Ford Quality

karalm

So have to ask this question and get insight by this Forum feedback on your Mustang quality. Everybody knows or has tracked their pony as it went through the factory since it is well documented and Commander K has helped all! Just got this info from him specifically:

Heard back from the plant today... Happy Birthday! Your pony was born last night!

1ZVFT85H965221670

Receipt Date: 2/22/2006

Serialize Date: 2/23/2006

Segment Date: 2/23/2006

Sequence Date: 3/3/2006

Blend Date: 3/10/2006

Produced Date: 3/20/2006

Gate Release Date: 3/20/2006

Ship Date: 3/20/2006

Arrival Date: 3/31/2006 at the Train Station, Now I need the car hauler to bring it to the dealer, This is killing me having to wait!

Sold Date: ~~~4/7/2006, I'm told if all goes right......???

With this known and all out there also knowing their date of birth for their ponies, how does the old addage stack up on cars made on Monday and/or Friday's (or any other day for that matter) :):( :blink: :shrug:

How about a quick census?? :rockon: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Mine a 06' Black GT Vert w/ Lt Graphite leather, 18" bullits, wheel lock and theft (It's hard to keep things out here in So Cal) and I cannot wait to tag this pony w/ a CAI kit and tune for additional puff of power.

Edited by karalm

It's funny you should ask. :lol2: I would've swore my '95 Mustang was a Monday/Friday car before I even had the confirmation (build date: Friday, April 28, 1995). The car should've been a yard mule, IMO. It came from the factory with an array of V6 parts (it's a GT) and that fact didn't surface until we started modifying the car in 1998 (I bought it new in January 1996).

By contrast, after working in a plant, I feel the Monday/Friday thing is more of a myth than anything. No matter where you go, workers are *always* tired and dread Mondays. This could be McDonalds, Sears Hardware, Ford Motor Company...........it's pretty much the same across the board. The Friday issue is the fact that everyone wants to get started with their weekend (again, the same no matter where you work). I always envisioned a bunch of hungover folks coming in on a Monday, or folksworking way too fast on a Friday, but that just isn't the case. My Friday car myth was disspelled when I started at OHAP in 2003.

P.S. Myth or not, I still refer to that '95 as a Friday car. :happy feet:

Congrats on your '06! How exciting that must be!

Both the one that got returned and the one I'm driving got built on SATURDAY. AAI has been on 6 days for a long time now I guess due to mustang backlog. Aside from the undercoating question in front of rear wheels, Id say they did a pretty fine job on mine - only assembly questions would have been drivers side alignments of bumpers- this one had bumper out a bit on both ends, I aligned the front when I had the fenders off, the rear I'll mess with this summer. I have (still) one rear spring insulator sitting off its pedestal crushed under the coilspring- VERY obviously was not installed right, found one small scratch in the door between fender/door- by mirror- looks like some kind of handling clamp grabs there(pass door only scratched), and thats all Ive seen so far anyways- but Ive been over it fairly close.

biggest suprise I noticed with fenders off- i'm amazed the green/grey primer dont show at the 'a' pillar/fender junction- I mean the paint JUST stops there on mine- both sides. so close you'd think it would show, but it dont. Found one tiny speck of something in the paint, but paintwise I'd give them an A+. Fit and finish(except rubber bumpers) excellent, but I was impressed that fenders have NO shims, and very little bolt clearance- and lined up near perfect- good job Ford!

I do think it was a friday when car #1 was dropped off- complete with its crunched quarter/wing/decklid...maybe the carhauler guy was in a hurry to get home? He did seem upset damage estimate/paperwork was taking so long...

Gentleman,

Thanks for the initial takes and commentary on factory build day vs. quality. :bowdown: :happy feet: :rockon:

My hope is that since I posted, approx. 1075 people have viewed and either have had no problems or like reading the comments.

Others,

Please post your observations/comment on quality if you know your build day in the factory. God knows with all those posts and requests for pony build days and commanders K's steller reputation for addressing, I'm sure more of you have opinions on this subject.

Edited by karalm

Gentleman,

Thanks for the initial takes and commentary on factory build day vs. quality. :bowdown: :happy feet: :rockon:

My hope is that since I posted, approx. 48 people have viewed and either have had no problems or like reading the comments.

Others,

Please post your observations/comment on quality if you know your build day in the factory. God knows with all those posts and requests for pony build days and commanders K's steller reputation for addressing, I'm sure more of you have opinions on this subject.

I wish I could chime in with an observation on my '03 GT Vert. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a way to find out these dates in archives. If I had to guess, though, I'd say my baby was one of those days based on some of the flaws. :lol2: :huh:

I wish I could chime in with an observation on my '03 GT Vert. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a way to find out these dates in archives. If I had to guess, though, I'd say my baby was one of those days based on some of the flaws. :lol2: :huh:

There should be stamps/stickers located in various spots on your Mustang. There *may* be a date stamped into the fender (I found mine there) as well as under your hood insulation. I dunno how much has changed since 1995, but I'm sure the dates have to be located somewhere on the car.

I'm 99% sure it's on the window sticker as well. I know for certain that the original spot I found mine was the shipping sheet.

Once you find the date, just go to an online perpetual calendar if you need to. You can click what year you need, and that year will automatically display. :)

There should be stamps/stickers located in various spots on your Mustang. There *may* be a date stamped into the fender (I found mine there) as well as under your hood insulation. I dunno how much has changed since 1995, but I'm sure the dates have to be located somewhere on the car.

I'm 99% sure it's on the window sticker as well. I know for certain that the original spot I found mine was the shipping sheet.

Once you find the date, just go to an online perpetual calendar if you need to. You can click what year you need, and that year will automatically display. :)

Well, now. According to the date on the sticker, my car was finished on a Wednesday. However, there are some traits of a Friday car. Go figure. :lol2:

What can I say, though...I still like my '03 GT Vert. :happy feet:

I was just thinking...seems I read it takes 2 days from buck to final checks, and some might sit for final if held up for any reason, but I think the build date shown is the day it rolls thru final, or out the gate...

then theres all the subassemblies from various plants/vendors/countries...I really doubt anyone (possibly not even Kzinti) could ever know 'what day it was painted/what day the dash assembly went in/what day the tire was mounted on the wheel' type of stuff, so I'm kinda thinking trying to measure quality against build day on paperwork might be like trying to read voltage with a tape measure...

Ford 4V,

Good point on the timing issue and I like the analogy. :rolleyes:

From buck to Final........Two days is pretty quick if it happens this way but how about this, it starts on Friday to Sat and finishes on Monday for a posting of having come out of assembly on that Monday (which I think is how it is measured), Do you think it fairs any better or worst in this scenario vs. mid-week cars? ;)

Thanks to all who have given their takes on this subject.

If all goes well, tomorrow might be the day I get the call from the dealer on my Black GT Vert. :happy feet: :happy feet:

My railcar came in last Friday and I am now waiting for the car hauler to bring it to the dealer lot. We will put serious miles on it right away (80 miles / day in commuting) and see how the quality of the product stands for a late Thur to Monday build. More to come!

My 'Stang was built on a Wednesday, and not a single problem yet!!! :happy feet:

Well, mine have been very minor so far. Just noticed that the washer fluid drips from the bottom of the reservoir or something after running the car. Only like 10 drops after parking and turning off. Will have the service shop check while she's in for service. Also having them replace two rubber weatherstrip pieced on the convertible top where the passenger window makes contact when closed. Have had some trickling there. :shrug: :burnout:

Well, mine have been very minor so far. Just noticed that the washer fluid drips from the bottom of the reservoir or something after running the car. Only like 10 drops after parking and turning off. Will have the service shop check while she's in for service. Also having them replace two rubber weatherstrip pieced on the convertible top where the passenger window makes contact when closed. Have had some trickling there. :shrug: :burnout:

Sure it's not just condensation from the AC compressor? My Mustang doesn't seem to do it, but my Mazda and my mom's Avalon always leave a pool of water on the asphalt after parking it if the AC or defroster were on. Pretty common.....

Sure it's not just condensation from the AC compressor? My Mustang doesn't seem to do it, but my Mazda and my mom's Avalon always leave a pool of water on the asphalt after parking it if the AC or defroster were on. Pretty common.....

Quite certain. The blue color gave it away. In fact, the service department confirmed it yesterday. Apparently, there's a leak in the reservoir...of course, a new bottle needs to be ordered. Also, one of the two weatherstripping that was ordered was not right. Ugh! :blink:

Well, at least these are all warranty items. :P

Quite certain. The blue color gave it away. In fact, the service department confirmed it yesterday. Apparently, there's a leak in the reservoir...of course, a new bottle needs to be ordered. Also, one of the two weatherstripping that was ordered was not right. Ugh! :blink:

Well, at least these are all warranty items. :P

Well, glad it's being taken care of! Wish my Mustang was still under warranty....then again, it was up 6 years ago and I still own it, so it must not be THAT bad a car. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sixcav

I don't know when my Mustang was built (06 GT) but I picked it up last August, over 8000 miles now, not a single problem, not one.

Well folks, Its good to see this thread is still going. I can now report after 1500+ miles and a 3/20/06 MONDAY build, no problems to date.(knock knock) :happy feet:

This car is sooooooo sweet to drive and I just keep smiling each time I get in and pop the clutch. :rockon: :banvictory: :tequila: