Duratec 35 in Fusion

silvermike

You can compensate for lack of torque through better gearing. Isn't the new car getting the 6 speed auto? Ask any 4v Cobra owner what better gearing does for their car.

Yea, Ford is going to gear the crap out of it just so it can keep with the competition and kill it's fuel economy.

I know what gears do for a car, as I've actually owned a car with a gear change, does anybody here actually now anything about how cars work othr than just regurgitating Ford pr???

Btw, the Fusion already has a 6 speed..

Edited by Blueblood

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torque is what you feel, it may not be far off second to last in power, but the 40-50 ft. lb. deficit in torque will be what's noticeable.

That torque deficuit can only be made up by going to the larger D35. It's in their hands, they can either do the right thing or go the way of the old Ford where mediocrity is acceptable. We've seen what that did to the company..

re read your own words...."torque deficit" and Mediocrity.....was takin the mickey....the M3;s torque is MISERABLE.....but that doesn't make it mediocre does it?

I know what gears do for a car, as I've actually owned a car with a gear change, does anybody here actually now anything about how cars work othr than just regurgitating Ford pr???

Btw, the Fusion already has a 6 speed..

I fix more cars in a month than you have ever owned in your life. PM me your cell number so I can call you for a consultation before I begin to fix one of my customers cars.

Edited by atomaro

I fix more cars in a month than you have ever owned in your life. PM me your cell number so I can call you for a consultation before I begin to fix one of my customers cars.

• All 2007 Ford Fusions that are Job 2 are 6 speeds. That includes the 4 cyl engine :stirpot:
  • Peak torque is useless, total useable area under the curve is the most important value.
  • Direct injection can be used to increase fuel economy or give max HP.

Doing it for max HP this is what you end up with. Keep in mind we most likely will not see Direct injection tuned for max HP in the fusion.

This info was pulled from Ford's concept cars spec sheets.

DI-3.0 can put out 250HP

DI-3.5 was measured at 285HP

DI-3.7 was measured at 300HP

Edited by Mackintire

• All 2007 Ford Fusions that are Job 2 are 6 speeds. That includes the 4 cyl engine :stirpot:
  • Peak torque is useless, total useable area under the curve is the most important value.
  • Direct injection can be used to increase fuel economy or give max HP.

Doing it for max HP this is what you end up with. Keep in mind we most likely will not see Direct injection tuned for max HP in the fusion.

This info was pulled from Ford's concept cars spec sheets.

DI-3.0 can put out 250HP

DI-3.5 was measured at 285HP

DI-3.7 was measured at 300HP

hopefully the 6 speed in the 4 will quell all the current complaints about its "Good Will hunting'...