2008 Ford Fusion Review

igor

Nice review Igor, very honest and balanced. I appreciate reviews that discuss the car being used as a daily driver.

Will be glad to see that "brick" radio gone in the near future. Actually, the radio itself does not look bad especially with the plasti-chrome. It is the display. It is cheap looking!!! Ford seems to be stuck behind with information displays in general.

:stats:

i recently test drove a fusion i4 manual.

i was surprised at the engine tranny shifter refinement and the noise to me was acceptable. when i felt i did not like was the seat felt cheap and weak, it lacked power (not a lot but enough to make you want more), and the whole chassis lacked beef.

keep in mind i drive a 500 so the substantialness of the 500 i love and it makes the fusion seem a lot less solid in comparison. at the same time the fusion is cheaper, the mpg quoted in the review is pretty much what i get with my 500 (20-23 in town, 25-30 on trips).

i cant wait for the 010 updates.

Excellent review Igor. Very impartial, no biases. That is very much appreciated. And finally, someone knows how to take pictures of a car's exterior from the height I view them at! I am so fed up with pictures taken from ground level that do not reflect the true lines of the car. Ford does that alot in their brchures -- witness the 2008 Fusion manual. Again, excellent review. I will be visiting this site more often. :hyper:

great review for what you drove! In fact I drive an SE version every day. 2 counter points though:

1)the suspension is NOT choppy in an SEL, when you don't have the Sport Package("sport tuned suspension")

2)the v-6 is much more refined(remember 2.3L is going away in 09) and will quiet that cabin noise ENGINE wise.

Just the 2 things that came up in your review.

actually you are SPOT ON, with what you drove, and overall a very comprehensive review!