OAC News

otp

I'm not one to say I told you so but.....vehicle launch history repeats itself.....A-shift worked 10 hrs today.

How was the parking B-shifters? LOL!!

What department worked 10?

I TOO AM 1 OF THE LAID OFF WORKERS I READ THAT YOU GUYS ARE SHORT ABOUT 200 OR SO WORKERS AND SOMEONE DID MENTION THAT THERE ARE 244 LAID OFF, NOW REMEMBER WE ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE STEAM WORKERS WHEN THEY WERE TOLD THEY WERE GOINING TO LAYOFF 4 OF THEM, THEY ALL WENT ON STRIKE TO PROTEST IT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT THEY STUCK UP FOR EACH OTHER BY WALKING OFF THE JOB TO PROTECT THEIR BROTHERS OR SISTERS ANY WAY WELL IF 200 OR SO PEOPLE ARE NEEDED WHY DOESNT ALL THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS PROTEST FOR US AND HELP US GET OUR JOBS BACK OR ARE WE ALL JUST " I GOT MY JOB F@#$ THE OTHERS" THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SHOWN CONCERN FOR US, I THANK YOU ALSO 1 VOICE IS NOT ENOUGH BUT IF WE GET A THOUSAND OR SO PEOPLE BITCHING AT MANAGEMENT MAYBE THEY JUST MIGHT LISTEN ALSO ALL OUR JOBS ARE TIED TO THIS EDGE AND WHAT EVER COMES THIS WAY AND IF THE MANPOWER IS THERE THEY CAN GET OFF AN EXCELLENT LAUNCH AND GET PEOPLE BACK TO BUYING FORD PRODUCTS AGAIN. LETS PUT OUR FOOT DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh: If you're laid off you'd think ya'd have the time to read a newspaper or watch several news programs to learn what is going on in the real world. I can't imagine what your tirade was before you edited it! :blah:

LETS PUT OUR FOOT DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull I think you need to face the fact that you may not be called back. In fact you may be joined by many more of us in the near future. If you think some kind of job action will get you back to work then I think you may be a little out of touch with reality. No offense.

People don't look at the reality of the situation.

The plant is not there to provide jobs.

It is there to build vehicles and make money.

Ya but when upper management at oac is getting too greedy and try to run the way they are it is going to be worse at this critical and crucial launch. I think it's about time we start doing more than8 u's and hour (rough #)it's oct. 3.

What department worked 10?

:doh: If you're laid off you'd think ya'd have the time to read a newspaper or watch several news programs to learn what is going on in the real world. I can't imagine what your tirade was before you edited it! :blah:

THE ONLY EDIT I MADE WAS REMOVING A SMILEY FACE

OK HOLD ON HERE LET ME RE PHRASE WHAT I MEANT WHILE READING IN THIS FORM, I READ THAT MANPOWER WAS SHORT 200 OR SO. SO WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS, INSTEAD OF MAKING YOU GUYS WORK HARDER AND DOING MORE WORK THAN YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. WAS TO BITCH AT MANAGEMENT AND HENCE MAYBE THEY JUST MIGHT LISTEN AND START CALLING THE LAID OFF PEOPLE BACK THATS ALL. THE WHOLE FACT IS THAT WE WANT AND HOPE TO GET OUR JOBS BACK AND THATS IT. iF I OFFENDED ANYONE I APPOLIGIZE.

THE ONLY EDIT I MADE WAS REMOVING A SMILEY FACE

OK HOLD ON HERE LET ME RE PHRASE WHAT I MEANT WHILE READING IN THIS FORM, I READ THAT MANPOWER WAS SHORT 200 OR SO. SO WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS, INSTEAD OF MAKING YOU GUYS WORK HARDER AND DOING MORE WORK THAN YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. WAS TO BITCH AT MANAGEMENT AND HENCE MAYBE THEY JUST MIGHT LISTEN AND START CALLING THE LAID OFF PEOPLE BACK THATS ALL. THE WHOLE FACT IS THAT WE WANT AND HOPE TO GET OUR JOBS BACK AND THATS IT. iF I OFFENDED ANYONE I APPOLIGIZE.

Bull You need to reliase that Ford Is here to make money at all costs profit is the name of the game every single employee is a cost. Right now the corporation is in protectionism mode from the top down it rolling down to us lttle guys fast. I personally think they are going to try and cut more, right now they are at 19.5 hrs they want 19.1. So Quit complaining and get off your duff and tell your friends to start buying those edges/MKX's and we want you folks back the more working the better for us all. With the next truck the hrs will have to go up due to it's complexity.

Or you can always go here.

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is seeking motivated team players who share a passion for continuous improvement, to work in the Cambridge and/or Woodstock plants. The three skilled trades positions include Maintenance Technicians, Tool and Die Technicians, and Millwrights. The positions will appeal to licensed Electricians with the appropriate technical certificates, and a strong industrial background. Drawing on your related experience, you will provide PLC and robotics programming and troubleshooting. Excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills are essential. You must be able to work rotating shifts. Please send your resume in confidence to Toyota@cdicorp.com. (Word format only)

Bull You need to reliase that Ford Is here to make money at all costs profit is the name of the game every single employee is a cost. Right now the corporation is in protectionism mode from the top down it rolling down to us lttle guys fast. I personally think they are going to try and cut more, right now they are at 19.5 hrs they want 19.1. So Quit complaining and get off your duff and tell your friends to start buying those edges/MKX's and we want you folks back the more working the better for us all. With the next truck the hrs will have to go up due to it's complexity.

I just emailed this webpage to everyone in my address book.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/futurevehicles/2007edge/

I suggest that we all try it. What the hell, it can't hurt to help get the word out. I like the Edge and I certainly didn't feel the same about the Freestar.

WHILE READING IN THIS FORM, I READ THAT MANPOWER WAS SHORT 200 OR SO.

Everything you read on this forum is highly speculative.

Just out of curiosity how long have you been laid-off? Have you picked up any work? Volunteered for anything or taken a course paid for by pogy?

wow you write a little something in this forum and the whole world comes screaming i knew i shouldnt have written anything best to just drop it and hey if it gets busy there just maybe well be back see ya all !!!! no disrespect to any one but some people are just so negative gotta have faith that well be back and hopefully soon again see ya.

:happy feet: :bandance: :shrug:

:doh: I cant tell which people are management and which are union members on this post.Couple friends with 25 yr.+ said they have never seen anything like this,one person doing 3 jobs. :cry: The place is just a disaster, absentees in my zone still dont know there jobs 10 days from job 1.People screwing the person beside them to leave 10min. early.Management taking advantage of everyone and no union insight.Everybody give your head a shake and work by the rules,no "do you think you can help me out and put that part on all make sure you get a 3.9 or a day off when where busy."And just because we got a flex plant doesnt mean we just throw away the last 35 years of negotiating down the toliet no matter how bad ford says there doing.And for the layoff employees you will be back,problem is when.

some people are just so negative gotta have faith that well be back and hopefully soon again see ya.

Bull I hope you don’t interpret my comments as negative or disrespectful. I guess what I’m trying to tell you is don’t depend on the company or anyone else for that matter and take steps to look after yourself for your own future.

Regards

:doh: I cant tell which people are management and which are union members on this post.Couple friends with 25 yr.+ said they have never seen anything like this,one person doing 3 jobs. :cry: The place is just a disaster, absentees in my zone still dont know there jobs 10 days from job 1.People screwing the person beside them to leave 10min. early.Management taking advantage of everyone and no union insight.Everybody give your head a shake and work by the rules,no "do you think you can help me out and put that part on all make sure you get a 3.9 or a day off when where busy."And just because we got a flex plant doesnt mean we just throw away the last 35 years of negotiating down the toliet no matter how bad ford says there doing.And for the layoff employees you will be back,problem is when.

Yes, I agree. It is better if you wait until you can build a quality product, and have a secure future, than rush it, and launch something that does not sell. What you are now seeing is routine for an all new launch. I have been inolved in many. It gets crazy at times, but that is the excitement of the auto industry. It gets into your blood.

Some launches involved minor changes. The 1997 F-150 launch was big, but Norfolk did the heavy lifting; Kansas City followed; and we learned from their mistakes, and had the best launch in the history of the Ford Motor Company. Here, we are on our own. Nobody else is building the Edge. We are like Norfolk on the 1997 F-150. At one point, there were over 600 issues on the 1997 F-150. They all got taken care of before the launch, and we built the best truck that the world has ever seen. If you have a suggestion, submit it. The only bad idea is the one that you keep to yourself. As for the laid-off employees, the market will decide when they get back to work. Build something that people will buy. We are all part of the Ford Motor Company, so we are all partly responsible for how Ford makes out.

Always speak well of Ford. It is a great company, and it looks after us. Drive what you build, or what your brothers and sisters build. If you work for Ford, and drive a non-Ford, you are Benedict Arnold. Do you not have faith in what you build? What does that say to the car-buying public? You are not only cutting your own throat, but also all of ours. Dump the s**tbox and buy a real car, or truck. If you have a problem with that statement, then you should not be working for Ford.

The union will look out for us. Sometimes it means swallowing tough medicine, but remember, they have a lot more to lose than we do, so have faith.

Edited by Trimdingman

Yes, I agree. It is better if you wait until you can build a quality product, and have a secure future, than rush it, and launch something that does not sell. What you are now seeing is routine for an all new launch. I have been inolved in many. It gets crazy at times, but that is the excitement of the auto industry. It gets into your blood.

Some launches involved minor changes. The 1997 F-150 launch was big, but Norfolk did the heavy lifting; Kansas City followed; and we learned from their mistakes, and had the best launch in the history of the Ford Motor Company. Here, we are on our own. Nobody else is building the Edge. We are like Norfolk on the 1997 F-150. At one point, there were over 600 issues on the 1997 F-150. They all got taken care of before the launch, and we built the best truck that the world has ever seen. If you have a suggestion, submit it. The only bad idea is the one that you keep to yourself. As for the laid-off employees, the market will decide when they get back to work. Build something that people will buy. We are all part of the Ford Motor Company, so we are all partly responsible for how Ford makes out.

Always speak well of Ford. It is a great company, and it looks after us. Drive what you build, or what your brothers and sisters build. If you work for Ford, and drive a non-Ford, you are Benedict Arnold. Do you not have faith in what you build? What does that say to the car-buying public? You are not only cutting your own throat, but also all of ours. Dump the s**tbox and buy a real car, or truck. If you have a problem with that statement, then you should not be working for Ford.

The union will look out for us. Sometimes it means swallowing tough medicine, but remember, they have a lot more to lose than we do, so have faith.

This is the excitement of the auto industry? What excitement? I work on the dash line and we made about 35 dashes today. It wasn't exciting.

Trim and Chassis 10 hours all week (trim A did 9.5 monday).

Next week it will be 10's again... They don't want the line to stop running (that 1 hour break between shifts).

I heard they were supposed to be bringing back some people, can anyone confirm that rumour?

Also I think the union is bending over backwards just to help with the launch and not have problems with the workers (its better than thinking the union sold us out and they don't care, either way we'll see what has happened).

I figure we'll be doing 10's till about mid December (just for numbers). As for the layoffed people, the'll probably come back eventually.

This is the excitement of the auto industry? What excitement? I work on the dash line and we made about 35 dashes today. It wasn't exciting.

Next week it will be 10's again... They don't want the line to stop running (that 1 hour break between shifts).

I heard they were supposed to be bringing back some people, can anyone confirm that rumour?

Also I think the union is bending over backwards just to help with the launch and not have problems with the workers (its better than thinking the union sold us out and they don't care, either way we'll see what has happened).

I figure we'll be doing 10's till about mid December (just for numbers). As for the layoffed people, the'll probably come back eventually.

They have bring back some people, when they will I don't know? that is the magic question. My guess is not until they start running more U units cause then they can't use the body and paint people anymore.

I have spent over half of my life working for Ford. I have worked in every department, and have done a great many different jobs, and brought home some whopping big paychecks. I have been through a few ups and downs along the way. To me, it has been exciting.

This Sounds like Trim Bshift ya I had Problems there also but I dealt with them.

i think they bring some of us back soon within a month maybe about 100 or so but i dont think it will last for long. there trying to stall as long as they can to see if they can run like this until they stop building the freestar because than they will have enough man power to handle just building the edge and mk10. i think that we will get called back but only if either the edge sales take off and the demand is there to put in a third shift or when they start the launch of the new fairlane which wont be until late 2007. im hoping that edge sales take off anda third shift is required so we can all come back to work and also so when they stop building the freestar there wont be any more brothers and sisters laid off with the rest of us. i love the new edge from what ive seen its going to be a hit im hopeing to buy one for me and my fiance if i get called back.

so to everyone on layoff tell all your family and friends about the new product and tell them how great it is and hopefully we can all see the benefits from it. but to us on layoff dont get to excited if we get called back because it may be temporay until the cancel the freestar than we may be back home again until they start building the new fairlane than we should be called back and safe for a long time i hope.. :baby:

cheers

I'll guarantee you we will not see 3 shifts for trim and chassis building just Edges and Freestars. I'm confident the Edge will sell but it won't sell at 200,000+ units per year (Ford projects 150K per year). We'd need production numbers of 250,000 units of Edge and Freestar combined for the company to dump 10 hr shifts and go to a 3 shift operation, otherwise it'll be 2 shifts workings 48 hr weeks just like the old days when Windstars sold like hotcakes. Some would ask why but the simple fact is money.....it's cheaper for Ford to pay the OT than pay wages and benefits to another shift's worth of bodies when 2 shifts working OT can accomodate production requirements of 250,000 units per year.

Ford will bring back some of the people laid off when things ramp up but the fact it most will be waiting until the Fairlane gets underway in late 2007. For those that were laid off in the 1st go round (the low guys that were in that sub 2 years seniority group) I hope you find/found a job because I think they have a snowballs chance in hell of ever coming back given the inevitable influx of Windsor and St.Thomas layoffs.

Some would ask why but the simple fact is money.....it's cheaper for Ford to pay the OT than pay wages and benefits to another shift's worth of bodies when 2 shifts working OT can accomodate production requirements of 250,000 units per year.

You are using logic again be carefull Ford dropped that shit about 5 years ago.