OAC News

otp

when do you guys think members who lost there recall rights will get a chance.

I was told that they will be called after all transfers. The company will not necessarily call them back based on seniority. They will have to serve a probationary period. I am just going by what I was told by a union rep. The third shift is coming sometime after April, not later than after shutdown.

when do you guys think members who lost there recall rights will get a chance.

Well, there are a few things to think about. I'm looking at the glass half full. First, there might be some guys taking a package before the end of our contract, it's only $25 000 but, it's better than nothing. Second, when the new Lincoln comes, they will need people. Third, if the engine plant is to be reopened, people would be going back for sure. :reading:

I was told that they will be called after all transfers. The company will not necessarily call them back based on seniority. They will have to serve a probationary period. I am just going by what I was told by a union rep. The third shift is coming sometime after April, not later than after shutdown.

thanks for the info, so that means I be getting in before bargaining Tier1 and Tier2 rates. any ideas how many transfers??

thanks for the info, so that means I be getting in before bargaining Tier1 and Tier2 rates. any ideas how many transfers??

Hopefully, in Canada, we will not go that route. There were about a hundred people from Windsor who visited about a month ago. Those were people who could be interested in transferring.

Hopefully, in Canada, we will not go that route. There were about a hundred people from Windsor who visited about a month ago. Those were people who could be interested in transferring.

I Heard it was up to about 300 from Windsord but not sure like i said "heard". 300 people were offered to transfer here maybe not all but what ever is needed can be taken out of that pool of people.

I Heard it was up to about 300 from Windsord but not sure like i said "heard". 300 people were offered to transfer here maybe not all but what ever is needed can be taken out of that pool of people.

That's about right, and not to pee on Peter 25's parade or anything, but he has NO recall rights, when all the transfers are completed, his application will join the large pile of resumes and applications sitting up in HR. He has no more rights to a job than any of the union stewards relatives.

That's about right, and not to pee on Peter 25's parade or anything, but he has NO recall rights, when all the transfers are completed, his application will join the large pile of resumes and applications sitting up in HR. He has no more rights to a job than any of the union stewards relatives.

I hope your relatives off the street get in before us 142. is that what you want, ford to post big add

in oakville news for third shift assembler needed. i don't have any right but i hope guys on this form

can give HR or foreman some gifts like good oldtimes. oh oakville insider I guess u greedy guy u want to be like chysler person sell application for $500.

PS: please get me in lol

I hope your relatives off the street get in before us 142. is that what you want, ford to post big add

in oakville news for third shift assembler needed. i don't have any right but i hope guys on this form

can give HR or foreman some gifts like good oldtimes. oh oakville insider I guess u greedy guy u want to be like chysler person sell application for $500.

PS: please get me in lol

for a week no reply i guess everyone is busy or doing overtime at plant.

for a week no reply i guess everyone is busy or doing overtime at plant.

I got called back Jan 14 and have been working steady ever since, couple saturdays and would have worked a sunday but I switched to another shift.

I hear in a few weeks they will lay off the people that got called back who were allocated to flex jobs (im one of them) until whatever week in april when they start building the flex.

I got called back Jan 14 and have been working steady ever since, couple saturdays and would have worked a sunday but I switched to another shift.

I hear in a few weeks they will lay off the people that got called back who were allocated to flex jobs (im one of them) until whatever week in april when they start building the flex.

thanks for the input. i know i won't be back until they start third shift, shortly after shutdown.

reply to what?

Anyone know the driver that was almost killed last night? I hope he makes it.

Out fo respect for the injured driver, and the second involved driver, I will not mention their names. Last night, the injured driver was off of his fork-lift when he was pinned between his and another fork-lift. The last we heard, he suffered major internal injuries, sustained major blood loss, and flatlined twice inside the plant. He is now in a drug induced coma at Hamilton General, in stable but critical condition. I hope he makes a full recovery and we see him back at work

This is really in bad taste to spread rumours about someone who has been injured at work.

Whether or not he was set to retire or not, it is irrelevant to the story. The man was hurt at

work, and all of us should be wishing the very best for his recovery. That's where the story

should end. If you don't know him, don't talk about him. I don't give a shit if someone told

you, that another guy who knows a guy say's "blah blah blah" STFU and talk about things

you do know about.

So what? because we're in the internet age, that justifies being totally unsympathetic to decency and good taste? It is just wrong to be spreading rumours and unfounded stories about someone who is suffering and be it on the internet, or in the plant, I say STFU if you don't know the person. If and when his family wants to say something, they will say it through the proper channels, not through the rumour mill.