GM April Sales Down 22.7%

NickF1011

Sales Numbers: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/..._Deliveries.pdf

Press Release: http://www.gm.com/corporate/investor_information/sales_prod/

-Retail Car Sales Up 6 Percent

-Chevrolet Car Retail Sales Up 24 Percent Led By a 147 Percent Increase in Malibu, 17 Percent Rise in Cobalt, 13 Percent Increase in Aveo and -8 Percent Hike in Impala Sales

-Pontiac Retail Car Sales Up 6 Percent With a 39 Percent Increase in Vibe, 3 Percent Climb in G5 and G6 Sales

-Buick Retail Trucks Up 32 Percent Led By 4,000 Enclave Crossover Sales

------------------------------------------------------

Malibu - 17,020

G8 - 2,126 (Why does Ford need to be chasing this segment again??)

Silverado - 37,231 - Down 24.7%

Edited by NickF1011

So they can have another platform to talk to the radio and place LEDs that change color in random locations.

Thats fine with me, as long as they keep the speedometer off the windshield and keep the car from yelling out directions.

Edited by suv_guy_19

They set a goal of 30K for these, which equates to 2500/mo. This ain't shabby, especially considering that they have to import them all.

Exactly. They set a goal of 30K, which is EXTREMELY low. GM isn't going to make a dime on any G8 they sell, I guarantee. (The G8 already has $1000 in customer loyalty cash on it too.)

Exactly. They set a goal of 30K, which is EXTREMELY low. GM isn't going to make a dime on any G8 they sell, I guarantee. (The G8 already has $1000 in customer loyalty cash on it too.)

I don't think they expect to, especially now that the dollar has fallen so much since the car was announced. But in the interest of introducing driving excitement back to the brand, something that had been sorely lacking, 30K cars can go a long way, especially if they intend to move production to this side of the Pacific in the future.

Plus, I think 30K was the most that they could afford to import at the time.

Oh yeah... that customer loyalty deal applies to just about every GM model except the Corvette.

Sales Numbers: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/..._Deliveries.pdf

Press Release: http://www.gm.com/corporate/investor_information/sales_prod/

-Retail Car Sales Up 6 Percent

-Chevrolet Car Retail Sales Up 24 Percent Led By a 147 Percent Increase in Malibu, 17 Percent Rise in Cobalt, 13 Percent Increase in Aveo and -8 Percent Hike in Impala Sales

-Pontiac Retail Car Sales Up 6 Percent With a 39 Percent Increase in Vibe, 3 Percent Climb in G5 and G6 Sales

-Buick Retail Trucks Up 32 Percent Led By 4,000 Enclave Crossover Sales

------------------------------------------------------

Malibu - 17,020

G8 - 2,126 (Why does Ford need to be chasing this segment again??)

Silverado - 37,231 - Down 24.7%

Car sales are up, truck sales are down.....

Gas prices I guess............ :poke:

Malibu is doing good, its just that the Aura is flopping and the left over W bodies are dead weight.

Also, GM's compact crossovers are selling like $!#!#. The big ones are nice, but they need true Escape/CRV competition.

The G8 will be as much of a hit as the last GTO, but a good car.

Oh yeah... that customer loyalty deal applies to just about every GM model except the Corvette.

Oh, I know it applies to most of their vehicles, but if the G8 was as hard to get your hands on as some claim, I doubt they'd be offering any sort of cash on it.

Oh, I know it applies to most of their vehicles, but if the G8 was as hard to get your hands on as some claim, I doubt they'd be offering any sort of cash on it.

Yeah, normally high demand vehicles don't have those offers (which is why the Vette is excluded).

Yeah, normally high demand vehicles don't have those offers (which is why the Vette is excluded).

I'm actually more surprised that the Corvette DOESN'T have loyalty cash (at least the non-Z06s) and the G8 DOES. Vette sales are trending downward.

I'm actually more surprised that the Corvette DOESN'T have loyalty cash (at least the non-Z06s) and the G8 DOES. Vette sales are trending downward.

Hmmm...Out of curiousity, I checked Chevy's rebates for my region and the Vette does have $1,000 cash back.

In fairness Nick, when you look on the Ponitac site the offers range from

$4,500 for the '08 Grand Prix down to $1,000 for the G8 - it's the smallest amount.

I think Pontiac is feeling the pinch and felt they had to offer something on all cars,

probably psychological inducement for G8 buyers.

Pontiac Cash back offer

This would have to be the worst possible time to launch a V6 & V8 performance sedan

and they still sold over 2,000 of them without heavy discounts!!!!

There is no doubt that a RWD Ford sedan with Ecoboost V6 would outsell the G8 by a wide margin.

If not a Falcon, perhaps a RWD Fusion sold as an SVT.

Edited by jpd80