi terrorists are being trained and armed by Iran. THAT is who should have been attacked.

You obviously know nothing about Christianity,and are a complete waist of my time.therefore you can go ahead and take your jabs and find someone else to poke at.Make it good because I'm done responding to your psychotic mindset.Oh! .and I'll pray for you,like it or not.

I know all that I need to know about Christianity. I know that it is nothing but a fairy tale. Suppose I say that the interior of the earth is made of Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Prove me wrong. That is like you telling me to prove that Christianity is wrong. I know it is wrong. If you believe it, then obviously, I think you are brainwashed. I truly believe that you need help. You say that anyone who does not believe in Christianity is psychotic? Well, how about if I turn that around on you? I believe that you are psychotic. I am not wronging you any more than you are wronging me. Why do you chant prayers? It is to block your thinking process.

Edited by Trimdingman

I know all that I need to know about Christianity. I know that it is nothing but a fairy tale. Suppose I say that the interior of the earth is made of Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Prove me wrong. That is like you telling me to prove that Christianity is wrong. I know it is wrong. If you believe it, then obviously, I think you are brainwashed. I truly believe that you need help. You say that anyone who does not believe in Christianity is psychotic? Well, how about if I turn that around on you? I believe that you are psychotic. I am not wronging you any more than you are wronging me. Why do you chant prayers? It is to block your thinking process.

Obviously, the path you have taken in life results in bitterness and anger. That's what happens when you follow the world. I will pray for you also.

I've forgotten more about christianity than you'll ever know.

And BTW, nothing fails like prayer. Have a nice day!

I'm a christian but don't see where religion fits in to an arguement about company wide solidarity, hourly and management. We have to work together to secure our futures, but some still think we are living in the past where we could afford to be at odds and still survive. Anyone who does not want be part of the team needs to tkae the buyout!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Obviously, the path you have taken in life results in bitterness and anger. That's what happens when you follow the world. I will pray for you also.

I am not bitter or angry. I am blessed with having a clear mind. Everything to me is crystal clear. Being free from outside influences allows me to think logically. I can see through every person or group that is trying to take advantage of me. This freedom fills me with such euphoria, that I feel a deep need to share it with others so that they, too, can more fully utilize their minds. When you have false ideas planted into your subconscious, it is like having viruses in your computer. Your mind cannot work properly. Lines of reasoning hit brick walls, and detours have to be made. Conclusions often defy logic. You may believe that no harm is being done by believing in religion. You have no way of looking back at yourself and finding that out. You get angry when anyone challenges your beliefs. That should send up a red flag. If Christianity was the government, like Islam is in Middle East countries, I would be put to death. Christianity is a very evil religion. Burning at the stake was their preferred means of punishment. They set it up so that you do not inhale the smoke. They wanted you to feel the hellfires and they loved to hear the heathens scream. I practice morality without being extorted into it. The Christian religion is popular to-day because the Roman emperor Constantine made it the official religion of Rome, and started putting to death non-believers. Before that, they put Christians to death. I don't want to put anyone to death. The Bible says that thou shalt not kill, and it also says that witches are supposed to be killed. Which it it? How can you believe something that says two different things? You can if you shut out your own consciousness and pray. If you believe that the priest is your communication with God, then you will obey him. If he wants to molest you and tells you not to say anything, you let him. They are the ones that should be punished. Thanks to my father telling me that religion is lies, I was able to escape one religious pervert when I was a kid. The whole religion thing is a sick lie.

I am not bitter or angry. I am blessed with having a clear mind. Everything to me is crystal clear. Being free from outside influences allows me to think logically. I can see through every person or group that is trying to take advantage of me. This freedom fills me with such euphoria, that I feel a deep need to share it with others so that they, too, can more fully utilize their minds. When you have false ideas planted into your subconscious, it is like having viruses in your computer. Your mind cannot work properly. Lines of reasoning hit brick walls, and detours have to be made. Conclusions often defy logic. You may believe that no harm is being done by believing in religion. You have no way of looking back at yourself and finding that out. You get angry when anyone challenges your beliefs. That should send up a red flag. If Christianity was the government, like Islam is in Middle East countries, I would be put to death. Christianity is a very evil religion. Burning at the stake was their preferred means of punishment. They set it up so that you do not inhale the smoke. They wanted you to feel the hellfires and they loved to hear the heathens scream. I practice morality without being extorted into it. The Christian religion is popular to-day because the Roman emperor Constantine made it the official religion of Rome, and started putting to death non-believers. Before that, they put Christians to death. I don't want to put anyone to death. The Bible says that thou shalt not kill, and it also says that witches are supposed to be killed. Which it it? How can you believe something that says two different things? You can if you shut out your own consciousness and pray. If you believe that the priest is your communication with God, then you will obey him. If he wants to molest you and tells you not to say anything, you let him. They are the ones that should be punished. Thanks to my father telling me that religion is lies, I was able to escape one religious pervert when I was a kid. The whole religion thing is a sick lie.

It seems your tone has changed after my last post. It became a lot less offensive. That's another example of Christ's presence, when one is rebuked, it changes his heart.

That's a great thing.

By the way I don't follow any priest. I have a pastor in whom I respect a lot but my faith is in the Bible and in Jesus.

As I said earlier, stereotyping is the easy way out. I know a lot of non-believers that have done some horrible things. If I were lazy, I would assume that all non-believers do these same horrible things.

It seems your tone has changed after my last post. It became a lot less offensive. That's another example of Christ's presence, when one is rebuked, it changes his heart.

That's a great thing.

By the way I don't follow any priest. I have a pastor in whom I respect a lot but my faith is in the Bible and in Jesus.

As I said earlier, stereotyping is the easy way out. I know a lot of non-believers that have done some horrible things. If I were lazy, I would assume that all non-believers do these same horrible things.

Stereotyping is not a valid argument. You'll have to come up with something new. Most people have learned to see past stereotyping with all the racial arguments of the past.

You said you were blessed. By whom?

I'll be the first admit that there have been some horrible things done in the name of Christianity. These are people interpreting scriptures for their own benefit. Jesus never walked around burning people at a stake. We are to become like Jesus. Anything outside of that is not practicing true Christianity. That "religious pervert" you were talking about was not following Jesus.

These are people sinning just like you and me and that is why we need a savior.

I beg to differ.

so you believe that at one point in history,people were attempting to build a tower to heaven,and to keep them from succeeding god spread them around the four corners of the globe and made them different races and gave them different languages to keep them from ever doing it again?(tower of babel)well you did say every word.

enjoy that "intament" relationship with god. i have an intimate relationship with my wife.

isnt it time for this thread to die?noone will be swayed from one side to the other.

Stereotyping is not a valid argument. You'll have to come up with something new. Most people have learned to see past stereotyping with all the racial arguments of the past.

You said you were blessed. By whom?

I'll be the first admit that there have been some horrible things done in the name of Christianity. These are people interpreting scriptures for their own benefit. Jesus never walked around burning people at a stake. We are to become like Jesus. Anything outside of that is not practicing true Christianity. That "religious pervert" you were talking about was not following Jesus.

These are people sinning just like you and me and that is why we need a savior.

There is no proof that Jesus even existed. Christianity did have people burned at the stake, and probably would still to-day if they had the legal authority, like the Muslims have in the Middle East to cut off limbs and stone to death. Looking back in history, Islam was the more humane of the two religions. I saw a documentary on TV showing the religion of the Incas. It had similar roots to any other religion. They tortured and murdered countless thousands of people in the name of God. What makes Christianity any different from any other religion? Why do people have to have it brainwashed into them from the time they are children? There should be a law against such child abuse. They are left with no choice in the matter. Many children are sexually abused because of religion, as well. Religion should not be allowed to be practiced on anyone under the age of 18. I hope that it eventually disappears.

Religion can't change. It has beliefs literally set in stone. Christians to-day are answerable for everything that has been done in the past under the authority of Christianity as long as they are members of that religion. Christianity has probably broken every one of its own commandments. To be a Christian is to be an accomplice to murder, among countless other crimes. I am proud to say that I am more free from sin than any Christian.

Edited by Trimdingman