Help finding an Explorer in inventory

Not sure if this is the forum to use, the employee "locate" seems to be dedicated to tracking vehicle orders. Living in the Chicago IL area, my local dealers aren't really enthused about running a locate on a vehicle, much less telling me where they found it. I realize that I could order an Explorer from scratch, but by the time it's built & delivered, the incentives will probably change. So, is there anyone that would run a locate on this package, I'm willing to go get it within a 1000 mile radius (nice 1 day drive) of 60137.

2008 Explorer XLT 4x2

ext color #1 Stone Green

#2 Black

Black cloth interior

4.6L V-8

Tow package

Sun & Sirius package.

Honestly, that's all I want on it. Not interested in the 3rd row seat, rear air, DVD, etc.

Probably a needle in the haystack, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks, HRG

Not sure if this is the forum to use, the employee "locate" seems to be dedicated to tracking vehicle orders. Living in the Chicago IL area, my local dealers aren't really enthused about running a locate on a vehicle, much less telling me where they found it. I realize that I could order an Explorer from scratch, but by the time it's built & delivered, the incentives will probably change. So, is there anyone that would run a locate on this package, I'm willing to go get it within a 1000 mile radius (nice 1 day drive) of 60137.

2008 Explorer XLT 4x2

ext color #1 Stone Green

#2 Black

Black cloth interior

4.6L V-8

Tow package

Sun & Sirius package.

Honestly, that's all I want on it. Not interested in the 3rd row seat, rear air, DVD, etc.

Thanks, HRG

Hi HRG. :D Go to LINK: Ford Direct.

Use the "Build Your Vehicle" to build your Explorer and then Search Dealer Inventory for it. The tools are simple to use.

Or just use the "Search Inventory" tool to search your local Dealers, or the Dealers in any ZIP Code in the United States.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi HRG. :D Go to LINK: Ford Direct.

Use the "Build Your Vehicle" to build your Explorer and then Search Dealer Inventory for it. The tools are simple to use.

Or just use the "Search Inventory" tool to search your local Dealers, or the Dealers in any ZIP Code in the United States.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I've tried that, with probably 50 or 60 different zip codes, in different states, with no luck so far. I'm hoping that someone with access to the "corporate" system will jump in.

Thanks, HRG

2008 Explorer XLT 4x2

ext color #1 Stone Green

#2 Black

Black cloth interior

4.6L V-8

Tow package

Sun & Sirius package.

Thanks, HRG

Having a few minutes this morning I ran a vehicle locate with your specifications using the Ford Vehicle Locator that dealers use to search inventory nationwide. Being the individual responsible for ordering all the stock inventory for my dealership in CT, let me share some observations about your specifications based on what we stock and sell in CT. We sell very few if any 2WD Explorer's and do not stock 2WD models at all. If a customer wants a 2WD we either locate it elsewhere and swap it in from another Dealer or order it from the factory with the customer's specifications. In addition, the XLT 4WD's are almost always equipped with the 4.0L V-6 as those wanting a V-8 with Trailer Tow usually are going to buy a Eddie Bauer with Leather Trim and other options. Black is always a color that sells but the new Stone Green is the least popular color at least in the Northeast.

Anyway, running a Vehicle Locate with your specifications results in NO matching vehicles anywhere in the United States. FYI... the Vehicle Locator is set to search all dealers inventory based on distance from my Dealership in increments of 300 Dealers closest to us. I can then increase the distance in additional increments of the next 300 Dealers, etc. The only vehicle I could find is the one listed below:

VIN #1FMEU63848UB00679

2008 Explorer XLT 2WD

MSRP = $30,000

Vapor Silver Clearcoat w/Black Cloth Sport Buckets

Order Code #125A

4.6L V-8

Job #3 Order

53G - Trailer Tow Package

60S - Sirius & Sun Group

872 - 50/50 Fold Flat 3rd Seat

96A - Convenience Group

SOLD TO: Lexington Park Ford Lincoln Mercury, 21575 Great Mills Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653

Vehicle Invoice Date: 03/11/2008

Original Dealer Order #M028

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. My advice would be to place a factory order with your specifications. The rebates are usually the strongest at the end of the model year as Ford wants to make sure that there are as few leftover's in inventory as possible when the new Model Year starts.

Having a few minutes this morning I ran a vehicle locate with your specifications using the Ford Vehicle Locator that dealers use to search inventory nationwide. Being the individual responsible for ordering all the stock inventory for my dealership in CT, let me share some observations about your specifications based on what we stock and sell in CT. We sell very few if any 2WD Explorer's and do not stock 2WD models at all. If a customer wants a 2WD we either locate it elsewhere and swap it in from another Dealer or order it from the factory with the customer's specifications. In addition, the XLT 4WD's are almost always equipped with the 4.0L V-6 as those wanting a V-8 with Trailer Tow usually are going to buy a Eddie Bauer with Leather Trim and other options. Black is always a color that sells but the new Stone Green is the least popular color at least in the Northeast.

Anyway, running a Vehicle Locate with your specifications results in NO matching vehicles anywhere in the United States. FYI... the Vehicle Locator is set to search all dealers inventory based on distance from my Dealership in increments of 300 Dealers closest to us. I can then increase the distance in additional increments of the next 300 Dealers, etc. The only vehicle I could find is the one listed below:

VIN #1FMEU63848UB00679

2008 Explorer XLT 2WD

MSRP = $30,000

Vapor Silver Clearcoat w/Black Cloth Sport Buckets

Order Code #125A

4.6L V-8

Job #3 Order

53G - Trailer Tow Package

60S - Sirius & Sun Group

872 - 50/50 Fold Flat 3rd Seat

96A - Convenience Group

SOLD TO: Lexington Park Ford Lincoln Mercury, 21575 Great Mills Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653

Vehicle Invoice Date: 03/11/2008

Original Dealer Order #M028

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. My advice would be to place a factory order with your specifications. The rebates are usually the strongest at the end of the model year as Ford wants to make sure that there are as few leftover's in inventory as possible when the new Model Year starts.

Ice-Capades, thank you for taking the time to run the nationwide locate. HRG

• 1 year later...
Ice-Capades, thank you for taking the time to run the nationwide locate. HRG

All right, I know this is a long shot but... Im hoping ice-capades (or anyone else) can give me the same kind of assistance as above.

Like ice capades Im in New Haven County, CT.

I'm Looking for a 2009 Sport Trac, Adrenalin package, with the V-8, exterior color black. Had no luck with the inventory search option. im willing to take a day's drive to locate one. I'm starting to wonder if i should give up the search for the 2009 model year and just wait for the 2010. any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I would have it built my way....and wait for the 2010 model year.

Also....locate an employee on here and get X plan (no hassle) pricing plus you still get all the rebates....unless you take special financing in leu of rebates. Don't settle for less than what you want. No need to over pay for a vehicle going out of production.

All right, I know this is a long shot but... Im hoping ice-capades (or anyone else) can give me the same kind of assistance as above.

I'm Looking for a 2009 Sport Trac, Adrenalin package, with the V-8, exterior color black. Had no luck with the inventory search option. im willing to take a day's drive to locate one. I'm starting to wonder if i should give up the search for the 2009 model year and just wait for the 2010. any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

We have a loaded, 2009 Explorer Sport Trac, V8, Adrenalin in Black that is due to arrive at the Dealership within the next week. I'll get the full specifications when I'm back in the office this morning. I believe that this vehicle was also ordered with the DVD Navigation System.

We have a loaded, 2009 Explorer Sport Trac, V8, Adrenalin in Black that is due to arrive at the Dealership within the next week. I'll get the full specifications when I'm back in the office this morning. I believe that this vehicle was also ordered with the DVD Navigation System.

I have read about people looking for a specific automobile. One place that I go is to www.vast.com and I'm able to search nationwide for a specific truck or car. I did a search there on what HotRunrGuy is looking for and I realize that it has been over a year since it was posted, but I found 5 models of what HotRunrGuy was looking for.

Here is the direct link.

http://www.vast.com/cars/used-for-sale-For...Cyl/color-Green

You can do that for many other cars. The other place to look is at www.autotrader.com. I find this one not as good as vast.com, but it give you another place to look.

Good luck shopping.

I would greatly appreciate that, thanks! (For what it's worth, I def. did not want the DVD nav. system.)

I have read about people looking for a specific automobile. One place that I go is to www.vast.com and I'm able to search nationwide for a specific truck or car. I did a search there on what HotRunrGuy is looking for and I realize that it has been over a year since it was posted, but I found 5 models of what HotRunrGuy was looking for.

Here is the direct link.

http://www.vast.com/cars/used-for-sale-For...Cyl/color-Green

You can do that for many other cars. The other place to look is at www.autotrader.com. I find this one not as good as vast.com, but it give you another place to look.

Good luck shopping.

We're discussing new 2009 Explorer Sport Trac's, not used!

I would greatly appreciate that, thanks! (For what it's worth, I def. did not want the DVD nav. system.)

The vehicle has been produced and is awaiting shipping which should be shortly. I am almost certain that I ordered it with the DVD Navigation System. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the vehicle invoice as we had someone in from Ford today and I got sidetracked with several other matters before I left the office. The vehicle was invoiced on June 2nd but is not availble yet through the Ford Vehicle Locator. I'm out of the office until Monday and will have the vehicle specifications and pricing then.

The vehicle has been produced and is awaiting shipping which should be shortly. I am almost certain that I ordered it with the DVD Navigation System. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the vehicle invoice as we had someone in from Ford today and I got sidetracked with several other matters before I left the office. The vehicle was invoiced on June 2nd but is not availble yet through the Ford Vehicle Locator. I'm out of the office until Monday and will have the vehicle specifications and pricing then.

Cool, thanks Ice-capades. Again, I really appreciate it. I did check out vast.com, as well. I'm glad I found this forum, thanks to everyone for all of the help.

Cool, thanks Ice-capades. Again, I really appreciate it. I did check out vast.com, as well. I'm glad I found this forum, thanks to everyone for all of the help.

The 2009 Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD that is in transit is equipped as follows:

UA-Black Clearcoat

MW-Black Monotone Leather Heated Buckets

998-4.6L SOHC 3V V8

6-Speed Automatic Transmission

Order Code #340A

422-California/Green States Emissions

439-Power Moonroof

50R-Remote Start System

53G-Trailer Tow Package, Class III/I4

55L-Limited Convenience Package

58Q-Navigation System

67D-Adrenalin Package

MSRP = $42,915.00

I've provided all the information you requested regarding your search for a loaded, 2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin in Black equipped with the 4.6L V-8. I ordered the vehicle with the DVD Navigation System that you replied you weren't interested in. It seems like Murphy's Law in the sense that whatever a customer says they want, they want something else than what's availble. Even so, it would be nice to get a reply message considering I've done everything possible but deliver the vehicle to your driveway. Sorry to sound disappointed but I spend a lot of time at BON trying to help people find the vehicles they're interested in or provide updated factory information.

This just seems like another unappreciated effort to try to help other BON members. Sorry to vent my frustrations here to the general memberships but it gets very frustrating when I try to help someone and they can't bother to reply. The overall experience really makes one wonder why trying to help is worth the bother.

I've provided all the information you requested regarding your search for a loaded, 2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin in Black equipped with the 4.6L V-8. I ordered the vehicle with the DVD Navigation System that you replied you weren't interested in. It seems like Murphy's Law in the sense that whatever a customer says they want, they want something else than what's availble. Even so, it would be nice to get a reply message considering I've done everything possible but deliver the vehicle to your driveway. Sorry to sound disappointed but I spend a lot of time at BON trying to help people find the vehicles they're interested in or provide updated factory information.

This just seems like another unappreciated effort to try to help other BON members. Sorry to vent my frustrations here to the general memberships but it gets very frustrating when I try to help someone and they can't bother to reply. The overall experience really makes one wonder why trying to help is worth the bother.

Please do not take my delay in getting back to you as being "unappreciated." I attempted to reply twice today, but the forum was down both times (or at least would not load on my computer.) I work the graveyard (midnight) shift and try to fit sleep in where I can. I greatly appreciate all of the leg work you have done. Please just exercise a little patience with those of us that do not have computers & internet access available at all times. You told me late last week that you would be gone until Monday. I checked back on here as soon as I could. Below is the copy + pasted message I attempted to submit earlier:

sounds great! let me know when it arrives so I can check it out!

Please do not take my delay in getting back to you as being "unappreciated." I attempted to reply twice today, but the forum was down both times (or at least would not load on my computer.) I work the graveyard (midnight) shift and try to fit sleep in where I can. I greatly appreciate all of the leg work you have done. Please just exercise a little patience with those of us that do not have computers & internet access available at all times. You told me late last week that you would be gone until Monday. I checked back on here as soon as I could. Below is the copy + pasted message I attempted to submit earlier:

sounds great! let me know when it arrives so I can check it out!

Thanks! It just gets frustrating so many times spending a lot of time trying to help people get the right information or vehicles they want and then often never jear back from them. Thanks again for writing... yesterday was another 12+ hour work day!

Thanks! It just gets frustrating so many times spending a lot of time trying to help people get the right information or vehicles they want and then often never jear back from them. Thanks again for writing... yesterday was another 12+ hour work day!

No worries; ive been pulling doubles at work as well, I can relate. Any ETA on the Sport Trac to your facility?

No worries; ive been pulling doubles at work as well, I can relate. Any ETA on the Sport Trac to your facility?

Hi! I just checked the vehicle status in Vehicle Visibility again but it's still showing "Awaiting Shipment" at Louisville Assembly. Unfortunately, the staus has not changed since June 15th. The plant is closed next week (6/29) for vacation and down the following week (7/6) so unless it gets moved off the plant lot by the end of the week it may be stuck for the two weeks vacation/down time. I'll post an update as soon as there's some movement.

Thanks!

Edited by ice-capades

Hi! I just checked the vehicle status in Vehicle Visibility again but it's still showing "Awaiting Shipment" at Louisville Assembly. Unfortunately, the staus has not changed since JUne 15th. THe plant is closed next week (6/29) for vacation and down the following week (7/6) so unless it gets moved off the plany lot by the end of the week it may be stuck for the two weeks vacation/down time. I'll post an update as soon as there's some movement.

Thanks!

good deal. thanks!

good deal. thanks!

Good news for a change! The 2009 Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD w/Adrenalin Package was off the plant property by Friday afternoon before the 2 week vacation/down period started. As of late last night the vehicle was in Ohio and should arrive at it's Selkirk, NY ramp within the next week. I'll post additional updates as they become available.

Good news for a change! The 2009 Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD w/Adrenalin Package was off the plant property by Friday afternoon before the 2 week vacation/down period started. As of late last night the vehicle was in Ohio and should arrive at it's Selkirk, NY ramp within the next week. I'll post additional updates as they become available.

Arrived at Syracuse. NY last night at 8pm.