OAC News

otp

This is the same as the newspapers were saying before the crash in 1929. It is all lies. You can't spend your way out of debt. The stock market will be inflated enough so the big players can sell and leave the suckers holding the bag. It will be called Obamageddon. They don't have any choice but to lie to you. If they told you the truth there would be a run on the banks. Japan and China are on the verge of ending credit to the US because they are printing up too much fake currency. This could very well destroy the dollar. Your pension check would not even buy you a pack of smokes. The Baby Boomer retirement will reduce consumer spending and tax revenues by an unprecedented amount. Instead of driving the economy, they will all be drawing government pensions.

I think that maybe Obama wants to use the destruction of the economy as an excuse to to set up a Fascist government. Dictatorships sprung up all over the world during the last Great Depression. What we need to do if the economy collapses is to go to a Libertarian system with minimal government.

Pensions will not be protected from hyperinflation. A living wage will have to be paid in order to get people to work; those who will have jobs, that is. It could be many thousands of dollars an hour, but be worth less than minimum wage.

You are a complete TOOL. What you post is bullsh@t

You are a complete TOOL. What you post is bullsh@t

I see that the plan is working. They have got you fooled. Did you check the stock market numbers to-day? The auto industry tanked in September. The "cash for clunkers" hangover really sucks. The "green shoots" are turning brown. Ford is hanging in because they are bucking the government take-over. The people who buy cars like that.

Say, your credit card is maxed out and you can't get any more credit. What should you do? You should look for ways to cut down on expenses and start to pay off the card. That is not what the government would do. The government would get another card, use it to make the minimum payments on the maxed out card, and max out the new card. They tell the public that this will fix the problem, and the public believes it.

Spending more money to build "green" cars does not create wealth. It just makes a product cost more and sell less. Government regulations for fuel economy, safety, and emissions are strangling the auto industry. It is overkill. The government is afraid that corporations will become more powerful than government. We are supposed to stronger than the government. Power corrupts. It is easier to get rid of a corrupt corporation than a corrupt government.

you surprise me: you don't know? I quess all your contacts retired eh

Happy Thanksgiving and many more

Same to you.

I get around. Maybe that information is hard to come by these days.

If they are stock-piling, why would they do that? Could they be planning a lock-out? Could they be planning to move the operations to the US? Maybe they have a lot of new orders from people who were oblivious to the "Cash for Clunkers" program. All this is far-fetched, but so are the times. Why are the negotiations taking so long?

Same to you.

If they are stock-piling, why would they do that? Could they be planning a lock-out? Could they be planning to move the operations to the US? Maybe they have a lot of new orders from people who were oblivious to the "Cash for Clunkers" program. All this is far-fetched, but so are the times. Why are the negotiations taking so long?

Canada is waiting to see what the UAW and Ford deal is going to be and then we {CAW} will get what's left. :idea: So relax and wait for the "other" footprint to drop.

Same to you.

Ford wants to resume talks with the CAW on Oct 26th, and the union has agreed.

Canada is waiting to see what the UAW and Ford deal is going to be and then we {CAW} will get what's left. :idea: So relax and wait for the "other" footprint to drop.

By then $1 Canadian will equal $2 U.S. It really is at that level now but it is hidden because the US dollar is being propped up by borrowed money from China.

Same to you.

Dingy, we have a thing called "NO STRIKE NO LOCKOUT" proviso in our contract.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First post of 2010 ! What happened to everyone?

Good to see so much positive press about Ford in the news and media these days. Ford can do no wrong, whether its quality, styling or the new CEO. There is a lot of resentment out there towards the other big 2, but the public is very aware that Ford did not take public assistance and the results are becoming manifest. Mullaly has done a great job. My, how things change and what volatile times we live in. Nevertheless with Mullaly at the helm, even a smaller Ford can look forward to competing with the best instead of being destroyed by the competition which was a possible scenario not to long ago. Wish I bought some Ford stock last year.

Can we say we are out of the woods now?

post-22352-1263356664_thumb.jpg