Transfers

tincup2b

We are hearing alot of rumors at KCAP about people transferring here within the next month or two. Our local doesn't seem to know anything about it at this time so I propose the question to all of you out there in cyberworld. Has anybody been told where they are transferring to or when it will happen? Sounds like they would like to have all of the people moved by June 1st but I have never seen Ford move that fast in the 13 years I've worked with the Company. I would just like to wish everyone good luck on whatever decision they make.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are hearing alot of rumors at KCAP about people transferring here within the next month or two. Our local doesn't seem to know anything about it at this time so I propose the question to all of you out there in cyberworld. Has anybody been told where they are transferring to or when it will happen? Sounds like they would like to have all of the people moved by June 1st but I have never seen Ford move that fast in the 13 years I've worked with the Company. I would just like to wish everyone good luck on whatever decision they make.

I know the Glass plants in Nashville and Tulsa are being offered flowbacks to KCAP and Chicago Assembly for production and skilled trades and a few additional locations for skilled trades. The new owner of the Glass division is suppose to take over on March 1st so, they will probably start transfers at that time.

As far as Ford working that fast, we were transferred from Detroit to Nashville and were given 2 weeks notice. So, they can work as fast or as Slow (which we all know they have) as they want. It can happen.

In the union meetings we had, they said they wanted up to 700 people in KCAP for production. They said anyone who wants to go to KCAP will go.

Today DiGeorgio and Lang said they expect to transfer all ACH prod. that want to go back. They also only expect to have about 1800 prod. to find spots for company-wide. Job postings in SE Mich will be sometime in April.

We were told we would have two choices, Kansas City and Chicago. Were told there were about 1000 temps in Kansas City that we would be replacing if we went. Looks as though the new buyouts will change everything but we are still being told these are our only choices. It would appear you could wait for a new opening but this is not an option with us. There will be new openings in other places before we even get to KCAP or CAP. We were told the moves would start April 1, but we were also told that whatever the membership voted to do the first time would be honored so who knows.

We were told we would have two choices, Kansas City and Chicago. Were told there were about 1000 temps in Kansas City that we would be replacing if we went. Looks as though the new buyouts will change everything but we are still being told these are our only choices. It would appear you could wait for a new opening but this is not an option with us. There will be new openings in other places before we even get to KCAP or CAP. We were told the moves would start April 1, but we were also told that whatever the membership voted to do the first time would be honored so who knows.

who told you that you couldn't go to jsp status and wait for other openings? It is a roll of the dice but I believe you can wait. I would only do this if you have high senority to be able to get to the plant of your choice.

who told you that you couldn't go to jsp status and wait for other openings? It is a roll of the dice but I believe you can wait. I would only do this if you have high senority to be able to get to the plant of your choice.

I hope he is an electrician. If not he may want to take one of those 2 offers you guys are getting. Digeorgio also said today that the Iuaw and Ford has recently agreed on RTO #'s for each plant. They wont be replacing trades one for one( except perhaps EL's). So just because a plant may have 10 of one trade take buyouts, he said they may not even put any postings up if they are still over their RTO #'s. So he may go to JSP but there he may sit......

I hope he is an electrician. If not he may want to take one of those 2 offers you guys are getting. Digeorgio also said today that the Iuaw and Ford has recently agreed on RTO #'s for each plant. They wont be replacing trades one for one( except perhaps EL's). So just because a plant may have 10 of one trade take buyouts, he said they may not even put any postings up if they are still over their RTO #'s. So he may go to JSP but there he may sit......

he is production waldo

The IUAW reps told us we could turn these two plants down but then we would go to the bottom of the list with no monies of any kind coming in and no benefits if we did this.

I would prefer to wait it out. I have 20 years seniority with 25 retirement credits.

Again we have been told we have sign up by Feb 29 and will be placed immediately, before the nationwide buyouts end. We would then be assigned a location and report for work in 30 days without any other locations being made available as the nationwide buyouts progress.

Many in our plant would prefer Kentucky plants, parts depots, engine or transmission plants closer to home.

here in michigan the latest rumour has march 25 will be the day for all job postings nationwide, with all ford including auto motive holdings ford employees bidding on the posted jobs availible with seniority rights after the buyouts have concluded have no idea when you will report.

The IUAW reps told us we could turn these two plants down but then we would go to the bottom of the list with no monies of any kind coming in and no benefits if we did this.

I would prefer to wait it out. I have 20 years seniority with 25 retirement credits.

Again we have been told we have sign up by Feb 29 and will be placed immediately, before the nationwide buyouts end. We would then be assigned a location and report for work in 30 days without any other locations being made available as the nationwide buyouts progress.

Many in our plant would prefer Kentucky plants, parts depots, engine or transmission plants closer to home.

I think you misunderstood. you can go to jsp status at 85% 0r 40hr community service type work(old gen) but if you refuse two offers at that point then you lose out on monies and bennies. I am pretty sure these two offers kcmo and chitown don't count at this point.Just understand there are probably not going to be many gravy opportunites like you are looking for. so this would be somewhat of a gamble. you really need to ask your IUAW reps to explain it for you one more time.

I think you misunderstood. you can go to jsp status at 85% 0r 40hr community service type work(old gen) but if you refuse two offers at that point then you lose out on monies and bennies. I am pretty sure these two offers kcmo and chitown don't count at this point.Just understand there are probably not going to be many gravy opportunites like you are looking for. so this would be somewhat of a gamble. you really need to ask your IUAW reps to explain it for you one more time.

I hope I did misunderstand but if I did, everyone I work with also misunderstood this. We were told today Kansas City and Chicago offers would be coming immediately after the signup.

We were definitely told by the IUAW rep that if we turned these 2 offers down we would loose our monies and benefits. I specifically asked this question after the informational meeting and was told this again.

Do you think we don't work here?

Not looking for a gravy job, just something closer than 500 or 600 miles from home until we can retire. A lot of people are in the same boat. Some plan to move and some plan to return home on weekends as we have a lot of people close to retirement.

I have been told the IUAW reps will not return before we have to make a choice. I have made a call to one and will see if it is returned.

I believe there are special provisions in the contract that stae all of the pre existing closed plants ( Atl, NJ, Nor ect ) will have only this one chance because of the time theyve already been in JSP/GIN check with your union to be sure but that is what we were told

I do not know if there are 1000 temps here at KCAP, but to all those that choice to come Welcome and lets build some world class vehicles. :shades:

I have been told you are correct. Any estimates on how long someone with 20 years seniority would be in JSP before an offer is made? Just looking to stay in the Louisville area or farther south.

I have been told you are correct. Any estimates on how long someone with 20 years seniority would be in JSP before an offer is made? Just looking to stay in the Louisville area or farther south.
i haven't heard of openings at lap, other than maybe skilled trades, don't know if ktp has any either , but good luck, wherever you end up

I wouldn't be counting on any openings in Louisville area anytime soon.I have freinds who have been waiting on that to come about for over a year and hasn't happened.Now they have to go to KCAP or CAP.

Even after the extended buyout deadline last time through still nothing.I believe they are trying to self level and get there manpower straigfht before any openings come up and that could be long after everyone has been placed and bought out.

Just to let you know.

There never were 1000 temps @ KCAP, but there are about 120 left as of now and, most are on 3rd shift. Any way good luck to you

and yours, but haven't heard of that many taking the buy out or retireing. but if they send you all here maybe they will double us up!! Ha!

and be prepared to work!!

Have a nice day

Just to let you know.

There never were 1000 temps @ KCAP, but there are about 120 left as of now and, most are on 3rd shift. Any way good luck to you

and yours, but haven't heard of that many taking the buy out or retireing. but if they send you all here maybe they will double us up!! Ha!

and be prepared to work!!

Have a nice day

and be prepared to work!! :D :shades: u tell no lies!

I wouldn't be counting on any openings in Louisville area anytime soon.I have freinds who have been waiting on that to come about for over a year and hasn't happened.Now they have to go to KCAP or CAP.

Even after the extended buyout deadline last time through still nothing.I believe they are trying to self level and get there manpower straigfht before any openings come up and that could be long after everyone has been placed and bought out.

What plant are you and your friends from?

Any idea who goes the quickest trip to Kansas City, ACH who choose to go there, ACH who sign for their preferred flowback location {JSP}, or those who have been off for a year or so?

What plant are you and your friends from?

Any idea who goes the quickest trip to Kansas City, ACH who choose to go there, ACH who sign for their preferred flowback location {JSP}, or those who have been off for a year or so?

I would think places like Atlanta, Edison and Norfolk would get first crack. ACH already had flowback to KCAP.