Seeking info about KTP

We were told when we got back Monday the order bank was around 30,000-the lowest ever...and it's only going to get worse....

It will be almost impossible to get a "real" number. They stopped taking orders on 2008's several weeks ago. Noone knows what the 2009 orders are yet.

We were told when we got back Monday the order bank was around 30,000-the lowest ever...and it's only going to get worse....

Order bank reported at the union meeting is 42,111, which was told at the union meeting to be about the same as a month ago. Stop listening to the idiots,that includes the doom and gloom committee people.

We will probably be slow most of this year. Last quarter will probably start to see a up tick in orders. Most rational people predicted that the first half of this year would be slow and then pick up in the second half.

The best thing we can do is a quality job,and give out your alotted X-plan pins,i've already gave out 5 this year alone. Plus a A-plan pin last fall. With the latest news of our quality on par with Honda and Toyota,many people are starting to give our vehicles a look.

There are people out there looking for X-plan pins that are buying Fords for the first time. Thats very promising for our future. Ok i'm getting off the soap box,i'm more a glass half full person than half empty :shades:

Edited by rc38

I heard that it went up a couple thousand while we was off. I'll ask committee man tonight when he comes around.

Here is a letter the Chairman put out tody

I have been trying hard to stay ahead of the rumors circulating throughout the plant by providing accurate information to the membership. These rumors mostly concern possible down weeks and line speed changes. At this point we feel certain that we will be down the week of 6/2/2008 with the possibility of an additional down week in June. Even though the order bank has stayed consistently around forty thousand units, the type of trucks being ordered is changing dramatically. To adapt to market conditions and the customer's needs the company will begin to temporarily tag relieve chassis 1 and frame 1.

It has also been rumored that we will lose a shift. The projected schedule through the remainder of the year is for two shifts with one tentative down week a month. This is only a rumor and I want you to know that your bargaining committee will do everything possible to protect every job at KTP.

Scott Eskridge

Building Chairman

Kentucky Truck Plant

Here is a letter the Chairman put out tody

I have been trying hard to stay ahead of the rumors circulating throughout the plant by providing accurate information to the membership. These rumors mostly concern possible down weeks and line speed changes. At this point we feel certain that we will be down the week of 6/2/2008 with the possibility of an additional down week in June. Even though the order bank has stayed consistently around forty thousand units, the type of trucks being ordered is changing dramatically. To adapt to market conditions and the customer's needs the company will begin to temporarily tag relieve chassis 1 and frame 1.

It has also been rumored that we will lose a shift. The projected schedule through the remainder of the year is for two shifts with one tentative down week a month. This is only a rumor and I want you to know that your bargaining committee will do everything possible to protect every job at KTP.

Scott Eskridge

Building Chairman

Kentucky Truck Plant

One thing i would like to add. Like him or not,Scott has been pretty stand up so far. His job is not a easy one at this time for sure.

Edited by rc38

One thing i would like to add. Like him or not,Scott has been pretty stand up so far. His job is not a easy one at this time for sure.

Wow your Chairman at KTP, put out a letter addressing the rumors, and giving the membership up to date info....what a concept. Question, how much of you work is for the diesel truck at KTP?Question of the day, who sees diesel prices coming down? :shrug:

Wow your Chairman at KTP, put out a letter addressing the rumors, and giving the membership up to date info....what a concept. Question, how much of you work is for the diesel truck at KTP?Question of the day, who sees diesel prices coming down? :shrug:

it's getting close to election time

The majority of the trucks we run are diesel units, I would guess them to be about 70% of our orders.