Transfers

tincup2b

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not exactly sure how they are going to do this. When the International was in Nashville around a month ago Frank Keatts stood up before the membership and said that any and everyone who wanted a transfer from either Nashville or Tulsa would be relocated. Now I am not sure about Tulsa, but everyone in Nashville has been signing up for KCAP, none for Chicago. I would venture to say there are around 600 to 900 blue employees left in Nash. and Tulsa and if only half sign up for a transfer you still could have as many as 450 wanting to relocate to KCAP. How in the he** is this going to work if you only have 120 temps in KC? This also doesn't include guys from Atlanta, Norfolk, or Edision. Does KC plan on starting an additional shift?

I am not exactly sure how they are going to do this. When the International was in Nashville around a month ago Frank Keatts stood up before the membership and said that any and everyone who wanted a transfer from either Nashville or Tulsa would be relocated. Now I am not sure about Tulsa, but everyone in Nashville has been signing up for KCAP, none for Chicago. I would venture to say there are around 600 to 900 blue employees left in Nash. and Tulsa and if only half sign up for a transfer you still could have as many as 450 wanting to relocate to KCAP. How in the he** is this going to work if you only have 120 temps in KC? This also doesn't include guys from Atlanta, Norfolk, or Edision. Does KC plan on starting an additional shift?

I THINK YOU ARE WAY OUT THERE ON YOUR #s NASHVILLE HAS MORE LIKE 300 BLUES IF THAT.TULSA HAS MAYBE 400. THE TAKE RATE IS NOT GOING TO BE NEARLY AS HIGH AS YOU THINK. I WOULD BE SURPRIZED IF MORE THAN 25% TAKE IT IN TULSA. IN ANY CASE THIS IS JUST ANOTHER THING TO THINK ABOUT CUZ IF YOU DON'T GET A SPOT YOU WILL GO TO JSP STATUS AND THEN YOU MIGHT GET TWO MORE OFFERS. AND THE SECOND ONE JUST MIGHT BE IN A MUCH COOLER CLIMATE. JUST SOMETHING TO PONDER. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET SOME CLARIFICATION FROM THE IUAW OR FORD REPS WHEN THEY COME DOWN THIS WEEK. :shades: :stirpot:

O.K. I may be a little overboard on my numbers, but tell me how the IUAW can make such a bold statement. They don't have the foggiest idea on how many people may sign up for transfers. I will totally agree on the 25%, but that is nothing more than an estimation. Before I could make a statement like that I would have to know for a fact that all elgible could be placed. Looks like to me they are on a wing and a prayer in hopes that the 25% is correct. With the 25% you are still going to be at 175 employees.

O.K. I may be a little overboard on my numbers, but tell me how the IUAW can make such a bold statement. They don't have the foggiest idea on how many people may sign up for transfers. I will totally agree on the 25%, but that is nothing more than an estimation. Before I could make a statement like that I would have to know for a fact that all elgible could be placed. Looks like to me they are on a wing and a prayer in hopes that the 25% is correct. With the 25% you are still going to be at 175 employees.

I AGREE ESPECIALY IN SKILLED TRADES. THE KCAP SKILLED TRADES REP SAYS THEY NEED 5 MW AND ONE WELDER BUT IUAW CAME BACK AND SAID THEY WOULD TAKE EVERYONE THAT WANTED TO GO IN ANY TRADE. GO FIGURE, I'M SKEPTICAL TOO! :shades:

I AGREE ESPECIALY IN SKILLED TRADES. THE KCAP SKILLED TRADES REP SAYS THEY NEED 5 MW AND ONE WELDER BUT IUAW CAME BACK AND SAID THEY WOULD TAKE EVERYONE THAT WANTED TO GO IN ANY TRADE. GO FIGURE, I'M SKEPTICAL TOO! :shades:

we are transferrees from St. Louis. We also were told all skilled trades would transfer. My husband is now busting butt on a low seniority job (they would not allow him to transfer with his trade). Took transfer to secure job (he has 20+ seniority).

we are transferrees from St. Louis. We also were told all skilled trades would transfer. My husband is now busting butt on a low seniority job (they would not allow him to transfer with his trade). Took transfer to secure job (he has 20+ seniority).

So they let your husband transfer as production, I look to see more of this happen

He broke his classification and returned to production so you could insure you would get to KC... right? Why would you be unhappy now? The company/UAW guaranteed he would be able to transfer to a plant in his skilled capacity, but at the time you didn't value that as high as being able to control your destination. You got exactly what you asked for... why can't you just be happy you're where you wanted to be?

Edited by S.Knight

I have to say that I agree with you 100% S. Knight. I know that some big decesions have to be made here at Nashville and Tulsa within the next 10 days. The big question here in Music City is for those that will be willing to take a transfer. Everyone's big concern is will the IUAW make the same concessions with the company for the assembly plants that they have made with ACH plants. It is the million dollar question. It is sad for someone to up root family and move 575 miles from home to receive the same fu**ing that the ACH plants are fixing to endure. Will the assembly plants be sold out also under the next agreement, or will they remain firm in pay and benefits? Who knows.

Edited by ngp roots

I think everybody has a pretty good guess how they will move these people to new plants. As they let go of the buyouts,they are going to flood these plants with extra people. Once everyone is trained to fill all the buyouts,they will lay the lowest senority at each plant with extra people off. Thats my best guess! :shades:

I think everybody has a pretty good guess how they will move these people to new plants. As they let go of the buyouts,they are going to flood these plants with extra people. Once everyone is trained to fill all the buyouts,they will lay the lowest senority at each plant with extra people off. Thats my best guess! :shades:

I doubt that will happen. The International Union would not allow that in the last flowback. Ford can not hire anyone at entry level wages if all employees are not placed, so this would not benefit Ford.

That is absolute Bull**it. If I move 600 miles and get laid off I would be a pissed off SOB

That is absolute Bull**it. If I move 600 miles and get laid off I would be a pissed off SOB

That is exactly why the International Union would not allow any flowbacks to certain plants. Big arguements about RTO numbers. They do not want someone to move 600 miles, and be disadvantaged by a reduction, nor do they want someone with lower seniority forced out because of the movement. A whole lot of questions were asked about this exact issue in our informational meetings.

That is exactly why the International Union would not allow any flowbacks to certain plants. Big arguements about RTO numbers. They do not want someone to move 600 miles, and be disadvantaged by a reduction, nor do they want someone with lower seniority forced out because of the movement. A whole lot of questions were asked about this exact issue in our informational meetings.

I took a transfer a couple years ago. At the time we were offered several locations. Since then some of the plants they offered closed, went to one shift or have reduced the line speed. A guy I worked with transferred to Atlanta and in less than a year he had to take another transfer do to the plant closing.

I took a transfer a couple years ago. At the time we were offered several locations. Since then some of the plants they offered closed, went to one shift or have reduced the line speed. A guy I worked with transferred to Atlanta and in less than a year he had to take another transfer do to the plant closing.

I doubt that KCAP will be a plant to close. If I was a betting man I would say that KCAP and the Rouge would be the two last plants that Ford Motor Company would close.