OAC News

otp

I just got a job working for UPS , so that works for me. :stirpot:

Are you also a Ford employee? If not, you must have too much time on your hands or something. This forum is for Ford employees only.

Does anyone know in any detail what we are looking at for parts shortages? Surely somebody must know. Why isn't the information available? :stirpot:

Edited by Trimdingman

Are you also a Ford employee? If not, you must have too much time on your hands or something. This forum is for Ford employees only.

Does anyone know in any detail what we are looking at for parts shortages? Surely somebody must know. Why isn't the information available? :stirpot:

I am a former Employee of Ford St Thomas .. took the buyout ..

Can anyone at OAC please post info as to what is happening at the plant. The news about the company has dried up. Your brothers and sisters in St. Thomas and Windsor would like to know what is happening.

We are waiting for the Japan parts shortages to come. Nobody knows what will happen then. There are excess workers, but so far, no lay-offs. The schedule is 8 hours day shift; 10 hours afternoon shift. Body is 9 and 10. We got applications for summer students a couple of weeks ago. There is no word or rumors of any new product. You will hear it in the media before you read it here.

We are waiting for the Japan parts shortages to come. Nobody knows what will happen then. There are excess workers, but so far, no lay-offs. The schedule is 8 hours day shift; 10 hours afternoon shift. Body is 9 and 10. We got applications for summer students a couple of weeks ago. There is no word or rumors of any new product. You will hear it in the media before you read it here.

I heard the japan part shortage shouldn't effect us much.We are currently on 8hr schedule until after shutdown,reason iwas told by the union was because of the lack of pistons for the engines we use.I asked one of the launch team members about new product and he said only a re-fresh on the flex and mkt.Nothing new until 2015.It would be nice if the company(plant manager) kept us informed of the situation.Like usual Ford likes to keep us in the dark about everything and then expect us to turn our lives upside down at the drop of a hat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you suggesting 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off again!?!?! I'm IN!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

P.S Maybe You can finally RETIRE ?????? :tease:

Gold this morning is $1759 an ounce. I am not going on a fixed pension when high or hyper inflation is just around the corner. Two weeks on and two weeks off will soon be "sans SUB"; more like one shift, if it comes. I am going to invest in a wheelbarrow to carry my worthless cash.

Gold this morning is $1759 an ounce. I am not going on a fixed pension when high or hyper inflation is just around the corner. Two weeks on and two weeks off will soon be "sans SUB"; more like one shift, if it comes. I am going to invest in a wheelbarrow to carry my worthless cash.

MY MY he's back. Buy a big wheelbarrow, you are going on overtime

MY MY he's back. Buy a big wheelbarrow, you are going on overtime

I remember a picture of a guy in Germany pushing a wheelbarrow full of cash. He didn't look very rich. If we go on overtime, I will need two wheelbarrows.

We are still in recession. All economists that are not paid by vested interests say so. The signs are all there; the money-printing; inability to raise interest rates to at or above the rate of inflation; price of gold skyrocketing; firming up of the U.S. dollar even though it is being counterfeited by the Fed at an alarming rate (that is a sign of a flight from the stock market). People are trading worthless stocks for even more worthless dollars and $1750 an ounce gold. It is getting more and more difficult to find a place to park your wealth without losing it. Conditions around the globe are deteriorating. There is famine in Africa. There is rioting in Europe with many EU nations teetering on bankruptcy. In the U.S., unemployment is staggering, and not improving despite the stimulus on "borrowed" money. (good luck on getting that back) The auto industry is still chugging along, but for how much longer?

Edited by Trimdingman

• 3 weeks later...