2010/2011 Fiesta spy pics

GT40 2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to see, although the interior looks insane to me. I know I will be unique in this, but ford of NA is substantially better at interior design, particularly when it comes to ergonomics and hardware.

Let us know when they cure you of your blindness..

If that's the future of interiors with a large LCD and cell phone type centre console, Ford's on the money. They got it right as far as I am concerned.

Someone speaking of the Civic, yes the interior is different but not my cup of tea. The Fiesta I feel has struck the blend of traditional (IP) and modern (centre console) where the Civic hasn't.

As well, I find the Fiesta exterior well done. It is on my list when it gets here.

If that's the future of interiors with a large LCD and cell phone type centre console, Ford's on the money. They got it right as far as I am concerned.

Someone speaking of the Civic, yes the interior is different but not my cup of tea. The Fiesta I feel has struck the blend of traditional (IP) and modern (centre console) where the Civic hasn't.

As well, I find the Fiesta exterior well done. It is on my list when it gets here.

I completely agree with you in regards to the Civic interior. No offense to those who own one, but I think the interior (and exterior, unless it's a coupe) is downright ugly.

I really hate where Honda (and Acura) design is going, both inside and out.

Great to see, although the interior looks insane to me. I know I will be unique in this, but ford of NA is substantially better at interior design, particularly when it comes to ergonomics and hardware.

Easily the most astounding post of the month.

please note - the front bumper - that is NOT CAMO!! That is the real thing .. in black.

also note the shiny black rear bumper sticking out from under the camo - the rear bumper will be a little more substantial than the EU one.

finally, note that the chrome molding on the bottom of the windows is still present.

Igor

Easily the most astounding post of the month.

Pontiac makes interiors that look like this, I am not impressed by interiors designed to be imitations of cell phones or mini stereo systems! I see a flamboyant design but it's clearly not carefully considered for function. And yes, Ford of NA is leader in interior design and I strongly dislike that FOE is depositing its wildly different aesthetic on the US market. That includes the exterior which contradicts FNA's stronger and neater lines. If the Fiesta is a success, I'll change my tune, but this is not the ideal design and I'm sorry if I'm the only one here who openly say that. I DO NOT LIKE FOE DESIGN AT ALL!

Edited by BORG

BORG what do you mean when you say "hardware"?

Hmm, not sure what to think with all the camo. Dislike the high trunk vs low hood look, reminds me a lot of the Focus style. This could be an illusion due to the camo, but I'm not feeling it.

Interior doesn't do it for me, then again I prefer a more plain but quality built interior. Looks like they tried to hard to stretch the boundries with this interior, similar to the center stack on the F150 Platinum, just way too busy for my taste. And unlike most, I am not a fan of the LCD screen, even though it's becoming common place in the market today.

Oh well, just my opinion. As long as it sells, that's all that matters. Just won't see me sporting one.

Among the annoying "Please, please, please don't bring this crap here" features:

The 1995 Mondeo mirror adjustment switch mounted at what appears to be an extremely awkward angle on the door.

Door lock button under the radio, instead of ON THE DOOR. Why on EARTH do these EURO car makers (FoE, VW, MB, BMW, Saab) feel such a necessity to complicate the simplest of tasks. Put the freakin' door lock switch on the (expletive deleted) door, you numbskulled monkeys!

And for pity's sake, could you PLEASE keep the Cruise control switches on the STEERING WHEEL!!!! Stalk mounted cc controls are for losers.

you guys need to toughen up...coming from someone whom drives a car with quite possibly the most head scratching ergonomics in the world, one gets used to anything...right now being distictive is one HELL of a lot more important to the buying public than the placement ( for better or worse ) of a certain functional button....once one knows where it is, they know where it is....and for that reason CUDOS for pushing design envelopes Ford..say BYE BYE to blandness.........

I'm not griping about the stereo buttons, they at least are grouped in some kind of order (presets on one side media selectors on the other).

But the centrally located lock switch is one of those stupid Euro specific idiosyncrasies that drives me up a tree.

I was in a brand new Passat the other day, and you have to stick the key fob into a slot and then push the fob in to start the car. You stop the car by pushing the fob again. It is, hands down, the stupidest system I've ever seen in a car. But at least this car has a lock switch on the door.

Except if you hit the lock switch on the driver's door with the door open it locks every door except the driver's door.

Stupid, stupid, stupid 'let's do things different--not better--just different' mentality.

You can have both. Go hop inside a Flex to see how.

I'm sorry, but the Flex interior doesn't look all that different to me. The quality seems great, but the switchgear shapes and such are Blandsville, like every other organized-same-size-button-row-after-row center stacks in other Ford interiors.

Ford of Europe is a different market and their expectations are very different. Customer satisfaction is also important so if you sell a car that the customer learns to hate over time, then you won't establish the brand very well. The most successful Focus happens to be the one most tailored to the US market, go figure! Lifting products wholesale from another market is not a good thing IMO.

Edited by BORG

Actually, the radio layout reminds me of nothing more than the '96 Taurus/Sable with their wonky off the wall layout that was heralded (by designers at the time) as the way things were headed (bricks are toast, they said). It is, in fact, far better than the Honda Accord (for instance) that happily mixes HVAC & radio controls.

The rest of it being a step up in the 'wow' factor just isn't there for me. I see the Flex having more of an urban cool than the Escalade, and the Fiesta being nothing more than the best of the pocket rockets. Its looks give it a chance at stealing the hearts of the ricer/tuner crowd, but I don't think that it would necessarily fail if it had (for instance) door locks on the doors, a remote mirror joystick that faced the driver instead of the curb, and higher HVAC controls (the beef that the HVAC controls are too low on the Fusion is legit, IMO, and the Fiesta is just as bad, if not worse).

I see the Flex as conquering more 'mind share' than the Fiesta if only because the urban 'hip hop' market is, if you think about it, rather domestic oriented (whereas the tuner market is stocked to the gills with 'Honda iz da :censored:' people that have basically hardwired themselves to think that). Sure you have the glorification of Bentleys, etc. in hip hop, but what American car sells at that price? Hip hop cool is still jacked Chevys, Escalades, and the occasional Navigator.

Edited by RichardJensen