2010 Ford Mustang Interior Pic

JalopnikMatt

Those of us familiar with the latest gen Stang interior will recognize some elements carried over to the 2010 Ford Mustang interior. They switched the speedo and tach, you'll notice. Plus the wheel gets a new control layout.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for the Pic Link!! I am really starting to like what I am seeing. Glad to see single stalk. The interior appears that it will be very nice. My only gripe is that it appears that the round vents from the current car are out. :banghead:

I cannot wait until next year!!! One of these machines will be mine. :shades:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for the Pic Link!! I am really starting to like what I am seeing. Glad to see single stalk. The interior appears that it will be very nice. My only gripe is that it appears that the round vents from the current car are out. :banghead:

Only the center ones are square, you can see a round vent on the left.

The wheel looks good, I'm sad to see Ford stuck with the terrible gauges, hopefully the aftermarket has a solution.

Those rectangular center vents need to go!

The center stack takes inspiration for 1967-68 with the rectangular center vents and the center stack surround wrapping up and accross the top just under the vents. I like the steering wheel design and the improved console. It also looks like they did a better job with the e-brake handle on this one. I am curious to see which parts will actually retrofit.

Only the center ones are square, you can see a round vent on the left.

In the original S197 design, there was suppose to be a round analog clock between the two round vents in the center. The clock was axed by the bean counters.

We now return you to the 2010 Mustang....

Those of us familiar with the latest gen Stang interior will recognize some elements carried over to the 2010 Ford Mustang interior. They switched the speedo and tach, you'll notice. Plus the wheel gets a new control layout.

OK, where are the interior pics?

I go to that link, and all I see is a pic of the bottom half of the steering wheel?

For the most part: I like it!

I really liked the old gauges, and I'm not a fan of white face gauges, but they do make for an interesting look in this car.

I'm a little dissapointed to see the square vents in the center, but as long as the side vents are round, I'll live.

I love the new steering wheel.

What really has my attention is this new facia. This is the first time I've seen the new front turn signals and while I think it looks attractive now, I really need to see it all together. I haven't seen any other Mustang with turn signals like that so I think this could be more revolutionary than evolutionary.

The same goes for the rear. It looks like they want to put reverse lights between the brake lights.

And I really think the built-in car cover will sell. *rimshot*

The same goes for the rear. It looks like they want to put reverse lights between the brake lights.

It would be safe to say that only one of the white spaces per side will actually house a reverse light. It's also possible that one of the other white spaces may house an amber lamp for turn signals while the red lenses are strictly for brakes and parking lights. Anyone's guess at this point.

It's shaping up to look like nice improvements all around though. Nothing revolutionary here, but with the solid performance of the S197, it doesn't really need to be at this point. Just enough to keep it looking "new" and it should hold its own until the next generation is ready.

Well if they're going to have an amber rear turn-signal, that could be an indication Ford is interested in exporting the car.

Also, I've been looking closely at that front fascia, and I have good news and bad news for everyone.

The good news is that Ford is partly staying with the retro-theme and having a 70's style grille.

The bad news is that it's going to be the late 70's and a Mustang II grille.

It's clearly a trapezoid shape with the base at the bottom, but the sides are much more rigid than they were in the 68-73 models.

Here we see the '69 had very soft curves at the sides http://www.motorcities.com/media/image/640...,500-A-640.jpeg

The '76 Mustang II has very rigid lines http://www.flickr.com/photos/forwardlookguy/177888305/

And the '10 has rigid lines http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2010FordM...Spy1/1001814664

It would be safe to say that only one of the white spaces per side will actually house a reverse light. It's also possible that one of the other white spaces may house an amber lamp for turn signals while the red lenses are strictly for brakes and parking lights. Anyone's guess at this point.

The taillamps may simply be flexible enough to include the function of dual vertical back-up lamps for North American models while exported Mustangs use the outer white lens for amber turn signals.

The taillamps may simply be flexible enough to include the function of dual vertical back-up lamps for North American models while exported Mustangs use the outer white lens for amber turn signals.

In the '99-'04 models, the taillamp design included a space that was a red reflector with an empty socket mount on USA models, and a yellow lens with an installed bulb on export models (and Cobras too).

So, having a general taillamp design that also supports exports, is nothing new for Mustang.