OAC News

otp

If we were in negotiations right now, like we should be, there is no way that we would agree to a COLA freeze.

And we would be on strike until the new year, Ford would settle and we would come back to layoffs and then they would start un-bolting all machinery and move it all down to one of the plants in the States. Don't kid yourself. If you don't believe that, your a bigger fool than they all say. :finger:

Ed.

Just wondering do we get cola with our SUB if I get laidoff if enough people don't take the package or STEP? The COLA could allow me to buy a few more pkgs of hotdogs and mac and cheese to feed my family! Give the COLA talk a rest. The contract has been signed and sealed and that sort of stuff can be delt with when things are better with the company. I just want to work.

Just wondering do we get cola with our SUB if I get laidoff if enough people don't take the package or STEP? The COLA could allow me to buy a few more pkgs of hotdogs and mac and cheese to feed my family! Give the COLA talk a rest. The contract has been signed and sealed and that sort of stuff can be delt with when things are better with the company. I just want to work.

Exactly, Brother. There's a time and place for every battle; right now the priority is keeping everyone that wants to stay working on the job, and packages for those who want to go. People want to keep the money they already get instead of crying about what they never had.

Exactly, Brother. There's a time and place for every battle; right now the priority is keeping everyone that wants to stay working on the job, and packages for those who want to go. People want to keep the money they already get instead of crying about what they never had.

Well said Sparky, and so simple even a child can understand.

I don't think it'll convice Trim' to drop it though!

You are going on record as saying that inflation is virtually unchanged, and at the same time providing evidence to the contrary. According to you, the CPI went up by .8% in May, and .3% in June. I found somewhere that it went up another .8% in July, which would be July/August. If inflation is .8% in one month, how much would that be in a year? I am not talking about 2007 to now. I am talking about from now to September 2009, the period that our COLA will be frozen. If you were to take .8, and multiply it by 12, the number of months in a year, you get......9.6. As this .8 is actually .8...PER CENT, it is compounded each month. How do I explain that to you? Ok, say you take 100; add .8%. Now you have 100.8. Add .8 per cent again and it is .8% of 100.8, so it would be a little bit more than .8 added on. By the end of the year instead of 9.6%, you would have just about 10%, or double digit inflation. If this happens, our buying power goes down by 10%, but our wages stay the same. You are on record as saying that this is not the case. I don't see any more point in arguing with a bunch of imbeciles. We will wait and see what happens.

Edited by Trimdingman

Why are you changing the subject? I said that inflation went up since our COLA was frozen. You said that it didn't. You called me an idiot, and said that my math skills were lacking. You even provided "proof" that I was in error. You either do not understand how inflation is reported by the media, or else you have become a follower of the CAW religion, and are blind to anything outside its doctrine.

Listen, you greedy, self-centered cock-sucking bastard. Nobody gives a shit what fucking theories you have, what misguided mathematical theories you have.

Get a god-damned fucking clue. Nobody fucking cares about the COLA. There are bigger concerns to most of the membership that isn<t all about "memememememe" You can't fucking even read. People here including me have posted the OFFICIAL numbers, not your made up fucking predictions. The numbers aren't released by StatsCan for July to August yet. Even if they were, you can`t even interpret them. You`re just that fucking stupid.

I fucking give up. You`re not worth my time explaining it to you again, you`re insisting blue is red because if you admit you`re wrong it`s an admission that you`re an idiot.

Can we take up a collection to send this shithead back to whatever Maritime hole he crawled out of. He's making the rest of the Newfs in the plant look bad...

Listen, you greedy, self-centered cock-sucking bastard. Nobody gives a shit what fucking theories you have, what misguided mathematical theories you have.

Get a god-damned fucking clue. Nobody fucking cares about the COLA. There are bigger concerns to most of the membership that isn<t all about "memememememe" You can't fucking even read. People here including me have posted the OFFICIAL numbers, not your made up fucking predictions. The numbers aren't released by StatsCan for July to August yet. Even if they were, you can`t even interpret them. You`re just that fucking stupid.

I fucking give up. You`re not worth my time explaining it to you again, you`re insisting blue is red because if you admit you`re wrong it`s an admission that you`re an idiot.

Can we take up a collection to send this shithead back to whatever Maritime hole he crawled out of. He's making the rest of the Newfs in the plant look bad...

Inflation went up in July at a rate equivalent to around 10% anually. It did, and no matter how much you curse me or deny it, you can't change that. I don't care too much about the money, as I said before. I am just pointing out that this could very well be the reason behind the early opening of the contract. I am not predicting the CPI increase of July. It is a matter of record. With the federal bailouts in the US and Canada, it is not rocket science that we are in for more inflation. You can wiggle all you want; you are on the hook.

The only one that I am making look bad is you.

Do you know what it means when the CPI goes up by .8% in one month? That is huge. You think that if inflation is 3.1% over a year, and then it goes up to 3.4% in one month, that is just a .3% increase. If someone bats .250 through August, and then his average goes up to .260 in September, he must be swinging a hot bat in September, over .300. If the anual inflation rate goes up from 3.1 to 3.4 percent in one month, then that month saw high inflation. I don't know any simpler way to explain it to you.

When you get riled , your nasty side comes out. Bigoted stereotypical profiles. Am I also making Indians look bad? I am an individual person, and should be treated as such. What I write does not reflect on anyone else who shares my race or nationality. Even the union teaches that.

Edited by Trimdingman

My God you guys have a winner in Trim.Oakville is a good place for him. :hysterical: Talk about being a spoiled child even though the goof is old as the hills.How oh how doesn't somebody find out who this bonehead is and try to show him his wrongs in person? :stirpot::hysterical:

Inflation went up in July by a lot. That is what I say. That is what happened. Nobody believes it. Ask the guys in the States who got a big COLA increase. We missed out because we are frozen. Kill the messenger. Go into denial. That will not change facts.

Inflation went up in July by a lot. That is what I say. That is what happened. Nobody believes it. Ask the guys in the States who got a big COLA increase. We missed out because we are frozen. Kill the messenger. Go into denial. That will not change facts.

Hey Trimm RIGHT or WRONG seriously is there not a lot more serious things going on at the plant the YOU losing x amount of cents from your paycheck. I guess thats all you care about because you walk around with the "I safe from layoffs attitude, and hey I went through them during the 80s". Maybe people here would actually listen, if you actually showed that you cared about other union brother and sisters and not just your pay check. As well while 90% or more of us are not getting any overtime now and have lost a lot more than COLA, how is the cut back in hours affecting you, or are you still getting 48hrs+.

Hey Trimm RIGHT or WRONG seriously is there not a lot more serious things going on at the plant the YOU losing x amount of cents from your paycheck. I guess thats all you care about because you walk around with the "I safe from layoffs attitude, and hey I went through them during the 80s". Maybe people here would actually listen, if you actually showed that you cared about other union brother and sisters and not just your pay check. As well while 90% or more of us are not getting any overtime now and have lost a lot more than COLA, how is the cut back in hours affecting you, or are you still getting 48hrs+.

Totally 100% agree Talk bout me being selfish Trimmie, look at your rants its all about you!!

Totally 100% agree Talk bout me being selfish Trimmie, look at your rants its all about you!!

Everybody is affected. Why doesn't the union just post the numbers, how much our COLA would be, and that would be the end of it? We at least have a right to know what we gave up. I would like to be able to trust the union, but it is hard when they are so evasive.

I know that COLA increases don't matter too much if you are getting laid off. However, this shouldn't give them carte blanche to run us into the ground, either.

Do you want some proof that the union is evasive? Charly has something to do with the union, or at least he used to. He wants everybody to block my posts.

What happens if this bailout of financial institutions fails, and the dollar goes into the dumpster without COLA? I know, we will not be alone, but we may have given away the store on that one.

I know that many of you hate my guts because I am sometimes speaking against your religion. This shouldn't be religion. It should be open to logical independent thought.

Edited by Trimdingman

Everybody is affected. Why doesn't the union just post the numbers, how much our COLA would be, and that would be the end of it? We at least have a right to know what we gave up. I would like to be able to trust the union, but it is hard when they are so evasive.

I know that COLA increases don't matter too much if you are getting laid off. However, this shouldn't give them carte blanche to run us into the ground, either.

Do you want some proof that the union is evasive? Charly has something to do with the union, or at least he used to. He wants everybody to block my posts.

What happens if this bailout of financial institutions fails, and the dollar goes into the dumpster without COLA? I know, we will not be alone, but we may have given away the store on that one.

I know that many of you hate my guts because I am sometimes speaking against your religion. This shouldn't be religion. It should be open to logical independent thought.

We hate your guts because you never shut the fuck up and we have to scroll through pages of the garbage you spew when we come here. And NOBODY comes here to read your posts. :banghead:

Hmmm based on Trimm's post I am guessing ASHIFT so all those on A-Shift keep a look out for someone who's only concern right now is the COLA he is losing each week. Once again many don't like you, because all you care about is a few cents off your paycheck each week. Many of us have lost that, and +8hrs of lost over time! HOW MANY HOURS LESS ARE YOU WORKING?. As well how does it make you feel that 300+ Brothers and Sisters will be laid off soon if not enough people take the package.

Hmmm based on Trimm's post I am guessing ASHIFT so all those on A-Shift keep a look out for someone who's only concern right now is the COLA he is losing each week. Once again many don't like you, because all you care about is a few cents off your paycheck each week. Many of us have lost that, and +8hrs of lost over time! HOW MANY HOURS LESS ARE YOU WORKING?. As well how does it make you feel that 300+ Brothers and Sisters will be laid off soon if not enough people take the package.

Yes!! who cares about cola right now! it's over with we sold out to the company and useless union. Concern now is how night shift is getting the cock next week with no rights. Going to recieve phone call at home and told what shift to report to and what job. Senoirity means nothing anymore. Sit back night shift and bend over and wait for the union and company to corn hole you...

Yes!! who cares about cola right now! it's over with we sold out to the company and useless union. Concern now is how night shift is getting the cock next week with no rights. Going to recieve phone call at home and told what shift to report to and what job. Senoirity means nothing anymore. Sit back night shift and bend over and wait for the union and company to corn hole you...

You could always quit and not have a "useless" union looking after you..... see how that works out for ya, you can always come back in a year and give us a report on your luck in finding a better job..cya

If you had a clue you would realize that the States and Canada are in a recession/depression.......hard to sell your vehicles no matter how good they are...food and shelter tend to be more important.

You could always quit and not have a "useless" union looking after you..... see how that works out for ya, you can always come back in a year and give us a report on your luck in finding a better job..cya

If you had a clue you would realize that the States and Canada are in a recession/depression.......hard to sell your vehicles no matter how good they are...food and shelter tend to be more important.

your bend over and accept all atitude makes me belive you are one of the corn holers! brainwashed a-hole......

your bend over and accept all atitude makes me belive you are one of the corn holers! brainwashed a-hole......

What's the matter fuckwad? Afraid of actually working 8 hours? You fucking #1 shift whiners need it up the corn hole, double time. Bend over.....huge corn this year...now, will that be cow or sweet or both? :hysterical:

Ed.