2010/2011 Fiesta spy pics

GT40 2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sales in Europe are gravitating towards small cars as fuel prices sky rocket and disposable income to spend on new cars shrinks. This whole sector is full of very boring green cars with only a few like the Mini and Fiat 500 bucking the trend, the exciting new Fiesta should add a bit of a wow factor to this very boring sector thats will see massive growth in the future so it looks like Ford will hit the jackpot with the Fiesta just at the right time.

Fiats 500 hitting the jackpot as Tony Blair get outbid on one.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/-fia...00-ar58842.html

oooooh, look at Blueblood raise the level of debate with all of his insults. Americans love Euro cars, thats why almost everyone buys VW..... :hysterical:

I've insulted nobody troll, get lost already!

Whatever troll.

I know you are but what am I?

:lurk:

It's kinda nice being on sidelines for once....

oooooh, look at Blueblood raise the level of debate with all of his insults. Americans love Euro cars, thats why almost everyone buys VW..... :hysterical:

In this case, it's far from being a matter of Euro vs American. It's a matter of good looking vs not good looking. Good looking wins. I'm sorry, but I can't see how anyone can think this interior doesn't look miles ahead of things we've seen in vehicles like the Fusion, Taurus, and Edge.

One side note about the door lock button. Who cares? How often do the door lock buttons ever even get used anymore? I use my keyfob for pretty much everything. For the few times I have the need to unlock or lock the doors from inside the car, I don't think reaching to my right instead of to my left would be something to keep me from buying a car.

I never thought I'd be interested in anything smaller than a Focus but the Fiesta has piqued my interest for sure.

I still don't think I'd be interested in buying a Fiesta. My hope with this vehicle though is that it will mean an end to the drab interiors in the rest of Ford's vehicles as well -- some of which I might be interested in owning.

I've insulted nobody troll, get lost already!

Uh, yeah, you did.

Unless you meant 'old man' as either a compliment (hardly likely) or an accurate reflection of my relative age as compared to yours (again, not likely).

Fact is, one of the things I have a beef with on the Fiesta is a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD PART (the mirror control) so don't go insisting that I'm against progress.

Nor do I have a beef with the radio design.

What I have a beef with is the introduction of counterintuitive steps that will not help Ford's JDPower ratings or CSI scores. Things like a pointlessly awkward remote mirror control and a "we didn't even do this in the Contour and Focus" central lock switch that is as far away from the doors as possible, while remaining within the confines of the car itself.

Also, you see me hoping that the cruise control switches are steering wheel mounted.

And now I'm going to turn the tables on YOU:

Must an innovative interior sacrifice logical/customary control placement? Would we be all excited if Ford decided to kick 'tradition' in the teeth and put the stereo controls on the ceiling? What if it looked totally cool?

What do YOU have against forward facing mirror controls, wheel mounted CC buttons, and door lock switches on (heaven forbid) the doors themselves.

Once again, read my posts before responding to them, and don't insult people and then feign injured innocence.

Edited by RichardJensen

In this case, it's far from being a matter of Euro vs American. It's a matter of good looking vs not good looking. Good looking wins. I'm sorry, but I can't see how anyone can think this interior doesn't look miles ahead of things we've seen in vehicles like the Fusion, Taurus, and Edge.

One side note about the door lock button. Who cares? How often do the door lock buttons ever even get used anymore? I use my keyfob for pretty much everything. For the few times I have the need to unlock or lock the doors from inside the car, I don't think reaching to my right instead of to my left would be something to keep me from buying a car.

I agree about the door lock buttons. I imagine few people really use them in the age of key fobs and keyless systems. I don't think this is as big a deal as is being made out here.

I only wish the air bag cover would look like it wasn't hanging off the steering wheel.

:huh: It has a raised center section. Doesn't appear to be "hanging off" anywhere.

Other than that, it seems the Party will be battling with Lincoln to see who has the nicest interior...

I wouldn't go that far. It exceeds that used in the Fusion and Taurus, at least from a design perspective, but I still don't think it holds a candle to the MKS. Material quality will also certainly be nowhere close.

I do hope they offer the brushed-silver look on the center console though. Even with the unique button shapes, it could still use some contract to break up the sea of black plastic.

Uh, yeah, you did.

Unless you meant 'old man' as either a compliment (hardly likely) or an accurate reflection of my relative age as compared to yours (again, not likely).

I was joking, people are short a sense of humor round here..

Fact is, one of the things I have a beef with on the Fiesta is a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD PART (the mirror control) so don't go insisting that I'm against progress.

I can hardly see the mirror control, I rarely adjust mine anyways..

Nor do I have a beef with the radio design.

What I have a beef with is the introduction of counterintuitive steps that will not help Ford's JDPower ratings or CSI scores. Things like a pointlessly awkward remote mirror control and a "we didn't even do this in the Contour and Focus" central lock switch that is as far away from the doors as possible, while remaining within the confines of the car itself.

Also, you see me hoping that the cruise control switches are steering wheel mounted.

There's buttons on the steering wheel, I'm assuming they are for cc and sync..

And now I'm going to turn the tables on YOU:

Must an innovative interior sacrifice logical/customary control placement? Would we be all excited if Ford decided to kick 'tradition' in the teeth and put the stereo controls on the ceiling? What if it looked totally cool?

What do YOU have against forward facing mirror controls, wheel mounted CC buttons, and door lock switches on (heaven forbid) the doors themselves.

I LOVE wheel mounted cc buttons, my Focus has them, I hate GM's that have 600 wheel buttons but cc on the stalk that does a thousand things and is horribly designed.

Once again, read my posts before responding to them, and don't insult people and then feign injured innocence.

Sure are cranky today..

:lol:

Cruise Control buttons are on the wheel - as are the Audio buttons.

see here: http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2008/2/15/3.../1018super3.jpg

Richard what you see is the right control stalk - it is flat-rectangular in profile on EU Fords - and absent on US Fords.

Right stalk is for wind shield wiper controls and left one is for blinkers, long lights, trip computer and bluetooth - I have to admit the bluttoth button seems out of place there - but w/e

And I have to go celebrate that EU Ford finally ditched the stalk mounted Audio controls ... they were getting very obsolete.

Also notice the door panel here: http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2008/2/15/3.../1017super3.jpg

Igor

Edited by igor

Also missing is the stupid built in phone.

Why on Earth do these EU manufacturers (DB, BMW, etc.) think that it's a good idea to put a phone keypad on the far R side of a stereo unit?

I mean seriously--how is that safer than letting you use the keypad on the cell phone that you can hold in your hand?

You have to look farther away from the road and extend your arm (at least in the D class luxobarges) to its limit to dial.

Also, knowing how dysfunctional some Euro ergonomics are, I wouldn't be surprised if those unlabeled buttons are the window controls.

OTOH, I love the HVAC controls. Very nice.

Richard what you see is the right control stalk - it is flat-rectangular in profile on EU Fords - and absent on US Fords.

Right stalk is for wind shield wiper controls and left one is for blinkers, long lights, trip computer and bluetooth - I have to admit the bluttoth button seems out of place there - but w/e

And I have to go celebrate that EU Ford finally ditched the stalk mounted Audio controls ... they were getting very obsolete.

Also notice the door panel here: http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2008/2/15/3.../1017super3.jpg

Igor

If the NA interior looks EXACTLY like that, we have a winner.

And the airbag cover doesn't look like it's falling off in those pictures...... :finger:

Igor

LOVE IT!