Ford ready to reward workers with bonuses

tincup2b

Looks like Ford is going to give another round of bonuses to all employees again even though they did not make a profit. Although I would love to receive this bonus I don't think any of us should get it. This includes salary and hourly. Once we make a profit as a company again I am all for sharing the wealth through the profit sharing program again. But to reward everyone for trying but in the end failing again doesn't seem right to me. I think we all know why Ford is going to be giving bonuses to all employees again. In my opinion if they just were to give the bonuses to the upper management the union would cry foul, as well they should. By offering the bonuses to all employees this takes some of the sting out of the huge salary bonuses. Of course not all of salary will get the big paychecks like the upper management but never the less they will still get more than the union employees. If they are going to hand these bonuses out I think the amount should be the same across the board regardless of the job title you hold with the company. I know that some of you out there are going to rip me for this opinion but I'm sure it will be the ones from the management side that disagree.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...1014/BUSINESS01

Although I would love to receive this bonus I don't think any of us should get it. This includes salary and hourly. Once we make a profit as a company again I am all for sharing the wealth through the profit sharing program again. But to reward everyone for trying but in the end failing again doesn't seem right to me.

I agree 100%. I thought last years welfare checks were ridiculous, but to do it 2 years in a row is just insane. If we as a Company are not making any money, then why should anyone get a performance bonus? Performance bonuses should reward GOOD PERFORMANCE. Losing 10% market share in 7 years and not making any profit since 2004 don't indicate that we as a company have PERFORMED WELL.

This is obviously a thinly veiled bribe to the average UAW worker. A simple pittance to pacify the angst of the average grunt as the Board gives the top 200 officers unjustified bonuses.

Let us all celebrate, once we start making products that are irresistible to the average consumer.

When Ford becomes a contender again, let us all enjoy the spoils of victory. But for now, rewarding incompetence does nothing, other than to create a weak facade that we're better than we actually are. I think Mullaly has done a much better job than Jr. , but I don't agree with this portion of "Team Building".

Looks like Ford is going to give another round of bonuses to all employees again even though they did not make a profit. Although I would love to receive this bonus I don't think any of us should get it. This includes salary and hourly. Once we make a profit as a company again I am all for sharing the wealth through the profit sharing program again. But to reward everyone for trying but in the end failing again doesn't seem right to me.

I wonder if you would change your mind about recieving a bonus if it wre around say, 20,000.00 or so?

Like upper management.Like the guys that don't really need it. Although I'm sure a guy could always need to buy a bigger boat or two!

Looks like Ford is going to give another round of bonuses to all employees again even though they did not make a profit. Although I would love to receive this bonus I don't think any of us should get it. This includes salary and hourly. Once we make a profit as a company again I am all for sharing the wealth through the profit sharing program again. But to reward everyone for trying but in the end failing again doesn't seem right to me. I think we all know why Ford is going to be giving bonuses to all employees again. In my opinion if they just were to give the bonuses to the upper management the union would cry foul, as well they should. By offering the bonuses to all employees this takes some of the sting out of the huge salary bonuses. Of course not all of salary will get the big paychecks like the upper management but never the less they will still get more than the union employees. If they are going to hand these bonuses out I think the amount should be the same across the board regardless of the job title you hold with the company. I know that some of you out there are going to rip me for this opinion but I'm sure it will be the ones from the management side that disagree.

i agree 100%.......bonus' with no profit make no sense. leave it to ford.

You are :hysterical: I'm glad they are sharing the wealth with me. Top management will always get bonuses, so while they are passing checks out, I'll take one too.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

You are :hysterical: I'm glad they are sharing the wealth with me. Top management will always get bonuses, so while they are passing checks out, I'll take one too.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

They were supposed to lose 500mil and instead only lose 200mil...therfore they made a profit, because it was based on a budget of 1bil. :stirpot:

i agree and while we're at it since the company isnt making money we should all take a 10 dollar pay cut to help them out

it's no different the the government giving us a bonus next month, it helps stimulate the economy but maybe we shouldnt get those either because of the deficit the country already has.

...same trash as before...management gets their fat check and the line worker gets crumbs... :redcard:

EXACTLY!.. this company is wayyyyyyy in the red and profitability is when?..'09? ...all

speculation.... if not profitable by '09 bankruptcy may be the only way..........

i work in trim on b-crew at ktp. if you dont want your crumbs, i'll take it. enough crums will make a meal

People just like last year at our plant the hourly people got a average of 300 to 500 dollars. Most of the upper managment people recived 20000 dollars really close to the same between hourly and salary. And they wonder why the uaw and ford are having a hard time getting along that is a real kick the face to the people.

Now there is an article on Detroit Free Press (dated Feb. 21st) stating there was an error in reporting the original article on the 20th. I tried to open the article to read it but you have to be a member and if you are not a member they want you to purchase a membership. If anyone is a member or has access to the article from the 21st on this topic can you please post the content. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see what it sais. Thanks.

Now there is an article on Detroit Free Press (dated Feb. 21st) stating there was an error in reporting the original article on the 20th. I tried to open the article to read it but you have to be a member and if you are not a member they want you to purchase a membership. If anyone is a member or has access to the article from the 21st on this topic can you please post the content. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see what it sais. Thanks.

The error was just the length of service of the guy they had interviewed about the bonus.

Inter Office Labor Affairs

March 6, 2008

Division/Operations Human Resources Managers

Division/Operations Labor Relations Managers

Plant Human Resources Managers and Labor Relations Supervisors

Persons Designated by the Above

Subject: Special Lump Sum Performance Award For 2007

Eligible hourly employees will receive the Special Lump Sum Performance Award for 2007 of $1,000 on Thursday, March 13, 2008. This memo outlines the eligibility requirements, pay practices, and procedures for this payment. Please share these guidelines with your local Union leadership.