2010/2011 Fiesta spy pics

GT40 2

Also missing is the stupid built in phone.

Also, knowing how dysfunctional some Euro ergonomics are, I wouldn't be surprised if those unlabeled buttons are the window controls.

look at the door panel - window controls - the two missing buttons were probably related to the phone function.

Igor

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what is the deal with that phone anyway? Can anyone tell me, or does it defy rational explanation? Is it a sign that you've arrived when you have a completely and utterly useless keypad in your car? Is it the modern Euro version of the laundau iron, vinyl roof and coach light that said, "BAM, It's 1972 and I'VE GOT MONEY!!!"

Also missing is the stupid built in phone.

Why on Earth do these EU manufacturers (DB, BMW, etc.) think that it's a good idea to put a phone keypad on the far R side of a stereo unit?

I mean seriously--how is that safer than letting you use the keypad on the cell phone that you can hold in your hand?

You have to look farther away from the road and extend your arm (at least in the D class luxobarges) to its limit to dial.

Also, knowing how dysfunctional some Euro ergonomics are, I wouldn't be surprised if those unlabeled buttons are the window controls.

OTOH, I love the HVAC controls. Very nice.

Just interested Richard what sort of punishment does the law dish out for using a hand-held mobile phone whilst driving?

In the UK you get jailed for 2 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/157...-face-jail.html

And what is the deal with that phone anyway? Can anyone tell me, or does it defy rational explanation? Is it a sign that you've arrived when you have a completely and utterly useless keypad in your car? Is it the modern Euro version of the laundau iron, vinyl roof and coach light that said, "BAM, It's 1972 and I'VE GOT MONEY!!!"

:hysterical:

Yeah, it does seem a bit behind-the-times. It was cool when James Bond had a keypad in his car in the 1970's. Now? Not so much.

Just interested Richard what sort of punishment does the law dish out for using a hand-held mobile phone whilst driving?

NA spec cars have had Bluetooth phone integration for =years= without feeling the need to put a dial pad on the dashboard. It's not like the US has never seen a car/phone integration system before.

In most jurisdictions in the U.S., it is still not illegal at all.

2 years for using a phone? What the hell is wrong over there?

In this case, it's far from being a matter of Euro vs American. It's a matter of good looking vs not good looking. Good looking wins. I'm sorry, but I can't see how anyone can think this interior doesn't look miles ahead of things we've seen in vehicles like the Fusion, Taurus, and Edge.

I don't really like the interior....I don't think those you mentioned are very nice either, though I don't mind the Edge.

I think I would go monochromatic with the center stack trim and lose the psuedo-polished allum accents.

As far as the Civic, I can't say I'll ever be used to the interior. It's functional, but it's not my favorite thing about the car. I do think the exterior on the coupe looks considerably better than the anything else in it's class.

Out of it's class, I am more impressed with the Fiesta every time I see it. What a great-looking little car. And yes, Ford needs design like this to appeal to a younger audience. While my Civic's interior is proof that there is such a thing as too much, visually I dig the Fiesta interior much more.

My mother's BMW 3-series has the put the keyfob thing in a slot and press start thing. I didn't see the point of it. My brother's and father's keyFOB for the new Altimas are awesome. If the thing is in your pocket, get in and press the start button, and go.

<EDIT> I got passed by a light green 08 Focus today. While still hideous, it's growing on me, like a stale mold. It helped that this version didn't have the gaudy chrome vent things. I wouldn't buy one, but ya gotta admit it's a good value and I am seeing more of these things here in SoCal.

A little OT: I also got passed by a Subaru Tribecca. I honestly think that thing is uglier than an Aztec, which is quite terrifying.

Edited by the_spaniard

The door panels are pretty awful, the switchgear throughout the interior is not up to snuff IMO. The steering wheel is the one high point, despite the tiny steering wheel buttons.

Edited by BORG

And where's the center arm rest? I ask you, what are you supposed to do with your right elbow while driving? And don't tell me it's supposed to be on the wheel. How often do you really need two hands to drive? At least in the land of gridiron streets, freeways, and gridlocked commutes.

Edited by RichardJensen

They don't have sync or touch screen nav. I do hope the US Fiesta has Sync!

And where's the center arm rest? I ask you, what are you supposed to do with your right elbow while driving? And don't tell me it's supposed to be on the wheel. How often do you really need two hands to drive? At least in the land of gridiron streets, freeways, and gridlocked commutes.

I'm sure they'll come up with some bolt on solution that breaks off after 3 months just like the cupholders in the Contour ;).

AUGH !!!!!

Its a B car. Go look at the other cars in the segment, and get back to me. Next to them, the Fiesta looks like a friggen luxury car in comparison.

Yes the location of the door lock switch is kind of silly............... but it is a door lock switch. I think I have used mine, in my Tribute, abour 3 times in 64K miles (and that is only because I have a child). I actually have to think about where the mirror controls are in my Tribby, because I set it, and forget it (think I have used them 2-3 times also).

Everyone bitched that Ford did no "bold moves," when that was their campaign. They finally do a "bold move" and everyone bitches about that.

I love the Fiesta. After I buy my gas guzzler, I will probably look at one for an "around town" car. It appeals to me that much............... as I hate boring. I'm far from Fords target demographic too (43).

really??

dont start nit picking that too!

:lol: Not nitpicking. Just seems kind of out of place compared to the rest of the futuristic flair of the design. That fabric looks like something that would be lining the walls inside a VW Microbus or something. As with the door lock button though, it certainly wouldn't be enough to stop me from buying a vehicle.

There we go. What's with the funky pattern on the armrest fabric?

Europeans (or at least some of them) LOVE that sh*t - my grand-uncle has a subcompact with little green frogs on the upholstery - they were stock.

Igor

Edited by igor

:lol: Not nitpicking. Just seems kind of out of place compared to the rest of the futuristic flair of the design. That fabric looks like something that would be lining the walls inside a VW Microbus or something. As with the door lock button though, it certainly wouldn't be enough to stop me from buying a vehicle.

the fabric is the same as on the seats - maroon (or whatever) pokadotted.

Igor