In order to get Fiesta, Mexican Workers had to cut their Wages

FordBuyer

Perot had it right when he said NAFTA was a bad program. The real benefits from NAFTA flow to American based companies who are able to manufacture in Mexico, a low cost, third world country, and sell in the USA without paying any duty.

Basically NAFTA is rewarding American based companies for stripping out middle class manufacturing jobs and locating them in a low cost, third world environment devoid of any safety or environmental regulations and their costs.

You're a dork.

What does NAFTA have to do with imports from China? What did NAFTA have to do with tech jobs that were best shored.

I guess you've never heard of a Global Economy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to rip out all of the non USA parts in it...like the: (and I'm generalizing here)

Radio, Window motors, ABS controler, etc.

And, last I checked, Mexico was our neighbor.

Of course he doesn't! But does it make it right for anyone to exploit workers! Doesn't anyone have a moral compass anymore or is $$$ all that matters?

Of course he doesn't! But does it make it right for anyone to exploit workers! Doesn't anyone have a moral compass anymore or is $$$ all that matters?

I don't think it is being condoned by anyone around here, but when you are expected to deliver 'x' good at 'x' price and still extract a profit out of it what are you left to do.

I don't think it is being condoned by anyone around here, but when you are expected to deliver 'x' good at 'x' price and still extract a profit out of it what are you left to do.

Let's reflect a little on what the article also said.

They provide schools that some 1.5 million children have used. = No public schooling offered?

They have a Rent-a-Center store near you, where they will also take a certain amount of your $1.5/hr salary out of your pocket and apply it towards the cost of your (600) Sq. Ft. home and than after 8 years, it becomes yours.

The real kicker was that if the present workers did not offer a give-back to the company, it didn't matter, because tomorrow there would be 10,000 other people waiting outside the gates for a job like that.

They provide meals also, so is that a hot and a cot?

I don't think that the new plant extremely close to the equater will be air-conditioned either.

---------------

Then we have a poster on here who says that he didn't care where it was made, just as long as it wasn't made by the UAW.

Meanwhile, N. of the Rio Grande River, most of the illegal aliens from Mexico, are Western Union-ing $200+ a month back home to their relatives. Now that is untaxed money propping up the gov. in Mexico. And both sides of that border are saying their trying to do 'something' about the illegal flight to the N....... snicker.

It's now a free-for-all race to the bottom. Since the UAW has cut a new deal for wages, all other company's are saying they have been paying too much and must cut wages or else they will also flee.

IF you think your immune to this, your delusional as it's just a matter of time until it catches you. It was the same way, wages rose, and now it's the same way, they will fall.

YMMV.

IF you think your immune to this, your delusional as it's just a matter of time until it catches you. It was the same way, wages rose, and now it's the same way, they will fall.

YMMV.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I am going to operate under the conclusion that it was. That said it already has, so I really don't see how preaching to me is going to do any just.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I am going to operate under the conclusion that it was. That said it already has, so I really don't see how preaching to me is going to do any just.

no no,, not you at all, sorry for picking your quote.. i thought my reply would just help is all,, not picking on you at all Michael

edit:

Actually I left out a line about the housing and food, that is about what the old, company store towns were like, but now updated for the new and improved 21th. century.

Edited by Critic

I check the country-of-origin label on almost everything I buy; if there's a US-made version I'll buy it. I'll also preferentially buy something made on the American continent over something made overseas; and I'll buy something from anywhere (including Taiwan) over something made in China.

So do I, I figure the product will be of higher quality, the pollution to manufacture the product will be lower and the money will recirculate in the US economy helping to pay our taxes and the wealth generated means people can afford my products (indirectly, we don't sell retail). I also try to avoid Chinese products at all costs. I have been burned too many times buying low quality Chinese products that wear out or self destruct after a very short time. The seem to be precisely engineered to self destruct right after you throw the receipt away. As the saying goes, "Only a rich man can afford cheap tools", I think it applies to much more than tools.