New info on F150

ray101988

Excellent. Great way to differentiate your product and add value to the customer, especially the customers who use the product as a tool in their business.

if people are too stupid too lock their tools up they deserve to get them stolen...on the plus side..carputer not a bad idea...may sell as well as sync which i have no idea what sync is...but its always talked about a bunch

if people are too stupid too lock their tools up they deserve to get them stolen...on the plus side..carputer not a bad idea...may sell as well as sync which i have no idea what sync is...but its always talked about a bunch

You realize that tools can be missing for more reasons than them being stolen right? Also people can break locks...so itll be helpfull for that too.

i really like the computer thing, and i am interested in what exactly the tool inventory thing does........i hope there is more info than just this.....the waiting for the powertrain specs are killing me!

I think the computer is a cool idea. I assume it wouldn't be operational while the vehicle is driving for safety reasons though.....it'd be cool if they had a sensor that allowed it to work when it was in the passenger seat (so a passenger could use it while the driver is ideally driving).....I too am curious as to how the tool inventory thing works.

I also think the Edge Sport looks great. Igor, do you know if the Sport model will be available with a tan interior?

RFID to inventory tools? Sweet!

My operations management professor at my university is an operations management expert who works for Harley Davidson out of Milwaukee, WI. He said that Harley Davidson has been looking into RFID use in their plants to make their operations more efficient.

Ironically, he said that when he was looking for ideas on how to implement RFIDs, he looked at Ford as a good model of how to do them right. Apparently, when Ford is building their engines, they put a bolt with an RFID attached to it and it tracks the engine throughout the assembly process. It is resilient enough to withstand extreme heat, oils, and other harsh environments that it is exposed to. Apparently, the bolts are about $25 / piece to make use of for each engine. He didn't specifiy what engine this system was used on, but apparently it has made operations at the plant a lot more efficient. I am wondering if it is at the F-150 engine plant.

Maybe this isn't news to the BON posters. I thought it was great info.