new plant for the 2010 fusion

noub

Is there any plan to retool a plant for the 2010 triplet (fusion, milan, mkz)?

we have the news that Louisville will be retooled for the C2 focus in 2010.

But I think Ford need to increase their production capacity for the 2010 fusion !

What will happen if people want to buy it at a 35'000/month rate !

The merge with the EUCD is far enough to retool a plant for the CD3 platform now

Maybe move Mustang out of AAI plant and convert it to a second dedicated CD3/EUCD plant.

USA/Canada retools a plant similar to Aussie Broadmeadows for Mustang/"Falcon"/"Territory"

Just my two cents. :)

Edited by jpd80

is it weird that there is no annoucement on this topic !

they said they want to increase their car capacity. Adding a third shift building the focus and the escape is a good move until the C2 generation arrives.

They should do something now for the mid size car capacity. If toyota can sell 50 000 camry per month, ford can sell 30 000 fusion per month in a growing market.

is it weird that there is no annoucement on this topic !

they said they want to increase their car capacity. Adding a third shift building the focus and the escape is a good move until the C2 generation arrives.

They should do something now for the mid size car capacity. If toyota can sell 50 000 camry per month, ford can sell 30 000 fusion per month in a growing market.

but I think they first want to see that the demand is there before they do it because they dont want to have to sell the cars with more rebates and hermosillo is not yet running at 100% production

Well, they have a lot of rebates and fleet sales to give up on the models before they need more capacity, but I do believe they'll need it.

I thought Hermosillo had room for a second line, and if that is true, I would bet that would be the first place of expansion. The second candidate, if Hermosillo is not expandable would be AAI, next to the Mazda6, of course. I do believe that if the redesign is complete - i.e. Ford didn't cut any corners or make any glaring omissions - that they will need all of Hermosillo's capacity and then some. I could see total CD3 sales hitting 275k in the U.S. without much pushing, 25k in Canada and 15k in other markets. That's a bit higher than Hermosillo's capacity, and doesn't account for new hybrid production effort. Depending on the depth of switch to cars and Ford's hybrid production, I could see 350k rate between the triplets within 18 months just in the U.S., which would completely overwhelm Hermosillo.

I would think in future the Fusion would be moving to be bigger, more expensive. The C2 Focus would be doing the same. The Fiesta will take some of the lower Focus sales, the Focus will take some of the lower Fusion sales. In 2 years they may not need the extra capacity. Also people are buying sedans right now because they are cheap. If the economy is stronger in 2 years, people will be buying small CUV's instead of Fusions.

Well, they have a lot of rebates and fleet sales to give up on the models before they need more capacity, but I do believe they'll need it.

I thought Hermosillo had room for a second line, and if that is true, I would bet that would be the first place of expansion. The second candidate, if Hermosillo is not expandable would be AAI, next to the Mazda6, of course. I do believe that if the redesign is complete - i.e. Ford didn't cut any corners or make any glaring omissions - that they will need all of Hermosillo's capacity and then some. I could see total CD3 sales hitting 275k in the U.S. without much pushing, 25k in Canada and 15k in other markets. That's a bit higher than Hermosillo's capacity, and doesn't account for new hybrid production effort. Depending on the depth of switch to cars and Ford's hybrid production, I could see 350k rate between the triplets within 18 months just in the U.S., which would completely overwhelm Hermosillo.

I'd say Hermosillo is on track this year for those 275,000 USA sales, and the other production you said.

Last year, the CD3 Triplets nearly hit 250,000 in the USA alone and are up 10,000 sales so far this year.

The factory seems to be coping with three shifts and I believe there's still room to expand if needed.

Edited by jpd80

What capacity is Hermosillo at right now? Does anyone officially know?

I figured it wasn't 100%, but I don't have the figures.

300,000 has been quoted in the press and the third shift was added last year.

I'd say it is running close to that at the moment depending on product mix,

Milan MKZ can be paused for more Fusion or even moved to AAI.

Edited by jpd80

ford will need more capacity next year !

if the maximum production is 300'000 units per year and this year, 275 000 units will be reached !

look at the market trends, the camry sold last month at 50 000 units rate.

look also at the focus, no-one last year could predict sales like this.

I think ford definitively needs more capacity with the updates 2010 model.

ford will need more capacity next year !

if the maximum production is 300'000 units per year and this year, 275 000 units will be reached !

look at the market trends, the camry sold last month at 50 000 units rate.

look also at the focus, no-one last year could predict sales like this.

I think ford definitively needs more capacity with the updates 2010 model.

F150 sold n the 400-450 range in the 90's then it went to over 900K. So markets change and change fast.

Is there any plan to retool a plant for the 2010 triplet (fusion, milan, mkz)?

we have the news that Louisville will be retooled for the C2 focus in 2010.

But I think Ford need to increase their production capacity for the 2010 fusion !

What will happen if people want to buy it at a 35'000/month rate !

The merge with the EUCD is far enough to retool a plant for the CD3 platform now

Louisville will be CD capable as well.