Ford Trucks Styling, New Status Symbol ?

tommyturbo

Well, I am a 20 something. I'm 29. These trucks do look bling bling with chrome, and if you get black it just looks like you couldn't afford the upper trim level. The grill is huge. I'm 5-8, and I can't even begin to reach over the side of the bed or under the hood. I could on my 92 F-150. The new trucks are way too busy styling wise. And they don't even look like they are remotely aerodynamic, and in this day and age of fuel economy thats crazy.

I've been tempted to get a truck again lately, as my cars just aren't condusive to bringing home bigger stuff, or trips to home depot, etc. But these trucks just turn me off.

As for cooling, I have seen detroit come out with other innovations, i am sure they could find a way to make it all fit. the got the 7.3 into the old 92-95 f-350 body just fine, I'm sure it could be done again.

Hi All,

I have to ask, if anyone else here just finds the newer ford trucks over the top in terms of styling? I know it is subjective but the new trucks are just too blingy. I thought the older aero style 92-95 was a good looking truck. I was ok with the 96-2003? style for the most part. But the newer ones, especially superdutys are just so over the top. So boxy and chunky, and the huge text and logo bug me. Anyone agree or have a opinion on why the styling is like this? I loved my 92, but unless they change the look, I'd not buy another.

Also where I live I have noticed that having a lifted 350 crew cab seems to be the status symbol. I'll see one guy cruising around in them. Alot of times I'll see a hug truck towing a tiny trailer with a single dirt bike on it. The lifts on some of these trucks make them so tall I can walk under them, and they never go off road, they are too clean. Can any one explain this? Some of my friends joke about truck and penis size relation.

Bling is an option, and wasn't even offered in the past!

Well,

The Chrome grill is too big and very tacky looking. The black one still looks tacky. The hugh logos look like somthing a rapper would wear on a gold chain. The interior is way too busy. They keep making the sided and doors of the truck bigger with shorter windows. When a person my height ( 6'-4") has to get a step ladder simply to reach over the side of the bed it is getting ridicilous. The busy grooves on the tailgate and the new tail lights scream "getto bling" to me.

It is just an opinion, but I absolutely hate the new look. Most of my friends who are former Ford truck owners seem to agree. However, since we are old farts, I guess this might be what the 20-30 somthings want...

It will probably sell well, I have learned to never underestimate how tacky Americans fads can become...

Because you said that...your opinion doesn't count.

But I agree 100%.

The trucks don't look Ghetto bling until they start doing stuff like the chrome package, which essentially involves bolting chrome crap over everything. Even the Escalade doesn't look ghetto bling until you see after market parts unnatural to the vehicle ;)

I think going round at thins point would be a very bad idea. Look at the rest of the market. If its one thing the Big 3 knows its trucks, and they're not about to alienate their buying public. For every person that doesn't like it, there is probably two that do.

You may be right. When I hate somthing this much, other people seem to love it....

Well,

IMHO Trucks should NOT have the "getto bling bling" look...

I have owned previous Ford trucks, but I would not buy the new one.....

I don't think even the Platinum model has a "ghetto bling bling" look.

You do know that the grille and tailgate finish on those are a satin aluminum type finish, not chrome right? If the grille were chromed, that'd be a little much, but I like the new Platinum.

altonf650xuv---2_450.jpg

"In other news.......in an unprecedented move, Ford today announced it would begin production of it's new 6-door F-650 XUV. A Ford spokesperson had this to say: 'Well, we felt that there was truly a market for this vehicle. This vehicle also fits perfectly with our new GREEN image.....it gets an impressive 2 mpg highway, which is pretty good. It already complies with the CAFE legislations of 1975, so we feel as though further improvements aren't necessary at this time.'

Ford will begin selling the XUV this summer."

:hysterical:

Well, I am a 20 something. I'm 29. These trucks do look bling bling with chrome, and if you get black it just looks like you couldn't afford the upper trim level. The grill is huge. I'm 5-8, and I can't even begin to reach over the side of the bed or under the hood. I could on my 92 F-150. The new trucks are way too busy styling wise. And they don't even look like they are remotely aerodynamic, and in this day and age of fuel economy thats crazy.

I've been tempted to get a truck again lately, as my cars just aren't condusive to bringing home bigger stuff, or trips to home depot, etc. But these trucks just turn me off.

As for cooling, I have seen detroit come out with other innovations, i am sure they could find a way to make it all fit. the got the 7.3 into the old 92-95 f-350 body just fine, I'm sure it could be done again.

The new diesel engine makes more power with less displacment while meeting the latest diesel emission standards which produces a lot more heat. The old (legendary) 7.3L was from an era when heavy duty diesels had little or no emission requirements. Like I said open the hood of the '08 SuperDuty diesel and take a look at the size of that cooling system.

I've owned Ford trucks since '82 and the rest of my family did long before that, my brother still has his '95 F-150. Sure, his bed sides are lower than my '06 which makes it easier to reach in from the side but my truck has more cargo capacity and higher payload weight rating. In other words the new trucks are more capable. I'm 6'1" and can lift 5-gal fuel cans over the side, it's harder than the old '95 but not that big a deal. Anyway Ford will be offering the bed side step option on the '09.

By the way, in the "good 'ol days" of my brother's '95 F-150 the highest option regular production engine was the 5.8L V8 rated at 210 horsepower, max. Today everyone bashes Ford's 5.4L for making "only" 300 HP. Today's trucks are far more capable in every catagory, towing, capacity, payload, power, etc. the trade-off is they are bigger and heavier.

The new diesel engine makes more power with less displacment while meeting the latest diesel emission standards which produces a lot more heat. The old (legendary) 7.3L was from an era when heavy duty diesels had little or no emission requirements. Like I said open the hood of the '08 SuperDuty diesel and take a look at the size of that cooling system.

I've owned Ford trucks since '82 and the rest of my family did long before that, my brother still has his '95 F-150. Sure, his bed sides are lower than my '06 which makes it easier to reach in from the side but my truck has more cargo capacity and higher payload weight rating. In other words the new trucks are more capable. I'm 6'1" and can lift 5-gal fuel cans over the side, it's harder than the old '95 but not that big a deal. Anyway Ford will be offering the bed side step option on the '09.

By the way, in the "good 'ol days" of my brother's '95 F-150 the highest option regular production engine was the 5.8L V8 rated at 210 horsepower, max. Today everyone bashes Ford's 5.4L for making "only" 300 HP. Today's trucks are far more capable in every catagory, towing, capacity, payload, power, etc. the trade-off is they are bigger and heavier.

I CONCURRR! :idea:

And boxier and uglier. I've had numerous Ford pick-ups through my years from a 1978 Bronco, 1981 Ford Courier(does that count?)up to a 2000 F350 Crew Cab and a 2003 Excursion and I can't stand the new F150's, :finger::nonono: sure on the inside they're nice but it's the outside that counts. I've seen the 2009's and they're not any better looking almost looks the same and until they change their looks I will not be purchasing one, maybe a Super Duty though. :finger: :shrug: :shrug: :finger::finger::finger: