Australia's new 'Orion' Falcon

PFdesign

If anyone is keen to see some official pics and read the specs of Ford Australia's newest baby, there will be information on the Performance Ford website from midday on Sunday 17th. (New York:5pm Sat, LA:9pm Sat, London midnight Sat - I think!)

Those in the US should take note, we might be building your Mustangs soon!

If anyone is keen to see some official pics and read the specs of Ford Australia's newest baby, there will be information on the Performance Ford website from midday on Sunday 17th. (New York:5pm Sat, LA:9pm Sat, London midnight Sat - I think!)

Those in the US should take note, we might be building your Mustangs soon!

Here is a web site with pictures

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/large-gal...13800-2,00.html

Why does Ford Not sell these over here ? far better looking the current Ford Fusion.

I have always admired Fords of Oz. But what will a Mustang cost you guys?

last ones FoA imported in 2002 were AUS$85,000.

right_hand_drive_s197mustang.jpg

The person who bought this Mustang has to be fanatical about owning Mustangs, who else would pay all the shipping, fees and costs associated with making the car right-hand drive just to have one in Austrailia. I am unsure of the actual price tag to own a Mustang in Austrailia but a few years back I recall somebody paying upwards of $100K just to own an ordinary 2005 Mustang GT.

Right-Hand Drive 2007 S197 Mustang GT In Aussie Land

http://www.mustangaustralia.com.au/

New Saleen S281 S/C Coupe -$173,500

2008 Vapour S/C Coupe - $173,500

2007 Saleen S331 S/C Sport Truck - $162,500

1998 Mustang GT Convertible - $49,500

Bear in mind the Aussie Dollar is now close to $0.93 cents US.

thanks for the link. that's definitely a good looking car..

In summary it's slightly wider and longer than a Fusion

and cabin interior dimensions are same as Crown Victoria!

If you like Pontiac G8, you'll love this!!!

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree, except that in NA, people in general don't want RWD midsize sedans. Its shown by the market leaders.

I like RWD... Its making a come back in NA. Probably because of all the retro muscle cars coming out. Notice G8 is RWD and Ford is supposed to have a RWD. LOL even Hyndai (sp?) is coming out with a RWD.

Edited by ray101988

But, I would love to have a Falcon here. I think it would need a little edgier styling for NA though.

For sure, Australia took the Kinetic styling route because of all the other FoE products we sell.

Love to see a more Americanised version, anything is possible with the way

the Falcon's front is formatted - easy to change everything and unlike Holden/Pontiac G8

would give more impact than just adding two nostrils:

Heavy_m_m.jpg

For sure, Australia took the Kinetic styling route because of all the other FoE products we sell.

Love to see a more Americanised version, anything is possible with the way

the Falcon's front is formatted - easy to change everything and unlike Holden/Pontiac G8

would give more impact than just adding two nostrils:

Heavy_m_m.jpg

I hope we get to see the new Falcon in the UK JPD, I love all the RWD cars Ford have produced in the past it's great to see Ford are using the same drive as all the top quality manufactuers use. It's a shame Ford don't let the designers out of their Mondeo straightjacket and bring something new to the marketplace, still the Falcon looks a bit more EVO than Mondeo with the rear spoiler at the back, how did you get that spoiler past the madmen at Ford design HQ quality control? What Fords master plan to bore us all to death with boring design so we all end up wanting to join Greenpeace or FOE to ban cars & boredom off the streets of Europe.