Question for DTP employees.

kcworker

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, don't get your hopes up too much with newly elected officials. Right now a few plants have them/getting them. And they are going to be in a reactive mode. There is only so much they can do. They have to react to reductions and try to mitigate them as best as possible.

But best of luck to everyone.. It's gonna get worse, before it gets better. Try to work with the new ones and offer what help you can.

You are like a squeaky wheel or a whistler.No kidding "things will get worse before they get better" Do you think the guy/gal showing up and dealing with the misery of the plants and obeying all the rules is responsible for this mess the mighty Ford Motor Company is in?NO WAY.The product development people who work in a comfortable atmosphere and are paid to think should have foresaw this trend to fuel efficiency 5-7 years ago and they had history to look back on.Ford Upper Management is responsible for product planning.Toyota,Honda,,go out to California that`s all ya see,,are eating Ford`s lunch,,,AGAIN!

does anyone know exactly when c-crew will be cut? If not until after shut down, then when does shut down actaully start for c-crew?

All shifts will be off until sept 22, 2008 which is a Monday. The layoff list was being verified as of today and will be ready by the end of the week. Everyone will know this week where they are in the company. C crew may finish out the shift and then that's it.

It is all customer driven.Maybe once people get used to $4.00 a gallon gas,when the housing market recovers {it always does}Maybe a Democratic President {forgive me} will institute a public works project to build our nation`s infrastructure.It is all customer driven.Meantime SEND ME SOME BARBECUE!!!!!!Best we got out here in Michigan is Famous Dave`s

hate to burst a bubble, but the housing market is going to take a while to recover, unless this new bill in congress is writing by helen keller. 240,000 foreclosures a month!

as for the barbq try sloe's on michigan ave across from the old train station.

everyone tends to think, and talk about when is gas going back down?

its not, $4.00 is here to stay, ok well maybe 3.89, or 3.69, but thats a lot closer to 4.00 than 1.89 any which way you count it.

as for public works project, i got one if every one stopped moving furhter and further and further out to the every increasing suburbs and enjoyed the centeralized city life they wouldn't have to drive an hour to great lakes crossing, or two hours to cabelas.

This wasn't meant directly at you Fatso, except the Barbq, but I thought you would appreciate it, and hopefully some ithers would too, but i suspect it will go largley unnoticed as we all by our 09 fseries, and move out out to brighton, because novi is just to close to the big scary city.

All shifts will be off until sept 22, 2008 which is a Monday. The layoff list was being verified as of today and will be ready by the end of the week. Everyone will know this week where they are in the company. C crew may finish out the shift and then that's it.

So are you sayin' A crew doesn't work next week?

So after we work next week does that mean we have to use our two weeks vacation or file for unemployment? Thanks.

Im pretty sure they make u take the 2 weeks vacation. Its wednesday they didnt tell you anything yet??? Isnt next week a down week 4 b crew?

This union really stinks

So after we work next week does that mean we have to use our two weeks vacation or file for unemployment? Thanks.

yeah 2 weeks vacation like normal, i was told c-crew works Monday, gets a paid hoilday for Friday, gets short work week for the remainder of the week, then 2 weeks vacation shut down, and then laid off until Sept. 22 for the ones that make the cut.

yeah 2 weeks vacation like normal, i was told c-crew works Monday, gets a paid hoilday for Friday, gets short work week for the remainder of the week, then 2 weeks vacation shut down, and then laid off until Sept. 22 for the ones that make the cut.

I should have known that they wouldn't let us bank our vacation! Thanks for the info. pal!

Nobody knows for sure, hell your union tells you more about our plant than our own union does. Maybe that will be in the July announcement about what is going where and who is going to build what... :shrug:

my union official on c-crew said by nov-08, kc will no longer be building f-150's.

Our union could not even tell us that we were loosing a shift!!!! SCREW LOCAL 600!!!! Our union still has not put any info out on the layoff...they need to be answering our questions about being laid off instead out on the floor talking about shit they know nothing about!!!

SCREW LOCAL 600!!!!!

Got another one on my side...........FUCK LOCAL 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Got another one on my side...........FUCK LOCAL 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Then instead of bitching about Local 600 why didnt you run against Jerry for president or any of the local positions that ALL WENT UNAPPOSED ? The union is what people make it you can either settle for the same ole or make change happen.

Nick and Gary is a step in the right direction for DTP but there needs to be capable change at the top and seeing how no one with some experiance ran at the local lvl except a select few that actually care then you really have no justification to bitch.

I will agree that local 600 is not what i expected coming in , but again Big start getting involved take some classes and pass the word get people involved that feel as you do and do something about things instead of coming to a message board flapping your fingers.

:shrug: He didn't want to end up wearing cement shoes at the bottom of the Detroit river?

Lol It seems pretty obvious the union does not hold the power it once did, and the loss of the mob mentality may be one of the reasons why :hysterical:

Edited by lquidspine