OAC News

otp

Interest rates are about to increase by ...average estimate....2% over the next short while. If you have a $200,000 mortgage, an extra 2% is $4,000 a year out of your net income, or up to $6,000 out of your gross income. With wages and COLA frozen, this amounts to a wage reduction; quite a sizable one....over a hundred bucks a week. This is just the beginning.

Does OAC still have 104 production employees on layoff?

With OAC's increasing sales, what is the short and long term staffing scenarios?

What is the speculation on the new product awarded during the last contract ratification?

I have heard that a third shift may come on stream early next year (February).

Thanks to those that reply.

Edited by fordwindsor

High seniority workers have been offered short work week, Sounds like a reduction before any call backs.

I have over 35 years, and nobody has offered me any short work week. Who started that one? We are on 8 hours. We can go 10 hours, plus voluntary Saturdays before we need to hire anyone.

We can build over 1200 units a day on 10 hours. Sales are running at about 16,000 a month US plus exports...say 20,000 a month. We can build that easily on 40 hours.

Edited by Trimdingman

I have over 35 years, and nobody has offered me any short work week. Who started that one? We are on 8 hours. We can go 10 hours, plus voluntary Saturdays before we need to hire anyone.

We can build over 1200 units a day on 10 hours. Sales are running at about 16,000 a month US plus exports...say 20,000 a month. We can build that easily on 40 hours.

You might want to speak to some drivers(in trim anyways) because they(higher sen) have been offered short work week ... that is fact ...too many of them they'll be out sourced next......

You might want to speak to some drivers(in trim anyways) because they(higher sen) have been offered short work week ... that is fact ...too many of them they'll be out sourced next......

Does anyone know the extent of the outsourcing that was agreed to in the contract? It seems like the union is keeping it secret. Is the same union going to be representing the new workers that will be doing these jobs for less than half the pay? We need to start thinking along the lines of Bob White in 1984. We got rid of the UAW partly because they favored U.S. workers over Canadian workers. There was a definite conflict of interest. Now, it seems like they already know that we will soon be all outsourced, and they are securing their own survival as we go down the tubes. We need a union that will stand by us through thick and thin, and go down with us if it comes to that; not a bunch of chickenshits that will cut and run if the going gets tough. We don't belong to the union. The U in union is useless. They will abandon us if it comes down to life and death struggle. If we were part of them, they would have to go down with us. They are just an agency and we pay them a fee for services rendered. We are not a part of it. That is just brainwashing to gain control. I have known that all along.

Edited by Trimdingman

I have over 35 years, and nobody has offered me any short work week. Who started that one? We are on 8 hours. We can go 10 hours, plus voluntary Saturdays before we need to hire anyone..

A few have taken sww on B shift last week and this week. Not really high seniority (22 years) but I wish I had been offered it.

A few have taken sww on B shift last week and this week. Not really high seniority (22 years) but I wish I had been offered it.

Hi guys, I just joined the board, anyways ... I'm in Material Handling and I've heard that some of the guys on B Shift took SWW, I also heard that someone on A Shift in our Dept got it as well, but I couldn't find out who, but I think I know who it might be???

That's right, we don't need to hire anyone but TPTs, we can work 6 days a week with less break time, more work added onto our jobs and 2 weeks less vacation.

How about creating some "sunset" jobs out of the remaining premium jobs. As it is now, senior workers have to hop, skip, and jump to get them. Two "stock chaser" jobs are on the board. You have to belong to the department to bid on them. A little "psst psst" in the ear by some company or union rep to the senior worker they like, and they bid into the appropriate department ahead of the premium job posting. It is wide open for corruption. These jobs should be open to all workers.

Stop supporting the leadership, which includes the master bargaining committee, who supports the selling of our sunset jobs.

Can't see how this union will be able to serve two seperate interests at the same time in the same work enviroment. Looks to me like there will have to be some kind of merger at some point which doesn't bode well for the higher wage worker. All the "not mes" out there should reconsider their positions too, pensioners, trades and finally management are not untouchable. Its happened many times across North America, Walmartization is a very real thing and it starts by convincing the indiviual they are worth just a little more then the guy next to them.

Out of a job yet? Keep supporting leadership who support concessions.

why are u blaming the union, the membership ratified outsourcing the engine and dash line to get the investment to make our plant a world wide flexiable manufacturing plant by 90%, priemier of course was different when the membership rejected the agreement but was carried by the other plants. your not saying the membership is stupid are you, after all they are the ones who make the final decision? do you want the union to say no to everything or do you want them to make sure are plant is working and bring back the best possible deal for the membership to make the decision. again another member who has had the union holding their hand and wants to whine on his computer how bad they have it. this has been said before and needs to be repeated, if your life is that miserable working at ford...Quit..... know one is forcing you to be here, but we all know why you wont leave, is that youre not going to find a job making this kind of money, benefits, pension, ive been working at ford for 23 years and have seen alot of changes good and bad, but at the end of the day i bring home a good pay check to give my family a decent standard of living and looking forward to retire with a good pension

This sounds like a union rep, if we wanted lower wages and part time work we would quit, the union didn't "save our jobs", the plant is going nowhere and our jobs are going to Premier and Automodular. The membership voted YES because the leadership scared them with "VOTE NO AND THE PLANT WILL CLOSE" , yes we want them to say NO to CONcessions, and never once in over a year before ratification were the membership informed, the in-plant language was not discussed at ratication, and we have to whine on our computers because they cut Lindsay's microphone, that's that worker who speaks up for other workers, oh btw your pension is going down the drain too, enjoy retiring into poverty.

Does OAC still have 104 production employees on layoff?

With OAC's increasing sales, what is the short and long term staffing scenarios?

What is the speculation on the new product awarded during the last contract ratification?

I have heard that a third shift may come on stream early next year (February).

Thanks to those that reply.

The "secret" product we were awarded will come after the contract ends so we have to vote on it again.

The collapse of our fiat paper currency will probably happen long before we get our COLA back. It will be good for people with big mortgages, as they will be able to pay them off with pocket change. It won't be so good for people with savings and paper investments, because they will end up broke. We will be making $34 an hour, which will buy next to nothing. At least with COLA, we may need a wheel barrow to carry our cash in, but we would maintain our buying power. They will pay us maybe a couple of million dollars a day, enough to put food on the table. Pensioners can kiss it good-bye. This isn't a joke. You may wake up some day soon and it will have already happened. I am going to stock up on canned food.

The collapse of our fiat paper currency will probably happen long before we get our COLA back. It will be good for people with big mortgages, as they will be able to pay them off with pocket change. It won't be so good for people with savings and paper investments, because they will end up broke. We will be making $34 an hour, which will buy next to nothing. At least with COLA, we may need a wheel barrow to carry our cash in, but we would maintain our buying power. They will pay us maybe a couple of million dollars a day, enough to put food on the table. Pensioners can kiss it good-bye. This isn't a joke. You may wake up some day soon and it will have already happened. I am going to stock up on canned food.

I hope you can afford to buy a can opener

has anyone heard about any call backs??? now that we are back on 10 hrs??? :reading:

I heard we are only on 10hrs for 1 week and then a flucuating schedule for 4-5 more weeks.We won't be back on 10's until the 11's are out.Even then after the initial dealer stock up it will depend on sales...don't hold your breath.