Discussion between Local 228 & 400

Captain723

well cap'n terry, is was raining years ago when you watched 400 get robbed by the other group of unity slugs. remember when they all got arrested. this new unity group (look out 228 and 2280 when you see this slate coming) operates the same way and you continue to write for them. flyers for the floor instead of you job. but you got your appointment to essp rep.

terry....jeff terry??? Nope, but I do know Jeff and he is a good guy....great union guy!! Thanks for the compliment!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400 getting with228 is only for tony to keep the big salary and get jeff to region with daddy joe and uncle donnie. the flyer out at subcouncil shows how he and jeff were goingto make it happen and all it cost was 25,000,00 for the other officers to stay quiet. of course his kids need another local to clean at the tune of 1,000.00 a week, so that will be 2,000 for 2 locals. now this might be a good idea under diffeerent administration but not these slimy goons. bob king should have 400 taken over and investigations into 228 yesterday.

please produce this flyer for us...

Well now, do you believe everything you hear???? happy and complacent/disgusted are two different terms resulting from two diffferent points of veiw. 400 membership has been so uneducated and mushroomized that there isn't anyone who wants to be part of a criminal organization. 400 elections involve 5-7 facilities and held on a holiday week or layoffs have been implemented. you need to ask the question about how many members are left out and how many are called by local telephones to come specifically for elections and paid off with parties. now how easy is it to get voted in when you control which day, which hours, my buddies on the election committee paid off, where the election is and the hours it is open, get the compnay to issue transportaion and etc....

now back to the issue of this thread. while you may be just an interested party, and i don't think so i believe you are realted or supporter, the issue of salries being to high (2007 123K -173K) and that there are so many "officers being paid for years" as membership shrinks to lowest points in 40 years then you better ask your source (tony) why would i want this kind of rep in other locals?? Ask yourself why tony hasn't downsized the expernses as the membership has been shrinking, still paying out as if there were 12000 members still?? a true leader would have taken the proper steps to rightsize as the other locals did years ago.

Our local already did that stuff...when they came into office. Jeff cut the wages in half...I know that. I don't like the guy and he does have a bunch of thugs for friends but he is effective and knows his craft. Just a cocky fucker..I am sure he reads this..so I could care less.

If being brain washed means sticking up for the very people who employee me and allow me to earn good living for me and my family......then yes I am brained washed. Thank you UAW and Ford Motor Company!!

thank you ford motor company....fuck the Useless And Worthless. does the UAW really "allow" you to earn a good living? do you think only UAW members "earn" a good living? when the UAW does something to show me they are worth a fuck, maybe i will change my mind....until then you and the UAW can kiss my ass. like i said, your so fucking shallow, you will never get it. maybe you can "thank" the IAW for taking your dues every month until they fold up like a cheap card table...then whatcha gonna do??? you must be in the international union somewhere with some cushy ass job that dont do shit and pays 100k a year. fuck you and them :banghead:

Make sure your dumb ass comes back on this forum after next month when those 300 peple from utica DON'T come to Van Dyke. I GUARANTEE it will not happen.

Thank you for you quote,

it will be here for you to swallow whent his happens...300 are coming to a VanDyke near you...watcha going to do then...

How will MOd Spin that Lie?

2280 looks more and more selfish everyday..Mod is a looser.drunk bum...your leadeship has always been missing somthing other than a paycheck and the members buy that garbage.

thank you ford motor company....fuck the Useless And Worthless. does the UAW really "allow" you to earn a good living? do you think only UAW members "earn" a good living? when the UAW does something to show me they are worth a fuck, maybe i will change my mind....until then you and the UAW can kiss my ass. like i said, your so fucking shallow, you will never get it. maybe you can "thank" the IAW for taking your dues every month until they fold up like a cheap card table...then whatcha gonna do??? you must be in the international union somewhere with some cushy ass job that dont do shit and pays 100k a year. fuck you and them :banghead:

Obviously you have done something in the past that you felt was right and the company thought was wrong and your rep could not help your sorry ass so you are upset....understandable....but don't stereo type the UAW. You are part of the UAW so you should do your job as a member and do something about it!! Get involved and make change otherwise shut the fk up!!

Obviously you have done something in the past that you felt was right and the company thought was wrong and your rep could not help your sorry ass so you are upset....understandable....but don't stereo type the UAW. You are part of the UAW so you should do your job as a member and do something about it!! Get involved and make change otherwise shut the fk up!!

you know "terry" i wish I had pdf and scan ablity so I could put it up here. but if your really interested and not sitting on tony's lap, then call joe or donnie at region. if they won't tell you call local 2280 or 228, they both have it. if they won't get you a copy, but i believe they might if you ask directly, you might want to call 400. they have it too.

pkay so here we are...let me see if i get this straight.

local 400 wants 228 and 2280 to join them in one local.

Supposedly, (no offense eagle) they have set aside money to help float this.

Now part of 228 doesn't want it and part does (Jeff Terry???) and the rumor is that he's going down town for making it happen....(rumor, conjecture...etc)

2280 doesn't want it (rumor only to save leadership jobs)

Atleast one 400 person thinks its a bad deal here

here's the part i know....Very few people in VD want this; for many different reasons including having been fucked over before while amalgamated with 228, and that they see the writing on the wall with sterling people moving them out and sterling then hiring all 2nd tier wage guys (possibly them)

Romeo people are getting told a bunch of BS concerning VD especially about our finances. Some also insinuate that this is being pushed on them by other locals including ours

so this sounds like a few people in power positions will try to make this happen get alot of clout and if one local or other loses well its for the benefit of the common good? (and those that go somewhere or get all the pull)

I am back to opposing it on these reasons. Numerically we can't compete with Sterling and i know many of the leadership and do not trust them, especially the ones close to my family. Then here is just too much bullshit floating around and backdoor dealing for me to greenlight anything.

My other question is that the constitution says this in article 35

Section 4. Additional organized units may be added to Amalgamated Local Unions only upon approval of the International Executive Board and subject to the majority vote of the membership of the unit and the Joint Council or membership of the Amalgamated Local Union. Unorganized units may be added to an Amalgamated Local Union upon the approval of the Regional Director.

so do we get a vote?

The issue is dead with 2280 memo on the floor as of today says "no deal" It is not in Vandykes best interest so that should end some speculation! :ohsnap:

Now part of 228 doesn't want it and part does (Jeff Terry???) and the rumor is that he's going down town for making it happen....(rumor, conjecture...etc)

here's the part i know....Very few people in VD want this; for many different reasons including having been fucked over before while amalgamated with 228, and that they see the writing on the wall with sterling people moving them out and sterling then hiring all 2nd tier wage guys (possibly them)

Romeo people are getting told a bunch of BS concerning VD especially about our finances. Some also insinuate that this is being pushed on them by other locals including ours

so this sounds like a few people in power positions will try to make this happen get alot of clout and if one local or other loses well its for the benefit of the common good? (and those that go somewhere or get all the pull)

I am back to opposing it on these reasons. Numerically we can't compete with Sterling and i know many of the leadership and do not trust them, especially the ones close to my family. Then here is just too much bullshit floating around and backdoor dealing for me to greenlight anything.

Section 4. Additional organized units may be added to Amalgamated Local Unions only upon approval of the International Executive Board and subject to the majority vote of the membership of the unit and the Joint Council or membership of the Amalgamated Local Union. Unorganized units may be added to an Amalgamated Local Union upon the approval of the Regional Director.

so do we get a vote?

Please realize the issue here is not about the unification of any locals. The unification was not orchestrated by none of the members of the 3 locals. For the fools stating this bantering must of been generated by folks because local 400 is having an election this Spring could not be further from the truth. Had this idea come out at any other time but now, one could sit and look at it from all sides have discussion and even vote on it. Tony is the one who chose to bring this out now. He decided to push it down everyone's throat. If it makes such a good idea why does he need $50,000.00 of 400 membership's money to sell it. How does he pull a number of $50 (k) out of his ass. Did he assign this to anyone to go out and get quotes? Does he have 3 bids? Did he present 3 bids to the Board for review prior to voting. THE ANSWER IS NO! HE MADE THE MOTION FOR THE UNIFICATION AND THE 50(k) ILLEGALLY FROM THE CHAIR! He has nothing to run on. He's not a union leader, who looks after the members, he's looking at how he can keep all the officers and salary's at the 12,000 dues paying member level. That is not a leader, a leader does what is write for it's membership, even if it means putting other officials on part time and asking for volunteers to help and members to understand. He is handling the local the same way the CEO's of Ford handle the company. The same thing we fight every day, we lose workers, (members) we lose perks and benefits, we lose locations and market share, but don't you think for one minute we as local officers, in the case of Ford the CEO's are going to cut our positions or reduce our pay.

Ask yourself which side are they on!

What a vision.....in a time when membership is declining and Locals are getting stretched thin, some look to come up with a plan to grow. As membership dwindles and the traditional employees get replaced with entry level employees each local needs to start tightening up their belts. Think about this though....combining Locals to make them stronger...sure what Local would want to combine with another and lose their position....one might ask. A leader that is willing to truly look out for his/her members, thats who. That would not be a popular choice, but think about it....if your membership is dwindling then you can't pay the bills, spend money to help educate, organize or even promote the qualities of the UAW into the community. :idea: This would be a great idea if there were leaders that were willing to step up for the better of their members. If anyone has any insight on this I would like to hear it!! :idea:

I was reading this and decided that I would add my "insight" for ya, Cap! Since you asked!!

Here's the truth. As your memberships fade and the new workforce replaces the people retiring, and taking our "packages", the local unions are becoming faced with some new issues they never had b4. By the time they pay their "per capita" to the I-Union, and the everyday run of the mill cost to keep the building open, there aint much left for the "full time" help that all want a paycheck from the same cookie jar.

You now have less membership, paying half the "dues" their "brother" b4 them paid. This ain't rocket science. Somethin's got to give. Guess what? This "vision" you are having is reality for many locals struggling to keep everybody employed. Hell no, they dont want to let anyone go, or "combine" with another local. How would that work? 2 Presidents in the same building? No way man. What about your Recording secretary? Treasurer? Office help? Who's staff is going to get sacrificed for the betterment of the rest? Your secretary is used to making "union scale"! How's she going to survive when she gets a job in the real world?

I think you see where Im heading. This "vision" will likely never become reality. I think the real vision is going to be the buildings get sold, an office is rented, and the only one staffing it will be the President who is the only one contractually able to leave the plant while "on the clock". Union meetings can be held in a rented facility. No big deal.

I was reading this and decided that I would add my "insight" for ya, Cap! Since you asked!!

Here's the truth. As your memberships fade and the new workforce replaces the people retiring, and taking our "packages", the local unions are becoming faced with some new issues they never had b4. By the time they pay their "per capita" to the I-Union, and the everyday run of the mill cost to keep the building open, there aint much left for the "full time" help that all want a paycheck from the same cookie jar.

You now have less membership, paying half the "dues" their "brother" b4 them paid. This ain't rocket science. Somethin's got to give. Guess what? This "vision" you are having is reality for many locals struggling to keep everybody employed. Hell no, they dont want to let anyone go, or "combine" with another local. How would that work? 2 Presidents in the same building? No way man. What about your Recording secretary? Treasurer? Office help? Who's staff is going to get sacrificed for the betterment of the rest? Your secretary is used to making "union scale"! How's she going to survive when she gets a job in the real world?

I think you see where Im heading. This "vision" will likely never become reality. I think the real vision is going to be the buildings get sold, an office is rented, and the only one staffing it will be the President who is the only one contractually able to leave the plant while "on the clock". Union meetings can be held in a rented facility. No big deal.

Hey you 400 assholes!!! :happy feet: Where the fuck were you when VD was in trouble? Why the fuck would the people at VD want to have 400 and 228 run their Local into the ground the way they did their own. Those guys at 400 are selfish and greedy, how else can you explain their salaries. VD has new work and the sharks want in on it. Local 400 has promised their membership jobs on the east side and cant fulfill them. 300 people coming to VD is a LIE, and the assholes saying it are guaranteed losers in their election because when the smoke clears, the leadership at 400 will have some explaining to do. Good luck 400 and 228, elect new, honest leadership. Pinelli, AAI needs people, VD is getting RTBU's from there every week. Maybe you should give your membership good sound advice and steer them there. Its either there or the streets. Fuck you guys. You want a fight, bring that bullshit to VD.

The international will be representing the same number of members....the problem lies with what to do locally to support both our locals!! I am sure it would look a little different, we obviously wouldn't have 2 presidents. I think that local 600 takes care of this with full time vice presidents!!

so capn terry you want to add more full time officers. this is right off of tony's lap, i mean lip.... wouldn't it be better to make any multiple vp's are part-time and bring them in on differnt days as needed??? let them work on the floor with the members for a taste. they might get some fire in their belly instead of those expensed lunches at teh firehouse, or piccrellis with labor reps.

there was a union meeting today discussing this at 228, and it sounded like the only one that was for it was jeff. everyone on the floor that i have talked to said no way, we would have to vote and it would fail. the only way we should pick up 400 is if they give up there charter then we will pick them up, otherwise, it does no one any good.

so do we get a vote?

From how it was just explained in a meeting today with Jeff Terry and Dave Dooley all elected and appointed and executive board members the votes in each three locals are seperate. If your local membership votes NO your local dont get in.

MEMBERSHIP HAS TO VOTE AND APPROVE EVERYTHING. (unless a local comes under reciement which could be a possible senerio long term at 228 if we keep loosing workers according to Jeff).

They can hold the bottom line at the local till the end of thier term thru cutting officers days but they would be very drastic like VP0 days Financial 1days and 1 Day recording.

If we loose more than 200 members it's really time to look at this option.

The BYLAWS would all be like clay we start from scrtach. No over inflated salaries.

From what the Committeman said Jeff and Dave are not supporting anything they are just talking about possiblities with 400 at the moment.

THERE ARE NO PURPOSALS YET!!!!

Basically, Locals 228 and 400 are looking for ways to get thier books in line with what the membership numbers are.

We are both in trouble..228 is in more immediate trouble but if 400 dont adjust they will start to see the same money issues we have had.

A Combination is one way to do it. NOT THE ONLY WAY.

The health and safety rep came up with the idea that we just share a building and have a retirement center at 400.

Most people in the room liked that idea. (because they are all elected or appointed)

They said 2280 is not open to the idea at all. Jeff also said our leaders and members should respect 2280 leaders wishes and drop them from the conversation.(just like I said, elected people wont let this happen, takes away thier cushy job)

I was not there but was just informed this as the meeting just got over.

There is alot of bad info floating around. (because politicans know how to stir the pot when there somthing that will hurt them especially the greedy tradesmen)

Sounds like this is going to be a long process if it ever happens. Like I said before:

THE POLITICANS WONT LET IT HAPPEN THEY CAN'T MOVE UP IF IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheEagle

Hey you 400 assholes!!! :happy feet: Where the fuck were you when VD was in trouble? Why the fuck would the people at VD want to have 400 and 228 run their Local into the ground the way they did their own. Those guys at 400 are selfish and greedy, how else can you explain their salaries. VD has new work and the sharks want in on it. Local 400 has promised their membership jobs on the east side and cant fulfill them. 300 people coming to VD is a LIE, and the assholes saying it are guaranteed losers in their election because when the smoke clears, the leadership at 400 will have some explaining to do. Good luck 400 and 228, elect new, honest leadership. Pinelli, AAI needs people, VD is getting RTBU's from there every week. Maybe you should give your membership good sound advice and steer them there. Its either there or the streets. Fuck you guys. You want a fight, bring that bullshit to VD.

ILL BET YOU ARE THE CHAIRMAN OR PRESIDENT of 2280 YOU GREEDY FUCKING BITCH.

Edited by TheEagle

there was a union meeting today discussing this at 228, and it sounded like the only one that was for it was jeff. everyone on the floor that i have talked to said no way, we would have to vote and it would fail. the only way we should pick up 400 is if they give up there charter then we will pick them up, otherwise, it does no one any good.

I heard from a committeman that Jeff and Dave are not for anything. Just talking...your info must be skewed, unless the afternoon committeman is lying to me?

i get the feeling that all this is a plant grab for 400. We can see the truth and it should be obvious to all of us what the deal is.

400 has to put people somewhere and they want VD

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Combining locals does not put in a transfer agreement so 400 and 228 people could not come in and bump you out. If you dont like the idea thats fine. I really dont care. You should speak intelligently and informed of actual facts though.

you know you take a extremely hostile tone with people who dislike your point of view calling them names.

i'm begining to wonder about your connections and your reasons for this. Maybe your 228's president and want to go somewhere and helping Joe Peters and 400 helps ya, or maybe he's a friend and buddy.

your quick to suggest, so maybe thats to hide your own position.

I dont know who you think I am?

but I am sick of not having Picnics,Shitty golf outings,no christmas for kids etc.....My kids went to all of that stuff...now we have a big building and we have to pay when we want to use it..!!!!!!

not true, why do your 400 officers make so much cash??

GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THATS WHY OTHER ELECTED PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RUN FOR OFFICE WONT ALLOW A VOTE, BECAUSE THEY WANT THE MONEY TOO!!!

AND WE AS MEMBERS ARE SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR ALL OF IT!!! THE PEOPLE IN THE UNION DONT CARE ABOUT US ANYMORE IT'S ALL LOOKED AT LIKE ONE BIG GRAVY TRAIN...I SEE THIS AS A WAY TO SCREW THE POLITICANS AND HELP THE MEMBERS AS LONG AS WE DONT ELECT GREEDY BITCHES I COULD CARE WHAT PLANT THEY COME FROM IT WILL EFFECT ME NONE , EXCEPT MAYBE GETTING SOME EVENTS BACK FOR THE KIDS :censored:

so its good that 400 wants to come in and take care of that $779,285 total liabilty you guys had at the end of the fiscal year 2007. Of course the mortgauge for that great building is $669,424

its not like your broke...

your local claims

membership 5,131

total assests $2,073,690

total reciepts $1,911,271

total disburse $1,832,400

so you guys increased your cash to $374,257 which doesn't indicate your broke, but thats not alot for 5,000 members. We have some $370,000 in cash for only 1,105 members (must be differnt ways of counting)

Now 400 has $800,000 in cash and can afford your liabilities.

our LOCAL HAS LIKE UNDER 2000 PEOPLE IN IT!! 5500???