Available Out of Zone Opportunities for Tulsa and Nashville

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to HR today. The posting I copied and put on here has a time-stamp on the bottom of it, look at it. It says Tulsa and Nashville Transfer opportunities.xls dated 1/23/2008 1:39 PM. They were putting it up this afternoon and he was in a hurry to get it up before everyone left for the day. Maybe the transfers from before were cancelled, but these were just put up at our plant around 2:00.

That posting was put up a couple days ago in NGP. It was taken down this afternoon, and a cancelation letter put up. ?????????/ I do not know, this is just what I saw and was told, "Today".

That posting was put up a couple days ago in NGP. It was taken down this afternoon, and a cancelation letter put up. ?????????/ I do not know, this is just what I saw and was told, "Today".

Try to get a copy of that letter.....I think there are a lot of people that would like to see it. I'll see if I can find out anything different on this end. :reading:

Job opportunities are available to eligible skilled hourly employees for 16 working days until 2/13/2008. Hmm, that sounds just like the closing of our 30 day window. Also the job opportunities are the same ones they told us about when they were down here with their first informational meeting.

Eligible employees are : Ford employees leased to ACH that are active, laid-off, or in protected status under the JSP :reading:

I think they found a legal hurdle. The postings have been taken down! They, Ford, are going to what they were supposed to to do, offer buy out packages to all of FORD! Then offer flow-backs, a.k.a. transfers.

Pay attention, and THANK ME, or THANK TGP for forcing the issue.

U go and kiss Mr. price's ASS if you like eating sh_t!

Job opportunities are available to eligible skilled hourly employees for 16 working days until 2/13/2008. Hmm, that sounds just like the closing of our 30 day window. Also the job opportunities are the same ones they told us about when they were down here with their first informational meeting.

Eligible employees are : Ford employees leased to ACH that are active, laid-off, or in protected status under the JSP :reading:

I think they found a legal hurdle. The postings have been taken down! They, Ford, are going to what they were supposed to to do, offer buy out packages to all of FORD! Then offer flow-backs, a.k.a. transfers.

Pay attention, and THANK ME, or THANK TGP for forcing the issue.

U go and kiss Mr. price's ASS if you like eating sh_t!

Even so, its apparent that these plants will be taking people eventually. Perhaps NGP and TGP will go when other ACH's are offered. On the posted letter , for # of personnel needed, its as many as operationally feasible. Thats seems like unusual wording to me. As in they may be taking more than the plants RTO #'s.

Is it true that all of the people that are laid off have been offered these jobs and refused? Can someone prove it "IN WRITING"?

It looks as though it is not going to matter whether or not the contract was approved. We are still getting preferrential treatment for these placements. What was told to us was that either way, the positions were open for us to transfer to these plants. Supposedly some kind of special deal because we are going to be treated as a plant that is going to be sold and if a contract isn't ratified or we don't find a buyer, then of course it will be a plant closing. That would be a special situation too and we have no in-zone plants to transfer to so they are allowing us to go first to these spots.

PUT DOWN THE KRACK PIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it true that all of the people that are laid off have been offered these jobs and refused? Can someone prove it "IN WRITING"?

If you mean ALL the people, I dont think so. We have 3 MW's in GEN and the one I see hasnt heard anything. It is out of zone . Maybe the ones in GEN at closed plants like AAP,SLAP,Edsion who were supposed to get one last offer within 90 days of contract signing have been ?! Could be . Sorry no proof to post but if its any consolidation I wont call you an idiot for asking. LOL. I will talk to that GEN guy tomorrow........

They just did not rip it away from Tulsa, they riped it away from Nashville as well. That page was only if the contract passed. There was a letter in HR today that stated all packages and Transfers have been cancelled and taken off the table. Thanks Tulsa......that $45K is out the window.

Divide $45K over a 25-30 year retirement. D.A.! I have a kid whose insurance needs are over $40K per year! For up to 10 years! That adds up to $400,000 period! AND you lost $45K? If you have worked for Ford anytime at all you have pissed that $45K away in a couple to three years!

Divide $45K over a 25-30 year retirement. D.A.! I have a kid whose insurance needs are over $40K per year! For up to 10 years! That adds up to $400,000 period! AND you lost $45K? If you have worked for Ford anytime at all you have pissed that $45K away in a couple to three years!

I feel your pain, I went through the same thing when my son was young. But I had no "Good" insurance. You had to vote what was best for you and your family. I understand, really I do. Until the health care programs in this country changes, thats just the way is is going to be. The majority of workers sacarfice for the few. And thats Ok, we should help our Brothers and Sisters. What I am tired of sacrificing for is the illigal alien, unemployed, cigerett smoking, over weight, crack head, running up our health care premiums. Somrthing has to change in time to come, or we will all be working just to pay our taxes and health care cost.

You are a real DUMB@$$ WHOEVER YOU ARE.

Its kind of funny hearing they (ford) is posting out of zone jobs for m/w m/r p/f for rouge plant in a out of zone ach plant. Are these jobs supposed to be offered in zone first then to zones that are the closest to the opening zone and so on? Not trying to bash or anything but fair is fair they should go by the way postings are supposed to be put up.

Duane

Ach M/W in protective status aka permanently laid off

TN TINMAN, how could there be skilled trades openings at lima when 80 tradesmen are scheduled to be layed off in february?

Who's to say they arent bringing in these trades so in the end there is an adjustment in seniority ?? Ex: So the 25 yr M/R from say NGP gets placed instead of the 5 yr one at LEP still working. I never said this was going to be pleasant. Remember, once anyone, production/trades are placed than their seniority determines what happens.