Question for OHAP (Avon Lake Plant)

gary112

Jester is right the work is not what you guys are accustomed to.

We had Brookparker's working in Lorain, and all they wanted to do was return home. They were held captive for two years or more, but then finally got paroled.

Think of Avon this way.

Newer facility then Lorain, same product as Lorain, heavier workload then Lorain.

It's hard work, and if you have no intention on working hard, and focusing on quality then there is no place for you here.

Other then that most are friendly, and we have welcomed people from all over the Ford system.

You are right, a few years back when the Brookpark people went to Lorain, they did want to return home. Every one was forced to go to Lorain after the Avon workers came to Brookpark. When you are forced to go somewhere you don't want to go, some may have a attitude. But the thing that is different this time is that Brookpark workers are signing to go to Avon. And the ones that are signing are the ones who did work in Lorain. So we know what to expect this time. We know the work isn't easy, but either is the Casting Plant. And that's where everyone is coming from. We, like everyone else have families, car payments and mortgages. And if someone want to make money, you have to work for it. There is no such thing as a free ride. Just hope that the union is better in Avon then it was in Lorain. From what I hear, Lorain didn't have much of a union. Kind of like Ford was "Bill C." and the union was "Monica"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are right, a few years back when the Brookpark people went to Lorain, they did want to return home. Every one was forced to go to Lorain after the Avon workers came to Brookpark. When you are forced to go somewhere you don't want to go, some may have a attitude. But the thing that is different this time is that Brookpark workers are signing to go to Avon. And the ones that are signing are the ones who did work in Lorain. So we know what to expect this time. We know the work isn't easy, but either is the Casting Plant. And that's where everyone is coming from. We, like everyone else have families, car payments and mortgages. And if someone want to make money, you have to work for it. There is no such thing as a free ride. Just hope that the union is better in Avon then it was in Lorain. From what I hear, Lorain didn't have much of a union. Kind of like Ford was "Bill C." and the union was "Monica"

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The sign up is already posted at Brookpark. Like it or not, we are coming. We had to accept over 200 Avon lake employees who transferred to Brookpark in 2001. If they would of stayed their asses there, we wouldn't have to come. Oh, by the way, if you look pissed off when we get there, keep in mind, we are more pissed than you! And, a lot of us have more seniority than Avon people.

Look,we have already gone through a huge plant consolidation.Since then we have received people from all over the place.I doubt you will see very many people with a pissed off look on their face .This is the way it is and its the way its going to be.Hell,we probably wont even know if you've been here or you just got here,thats how many knew faces are here.Relax and thank God you get to transfer and not get laid off.

And if you should get some bad looks,give it about a month or two and you'll probably be best buddies.We just had our elections and our new reps.are people from various plants.We are local 2000.All of us.And we are in this together.I live in vermilion and was just 5 minutes from the Lorain plant.Now it takes me 30 minutes to get to Avon lk..No big deal. I got a job and my family is fed .

I'm more worried about gas prices,the housing slump and the cost of living.The last thing I'm worried about is who's working next to me.

Congratulations to all our new elected officials,and God bless us all.

A few years ago they sent me to Lorain for 6 months. The place was a hell hole. Was hoping Avon was a little better than that. There is a lot of Bullshit going on at Brookpark. Elections were today and tomorrow. Hopefully the current administration gets booted. None of them are worth a shit. No representation whatsoever. They are Ford Mangement head bobbers.
Welcome to OHAP.Then you will feel at home here.The U.A.W.is going bottom up and the problem is not all in Detroit.

What Dale said!

Iheard last nite that 40 people would be coming from Brookpark.That this was just a start.What about the promises to the T.F.T'S.Didn't someons write that the G.E.N.and flowbacks would have to be dealt with first?If the incoming build up jobs are manned by 14dollar an hour folk then the workers on the line will never see the good build up jobs again.What's wrong with this picture .We will never get off the line.

Iheard last nite that 40 people would be coming from Brookpark.That this was just a start.What about the promises to the T.F.T'S.Didn't someons write that the G.E.N.and flowbacks would have to be dealt with first?If the incoming build up jobs are manned by 14dollar an hour folk then the workers on the line will never see the good build up jobs again.What's wrong with this picture .We will never get off the line.

There are still good jobs left, and traditional employees are not going to except low tier wages which is what the newly in sourced work has been negotiated to be. Although once these jobs are vacated, traditional rate members would also be able to bid them.. We have no Core/Non-Core distinctions in our contract, it's the employee that carries the low tier wage not the job. Later you will be able to bid these build up jobs, and still preform the work at traditional rate.

I hope this clear things up.

Edited by Furious1Auto

40 of us will be there Monday Morning at 8AM.

There are still good jobs left, and traditional employees are not going to except low tier wages which is what the newly in sourced work has been negotiated to be. Although once these jobs are vacated, traditional rate members would also be able to bid them.. We have no Core/Non-Core distinctions in our contract, it's the employee that carries the low tier wage not the job. Later you will be able to bid these build up jobs, and still preform the work at traditional rate.

I hope this clear things up.

appreciate your response,however heard that insourced jobs are to stay as new rate period.

appreciate your response,however heard that insourced jobs are to stay as new rate period.

Forget what you heard, I am citing the New National contract. There is no Core/Non-Core designation, the low tier wage goes with the employee not the job. At least until Ford reaches their 20% cap, and the low tier can grow in to the traditional rate through attrition.

Edited by Furious1Auto

:censored::censored::censored:

gary112 you better get use to that kind of shit...that's all those morons in Avon know. They are the whinningest bunch of assholes in the whole Ford system!!!

If you don't plan on coming to work on a world class vehicle instead of sitting on your ass, you should of taken the buyout! :censored::censored::censored::censored:

:censored::censored::censored:

If you don't plan on coming to work on a world class vehicle instead of sitting on your ass, you should of taken the buyout! :censored::censored::censored::censored:

you wrote "If you don't plan on coming to work on a world class vehicle instead of sitting on your ass," What the hell does that statement mean? If you don't plan on coming to work, you are sitting on your ass. The word "instead" does not make any sense. Now if you drop the word "don't" it would make sense also. How can you work on a world class vehicle when you don't know how to write a simple sentence?

you wrote "If you don't plan on coming to work on a world class vehicle instead of sitting on your ass," What the hell does that statement mean? If you don't plan on coming to work, you are sitting on your ass. The word "instead" does not make any sense. Now if you drop the word "don't" it would make sense also. How can you work on a world class vehicle when you don't know how to write a simple sentence?

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot: You know exactly what I'm talking about, I know you understood my statement. Gary, like I said stay in Brookpark unless you are not ready to work. Now what part of this statement DON'T you understand. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot: You know exactly what I'm talking about, I know you understood my statement. Gary, like I said stay in Brookpark unless you are not ready to work. Now what part of this statement DON'T you understand. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

By putting the brookpark workers on the "running jobs" remember this the day shift guy will have to do it. and when not if the brookpark workers go back to brookpark you guys will still have to do those "running jobs " that u want to load up for the BP workers. It might be funny now but think about a year or 3 from now when the BP worker is working in a temperature controlled plant and u got those running jobs and 100 degree heat with no fans.

Think before u fuck somebody's job "life"up. Dont overload the jobs the job they cut "eliminate" might one day be yours.

And the engine plant work is not easy like u think it is. There is alot of carpeltunnel in there. Putting 9 screws in in 40 seconds is not a country club job. Having said that it's better then any assembly plant.

I've always said the assembly plant workers should make at least 10% more then the part component plants, engine,stamping transmission ect.ect.

Edited by CSMJ

By putting the brookpark workers on the "running jobs" remember this the day shift guy will have to do it. and when not if the brookpark workers go back to brookpark you guys will still have to do those "running jobs " that u want to load up for the BP workers. It might be funny now but think about a year or 3 from now when the BP worker is working in a temperature controlled plant and u got those running jobs and 100 degree heat with no fans.

Think before u fuck somebody's job "life"up. Dont overload the jobs the job they cut "eliminate" might one day be yours.

And the engine plant work is not easy like u think it is. There is alot of carpeltunnel in there. Putting 9 screws in in 40 seconds is not a country club job. Having said that it's better then any assembly plant.

I've always said the assembly plant workers should make at least 10% more then the part component plants, engine,stamping transmission ect.ect.

I don't even understand why you guys are coming! With the cost of fuel rising, our orders are dropping. By fall we will end up knocking off a shift, and even the people we have currently will be in JSP. So you guys will transfer here, just to get laid off and report to our JSP instead of Brookpark's JSP WTF! Same pay, only you will pay more in gas and travel time to receive it!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I don't even understand why you guys are coming! With the cost of fuel rising, our orders are dropping. By fall we will end up knocking off a shift, and even the people we have currently will be in JSP. So you guys will transfer here, just to get laid off and report to our JSP instead of Brookpark's JSP WTF! Same pay, only you will pay more in gas and travel time to receive it!

Hey Furious how did you hear that we are going to one shift in the Fall?

We are coming there because we have to not because we want to. CEP #1 will be launchng later this year and we will come back to BP. Our jobs at Avon are temporary unlike over 200 Avon people who bolted to Brookpark in 2001.

I always found it hard to understand someone when they are writing on a 2nd grade level.

We are coming there because we have to not because we want to. CEP #1 will be launchng later this year and we will come back to BP. Our jobs at Avon are temporary unlike over 200 Avon people who bolted to Brookpark in 2001.

you can stay at avon if you choose. your there permanently until ford offers you to go back to bk.

lets not forget the ones in lorain who stayed there when ford brought achers from sandusky 3 years ago. you never know it may happen again because sandusky is closing and the ford people have to get out so ford may move them to bk when the 400 jobs open up. it can happen as it already has in 04.

the 184 came to bk for the same reason you went to avon they were forced and so what if 160 are still here its all legal contracyual so stop bitching you cant change it!!!!!!! :finger: