gettlefinger

swhoosier

Nobody makes an individual run for Union office, it is all voluntary. As far as the pay raise, the majority of the delegates at the Convention are union lackeys who would vote anything in if the person whose ass their heads are stuck in told them to vote for it in. Once again, lead by example. International sure seems to be more white collar than the blue collar that they are suppose to represent. It was already decided who the President was going to be. The voting was just a formality.

Dtp worked 7/12's? That is the only way any Tradesmen may have a chance to make over $150,000...I call BULLSHIT.

Perhaps it is you, who should pull their head out of the sand.

yng jedi. He turned out to be a traitor also. :devil2: What a fitting name for such a foolish upstart .

Hope you "join the force" real soon idiot. :rip:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody makes an individual run for Union office, it is all voluntary. As far as the pay raise, the majority of the delegates at the Convention are union lackeys who would vote anything in if the person whose ass their heads are stuck in told them to vote for it in. Once again, lead by example. International sure seems to be more white collar than the blue collar that they are suppose to represent. It was already decided who the President was going to be. The voting was just a formality.

Dtp worked 7/12's? That is the only way any Tradesmen may have a chance to make over $150,000...I call BULLSHIT.

Perhaps it is you, who should pull their head out of the sand.

Young Jedi,

There is much for you to learn. You see I was once like you hating the Union structure, pointing fingers, criticize every move the Union made. Then I got involed with my committee, asking questions, getting involved. I found out all of reasoning behind the Unions reactions and why they did certain things to be proactive. You need to get involved, you will feel much better about yourself.

BTW I made over 150,000 last year. No bullshit here.

No go learn about Unionism and get involved with your committee and local, Young Jedi.

Anything less is just a lame excuse.

NAFTA is the SHAFTA for American workers.USA politics is very corrupt.All a politician is,is a rich man`s whore.My plant closed and half the work went to Canada and half went to Mexico.Gettlefinger did not do that.Americans hate each other.Gettlefinger did not cause that.If it was not for the UAW I would not have a job at Ford after my home plant closed.I am grateful to Ron

And just what work from your plant went to Canada? Don't think for one minute that Canadian workers agreed with the initial US Canadian Free Trade Agreement. The CAW took out full page ads in all the major newspapers all across Canada warning of the implications. NAFTA was just another deal to benefit Corporations at the expense of the workers, citizens and jobs. They call it neo-conservatism. The big winners were Mexico and Corporations. Canada got the short end of the stick and is still getting it. Although the shaft is getting longer every day.

Ed.

Young Jedi,

There is much for you to learn. You see I was once like you hating the Union structure, pointing fingers, criticize every move the Union made. Then I got involed with my committee, asking questions, getting involved. I found out all of reasoning behind the Unions reactions and why they did certain things to be proactive. You need to get involved, you will feel much better about yourself.

BTW I made over 150,000 last year. No bullshit here.

No go learn about Unionism and get involved with your committee and local, Young Jedi.

Anything less is just a lame excuse.

I was once like you too Jedi.....you will learn with age.....may the force be with you!! :hysterical:

Skilled and Level we could argue the 1 example i gave until all of us are dead , lets agree to disagree OK ?

Skilled read all of my posts on this topic before you reply to a single one of my posts please I am well informed that that was a motion and was voted on by the con con delegates, and to them they get a thumbs down as well.

Wanna give me the tallies for who voted for what at each con con ? then maybe i can make a truly informed decision, as was said most people at the con con's don't have the balls to speak out against anything that may hurt there ladder climb up the Union food chain so the fact this proposal passed does not surprise me.

Level I believe you get what you pay for , but you and I can agree on when the company cries broke for concessions and then gives themselves bonuses or pay raises we would be some of the first crying foul right ? the 1 example I gave was just one example and sadly it was 8 or 9 months after the UAW leadership sold us on the first VEBA.

Again we can just agree to disagree, and maybe I will see you guys at a meeting or convention someday as I am one that gets involved and doesn't just sit around bitching all the time.

Edited by lquidspine

The jobs pay less than any Unit Chairman makes....way less. If you want someone who knows what they are doing, you need to make it a least a lateral for him/her to take the job...not a demotion/cut in pay. It is also a salary job, so no overtime....but plenty...and i mean plenty of free time after hours are devoted to this Union with no pay. Weekends for free also. Also, if you follow the Unions raises and the membership raises...you will see that the membership received more than the union.

If you want sacrifice...remember one thing.....you will get what you pay for.

New reps start out at 72k now don't they? We are getting what we pay for. Crap.

Skilled and Level we could argue the 1 example i gave until all of us are dead , lets agree to disagree OK ?

Skilled read all of my posts on this topic before you reply to a single one of my posts please I am well informed that that was a motion and was voted on by the con con delegates, and to them they get a thumbs down as well.

Wanna give me the tallies for who voted for what at each con con ? then maybe i can make a truly informed decision, as was said most people at the con con's don't have the balls to speak out against anything that may hurt there ladder climb up the Union food chain so the fact this proposal passed does not surprise me.

Level I believe you get what you pay for , but you and I can agree on when the company cries broke for concessions and then gives themselves bonuses or pay raises we would be some of the first crying foul right ? the 1 example I gave was just one example and sadly it was 8 or 9 months after the UAW leadership sold us on the first VEBA.

Again we can just agree to disagree, and maybe I will see you guys at a meeting or convention someday as I am one that gets involved and doesn't just sit around bitching all the time.

There are actually a lot of people who stand and ask questions at the con con!!

I hope you do stay involved!! As far as the VEBA goes....I truly think that it was the best thing considering....if one of these companies go bankrupt...the republican judicial system right now would fk our retirees in a second. If we are off a bit, we can go back at it in 2011 or in other negotiations. I personally do not think in 2011 they will be able to tell where the 30 yr outlook will be at, but we must protect our retirees....even at our cost....Especially at our cost!!

I can remember Stephen Yokich saying that we will pay before our retirees pay. He has since passed (God Bless Him), he was a great leader, but things have drastically change since he left. Lets hope this current leadership brings us out of this mess!! We all must count on them!!

There are actually a lot of people who stand and ask questions at the con con!!

I hope you do stay involved!! As far as the VEBA goes....I truly think that it was the best thing considering....if one of these companies go bankrupt...the republican judicial system right now would fk our retirees in a second. If we are off a bit, we can go back at it in 2011 or in other negotiations. I personally do not think in 2011 they will be able to tell where the 30 yr outlook will be at, but we must protect our retirees....even at our cost....Especially at our cost!!

I can remember Stephen Yokich saying that we will pay before our retirees pay. He has since passed (God Bless Him), he was a great leader, but things have drastically change since he left. Lets hope this current leadership brings us out of this mess!! We all must count on them!!

I to believe that the VEBA( 05 and the continuation with the 07 contract) was in the best interest of those that paved the way for what we have, my disagreement was with how 9 months later the raise was brought up and passed at the very next con con not even a year had passed since we gave up our last raise( more than likely the last ones we will see in a very long time).

As some have stated on this post you lead by example not go the opposite way.

I have questioned some of the strike choices also on this thread , and with very valid reasons ( even if only I myself think so).

I am not trying to say that Mr. Gettlefinger is terrible however I will simply say that even in these tough times , It seems he could be a little tougher without sinking the ship. Honestly unless something changes real fast in this country ( not just the UAW). All working class are screwed and It's hard to live to fight another day when by the end of this contract Ford will probably be 20 to 30k union workers and that workforce is loosing its strength in numbers if we already haven't lost our strength !!

Edited by lquidspine

I to believe that the VEBA( 05 and the continuation with the 07 contract) was in the best interest of those that paved the way for what we have, my disagreement was with how 9 months later the raise was brought up and passed at the very next con con not even a year had passed since we gave up our last raise( more than likely the last ones we will see in a very long time).

As some have stated on this post you lead by example not go the opposite way.

I have questioned some of the strike choices also on this thread , and with very valid reasons ( even if only I myself think so).

I am not trying to say that Mr. Gettlefinger is terrible however I will simply say that even in these tough times , It seems he could be a little tougher without sinking the ship. Honestly unless something changes real fast in this country ( not just the UAW). All working class are screwed and It's hard to live to fight another day when by the end of this contract Ford will probably be 20 to 30k union workers and that workforce is loosing its strength in numbers if we already haven't lost our strength !!

Gettelfinger is a good leader...I just hope that they can replace him with the same!! I really think ford will be at 35k union members by contracts end!!

We still have strength.....we just need to use it and stop the bickering back and forth!! This election is going to be huge!! We need to use our energy to help people that support the UAW and blue collar America, MIDDLE CLASS. America's problem is that we have 99% of all the money and wealth, in the hands of 1% of the people.

Gettelfinger is a good leader...I just hope that they can replace him with the same!! I really think ford will be at 35k union members by contracts end!!

We still have strength.....we just need to use it and stop the bickering back and forth!! This election is going to be huge!! We need to use our energy to help people that support the UAW and blue collar America, MIDDLE CLASS. America's problem is that we have 99% of all the money and wealth, in the hands of 1% of the people.

Butterfingers is ok. I am just worried about who he has next for us.

Another person who can careless about the Big 3 and focus on everyone else is not the answer either. We need work.

Middle class, some of these UAW leaders think they are upper class.

Edited by TheEagle

Agreed, hope to see yah there bro..........and I respect what you say on the bonuses...that was absolute Bullshit.......greed kills...............

Agreed, hope to see yah there bro..........and I respect what you say on the bonuses...that was absolute Bullshit.......greed kills...............

doesnt anybody see the relationship on the jan. call date for ford stock and the veba????