OAC News

otp

What week is a blackout week for b shift, and what do you mean 4 hour shifts?

PP23

Also a possibility of an extra downweek to coincide with summer shutdown....either last week of June or last week of July.

Rumour making the rounds today of working days and nights again starting August....4hr shifts.

I'll believe it if/when it happens....there was a similiar rumour earlier this year except it was to begin in May and that ain't happening according to my source ( a higher up salaried individual who shall remain nameless here)

PP23

Also a possibility of an extra downweek to coincide with summer shutdown....either last week of June or last week of July.

Rumour making the rounds today of working days and nights again starting August....4hr shifts.

I'll believe it if/when it happens....there was a similiar rumour earlier this year except it was to begin in May and that ain't happening according to my source ( a higher up salaried individual who shall remain nameless here)

And that is what is most important, to protect the upper management that let loose lips leak info....Because as you know they are all really decent people and want to help us in anyway possible...In fact I heard that several people were suspended for numerous days because they were caught sleeping or some other infringements of the rules, But now after reading this, the upper management probably just wanted these folks to go home and spend some family time and reflect on their indiscretions... :kuko:

PP23

I heard the rumour of 4 hours in may, but not of 4 hours in august. It would be nice if they would give us a little bit of a time line

And that is what is most important, to protect the upper management that let loose lips leak info....Because as you know they are all really decent people and want to help us in anyway possible...In fact I heard that several people were suspended for numerous days because they were caught sleeping or some other infringements of the rules, But now after reading this, the upper management probably just wanted these folks to go home and spend some family time and reflect on their indiscretions... :kuko:

Colin, your level headed insights are an inspiration as usual..:-)

Well, here it is April 25th and still no access card. Since I didn't get it before the end of the last shift, they told us it would be mailed. Anyone else in this predicament? Guess I won't be getting in the plant when B shift goes back.

All the gym cards are suppose to be reprogramed to work at the gate too so try that if you have one, if not, happy holidays.

Ya, Isn't that something! We heard that some labour relations reps came into the body shop on night shift for the express purpose of catching people sleeping. The story going around is that they caught 4 guys having a nap and suspended them for 3 days. After doing their duty of suspending these guys, the reps went home to get some well deserved sleep and rest up to do the paper work the next day! But I guess Colin was right, they were just looking out for their best interests! After all, if you are not bright eyed and busy tailed doing you job you might get hurt!! A..HOLES!!

Ya, Isn't that something! We heard that some labour relations reps came into the body shop on night shift for the express purpose of catching people sleeping. The story going around is that they caught 4 guys having a nap and suspended them for 3 days. After doing their duty of suspending these guys, the reps went home to get some well deserved sleep and rest up to do the paper work the next day! But I guess Colin was right, they were just looking out for their best interests! After all, if you are not bright eyed and busy tailed doing you job you might get hurt!! A..HOLES!!

http://cfcnplus.workopolis.com/servlet/Con...section=TORSTAR

I heard the rumour of 4 hours in may, but not of 4 hours in august. It would be nice if they would give us a little bit of a time line

Heard a rumour today that 4 hrs. starting in may or june and then not long after the shutdown up to 3 shifts. That would be nice!!! :happy feet:

Do they have the hours posted for A shift for next week, because if they are laid off then the 4 hour rumour just went up in smoke! But it would be nice if it where true

have to wait thursday 2pm.

anyone else tired of seeing chasis union reps walking through trim all the time. are they afraid to show the face in chasis. how about walking up and down your own lines.

Edited by OTPisdead

Heard a rumour today that 4 hrs. starting in may or june and then not long after the shutdown up to 3 shifts. That would be nice!!! :happy feet:

Two shifts maybe but three shifts no way, manpower wise is impossible you need to bring back all laid off people and more, plus hire Supervisors which isn't going to happen in May or June, next year maybe.

Two shifts maybe but three shifts no way, manpower wise is impossible you need to bring back all laid off people and more, plus hire Supervisors which isn't going to happen in May or June, next year maybe.

Sorry didn't clarify myself I meant 3 shifts in body and paint by mid sept. or start of Oct. and plus just a midnight shift in the van body shop for the freestar.

Fellow OACers,

I've been reading this thread for the last couple of days and I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it quite disturbing that this company finds it necessary to keep everyone in the dark about the upcoming launch and our return to fulltime work. I tried to call the little plant managers office today to find out what the anticipated schedule for return to work might be, guess what, THEY HUNG UP ON ME.

All I can say is good f___ing luck with this launch with that Ahole in the managers office. You would think that a company in the trouble that this one is in would be concerned about the hearts and minds of the workforce in order to have a successful launch and return to profitability.

Frankly I've had enough, I was able to schedule all of my vacation time to run up against the shutdown and am headed for Alberta till August, hopefully by then the little Ahole is gone and the anxiety will be removed for my family.

See ya in August, good luck to all.

That is NOT happening. The May 4hrs thing was nixed over a month ago.

As for 3 shifts......not happening this year.

These can be confirmed:

The Electronic Gate Passes were handed out to A-shift employees today.

Starting May 1st, Ford is implementing the Ford Parking initiative. Employees driving Ford and vehicles part of the Ford group (Mazda, Volvo, Mercury, etc) will be given preferred parking. Non-Ford vehicles will be required to park in designated areas (At OAC that means the lot way the f#ck down next to the vehicle storage yard and the other lot near the main office by paint shop) Non-conforming vehicles parked in Ford only lots will be tagged and ticketed and if further non-compliance continues the vehicle will be towed at owner's expense.

See attached PDF's for full details and parking locations.

Let the whining commence...... :violin:

ford_parking002.pdf

ford_parking.pdf

Edited by WTF????

That is NOT happening. The May 4hrs thing was nixed over a month ago.

As for 3 shifts......not happening this year.

These can be confirmed:

The Electronic Gate Passes were handed out to A-shift employees today.

Starting May 1st, Ford is implementing the Ford Parking initiative. Employees driving Ford and vehicles part of the Ford group (Mazda, Volvo, Mercury, etc) will be given preferred parking. Non-Ford vehicles will be required to park in designated areas (At OAC that means the lot way the f#ck down next to the vehicle storage yard and the other lot near the main office by paint shop) Non-conforming vehicles parked in Ford only lots will be tagged and ticketed and if further non-compliance continues the vehicle will be towed at owner's expense.

See attached PDF's for full details and parking locations.

Let the whining commence...... :violin:

will they make an exception when they recall the laidoff workers, since i would like to buy a ford but cant afford it yet havent worked there long enough to make a commitment to a new vehicle so i think this would be fair. I agree with the idea but they gotta make exceptions for new employees.