DTP - Can't go from Body to Final???

Triberjay25

Then why isn't paint seperate--it's a seperate building? We are all the same --we work under location 1800!

Thats a good question, ask your union why they have it that way. We are under the same location but i work in final and i can never under any circumstances get a job in body.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good question, ask your union why they have it that way. We are under the same location but i work in final and i can never under any circumstances get a job in body.
You can't post for a job in paint either-and body and paint cant post for jobs in final--STILL-why does that make body so seperate?? We work in the same location!

Welcome to the Rouge site.

We at the Rouge are all represented by "units". Body is in the Body Stamping Unit. Final and Paint is another seperate unit, where your senioriity is active. When we get laid off in "the Rouge" we fill open reqs first then bump low on the site. You don't get to pick and choose. Its all based on site seniority. Read the contract on seniority specific to the Rouge.

Edited by Skilled1

We at the Rouge are all represented by "units". Body is in the Body Stamping Unit. Final and Paint is another seperate unit, where your senioriity is active. When we get laid off in "the Rouge" we fill open reqs first then bump low on the site. You don't get to pick and choose. Its all based on site seniority. Read the contract on seniority specific to the Rouge.

Units Specific to the Rouge Site Per the National Contract:

Advanced Manufacturing Technical Development Center

Central Lab

Dearborn Assembly

Dearborn Engine

Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing

Dearborn Glass3

Dearborn Stamping

Dearborn Tool And Die

Dearborn Truck

Glass Tech Center3

Power Utility & Central Maint. Options

Quality Manufacturing, and Purchasing Building3

Rouge Plant Wide Units

Tech And Transportation Units

World Headquarters

As it can clearly be seen nowhere in the National Contract is Body and Stamping designated as a Unit!!! So once again tell these folks how their location on their checks is for DTP and they are on the Master Seniority list for DTP but they are part of the Body/Stamping unit that doesn't exist!

Not to be a smart ass, but what contract??? I have been @ DTP since last April and have not been given any contract whatsoever. Labor told me to talk to my chairperson, I replied "you mean the one who already brokered a deal and got herself into Dearborn Engine?". Labor didn't seem to have an answer for that one, as they don't have an answer for any of this as they thought their almighty word would be the end all of this. I'm betting they are going through and practicing all the excuses they have right now, problem is I bet they didn't think there would be this many people pissed, and it doesn't just include the people affected, it is many more who know what seniority is supposed to stand for.

Central Lab

Dearborn Assembly

Dearborn Engine

Dearborn Glass3

Dearborn Stamping

Dearborn Tool And Die

Dearborn Truck

Glass Tech Center3

Rouge Plant Wide Units

World Headquarters

As it can clearly be seen nowhere in the National Contract is Body and Stamping designated as a Unit!!! So once again tell these folks how their location on their checks is for DTP and they are on the Master Seniority list for DTP but they are part of the Body/Stamping unit that doesn't exist!

Look......Just trying to help you out.

DTP Body and Stamping is a stand alone unit. This seperate unit happened after the 2003 agreement. The 2007 cba (whenever its available) should have it listed seperate. The local also has this info. I suggest you ask your rep for clarification or go to the local yourself.

Again, this is a seperate unit

Central Lab

Dearborn Assembly

Dearborn Engine

Dearborn Glass3

Dearborn Stamping

Dearborn Tool And Die

Dearborn Truck

Glass Tech Center3

Rouge Plant Wide Units

World Headquarters

I looked that up myself today--I found it funny that it wasn't listed either.

I looked that up myself today--I found it funny that it wasn't listed either.

DTP Body and Stamping is a stand alone unit. This seperate unit happened after the 2003 agreement. The 2007 cba (whenever its available) should have it listed seperate. The local also has this info. I suggest you ask your rep for clarification or go to the local yourself.

Edited by jm2607

Good moderating Country! Then again, we all dwn @ NAP used to yell pretty

bad @ one another back in the day! Hope everyone enjoys the long summer

vacatation!

I miss writing my short stories about the misadventures of our infamous coverall lady on those old NAP threads....Those were the days...I just got my "package". It appears I still have a job.....I should have my golf game in the mid seventies by 9/22........Take care everyone....Don't worry about things that are out of your control....Peace

I know most dont have the blue book that is the 2007 contract but let me assure you there has been no changes to the rouge site placement language, Unless Jerry Sullivan has cut some new deal which would have to go thru International.

You can find the info you need still in the 2003 Volume I contract from pages 78 thru 88 (mostly 87 and 88) that explains how Ford has 5 days to transfer people from one unit to another in the event of a permanent layoff from any rouge units.

Short version is Local 600 is one local with I believe 36 Bargaining Units, In those units you have a chairperson that is in charge of the units ( like a mini local) .

In order for the former Stamping chairperson Loretta Burrel to keep stamping as a unit (stamping lost allot of workers when Flat Rock got the Mustang) Loretta was able to secure the new Body Shop workers so that unit (Dearborn stamping) could maintain the union reps it had, and would have lost because of the loss of mustang parts they were to no longer producing.

That is how DTP/body-Stamping became on Bargaining Unit.

The Good

Stamping kept the same number of reps

No one from DTP Final or Paint could bump body workers.

No one from DTP Final or Paint could sign job postings, that was reserved to only Body and Stamping Employee's

The Bad

Even with adding a 3rd shift to body (approx 130 workers per shift) they did not meet the number of 200 workers in order to add another district committeeman because they only added approx 130 employee's, subsequently they just this year were allowed a Part_time reps on C-Crew even though Hooker will not get to take office.

people in Body shop with relatively high seniority compared to the low seniority in final could not bump onto day shift( for the last 4 years - basically it took 99 to hold days).

No one from Body could get a promotional bid that was in Final or Paint regardless of seniority.

My take and reading the contract all weekend is that the ILO's people in body are getting is a formality and in due time those that did not make Body will be placed somewhere within the rouge site( DTP, DDMP, DEP, DSP). But first those in body (me included) have to be on ILO then the local will see that most have seniority to hold the site and we will be placed accordingly.

I wish everyone the best :shades:

I know most dont have the blue book that is the 2007 contract but let me assure you there has been no changes to the rouge site placement language, Unless Jerry Sullivan has cut some new deal which would have to go thru International.

You can find the info you need still in the 2003 Volume I contract from pages 78 thru 88 (mostly 87 and 88) that explains how Ford has 5 days to transfer people from one unit to another in the event of a permanent layoff from any rouge units.

Short version is Local 600 is one local with I believe 36 Bargaining Units, In those units you have a chairperson that is in charge of the units ( like a mini local) .

In order for the former Stamping chairperson Loretta Burrel to keep stamping as a unit (stamping lost allot of workers when Flat Rock got the Mustang) Loretta was able to secure the new Body Shop workers so that unit (Dearborn stamping) could maintain the union reps it had, and would have lost because of the loss of mustang parts they were to no longer producing.

That is how DTP/body-Stamping became on Bargaining Unit.

The Good

Stamping kept the same number of reps

No one from DTP Final or Paint could bump body workers.

No one from DTP Final or Paint could sign job postings, that was reserved to only Body and Stamping Employee's

The Bad

Even with adding a 3rd shift to body (approx 130 workers per shift) they did not meet the number of 200 workers in order to add another district committeeman because they only added approx 130 employee's, subsequently they just this year were allowed a Part_time reps on C-Crew even though Hooker will not get to take office.

people in Body shop with relatively high seniority compared to the low seniority in final could not bump onto day shift( for the last 4 years - basically it took 99 to hold days).

No one from Body could get a promotional bid that was in Final or Paint regardless of seniority.

My take and reading the contract all weekend is that the ILO's people in body are getting is a formality and in due time those that did not make Body will be placed somewhere within the rouge site( DTP, DDMP, DEP, DSP). But first those in body (me included) have to be on ILO then the local will see that most have seniority to hold the site and we will be placed accordingly.

I wish everyone the best :shades:

That makes sense to me. It also sounds like you have done your homework. This is the kind of post that makes BON worth reading. Keep up the good work.

That makes sense to me. It also sounds like you have done your homework. This is the kind of post that makes BON worth reading. Keep up the good work.

thats bullshit! what makes sense to me is that you get some more sleep and WAKE-UP!!!! Hooker got fucked ! How can elected officials in final with no time stay on as reps and hook get the hook?Formality my ass ! We are getting fucked and thats the bottom line. Who gives a dick about fat/ass loretta or 2003 volume ,fuck nuts ? It's june 30, 2008 , and I still have no new contract book or work this week.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fucccckkkkkkeerrrrrrrr.600 fucking blows balls. And it didn't take me all weekend to think of that !

Skilled1 is correct....look in the blue book on page 6A Art. VI Sec 1!!

Dearborn Stamping Plant and Truck Body is considered one unit!!!

thats bullshit! what makes sense to me is that you get some more sleep and WAKE-UP!!!! Hooker got fucked ! How can elected officials in final with no time stay on as reps and hook get the hook?Formality my ass ! We are getting fucked and thats the bottom line. Who gives a dick about fat/ass loretta or 2003 volume ,fuck nuts ? It's june 30, 2008 , and I still have no new contract book or work this week.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fucccckkkkkkeerrrrrrrr.600 fucking blows balls. And it didn't take me all weekend to think of that !

hate to tell you Hooker's senirotiy isn't enough under the current layoffs

even though hes the only local 600 person i voted for!

Wheres my money...J/J

Hooker is in a different bargaining unit , a unit as already stated even he does not hold the seniority for and since there is no C-Crew after today the loss of a rep position. Local 600 Bylaws states that when there is a reduction of any rep position the person with the highest vote count can stay for the positions however I know for a fact 49 votes will not beat Teachy (WTF was B-Crew thinking) as 49 votes would not beat out the other afternoons district rep elect .

What is going on in Final is kinda bullshit Nick has been fighting for the Local to enforce the Bylaws because Billy and several other district reps have a higher vote count than some of the reps with less time on afternoons.

No one now may "give a dick about fat/ass Loretta" however by her securing the body shop to be included into the stamping Unit means this is how things go down , Body is a part of DTP however we are a separate Unit and in the event of a reduction in the rouge it starts with Units then site , get a clue and read your fucking book bro I'f ya really care the new contract may not be in our hands but it is still available on the internet.

Edited by lquidspine

You didn't see my previous post about collecting money for services rendered in your basement. I'm gonna come pull that 220 circuit out of your panel.

try it! and i'll put my circuit in your panel! big boy!!!!anyway packy said that there will be some changes to the recent ILO's at the truck and body shop recently handed down and if this is true or have new knowledge about the meeting today I would like to know.Hopefully they will do the right thing and all parties involved will be treated fairly.No hand-outs or favors just by the book and seniority will prevail.Good luck to all.

Who are you yelling at??? Senority WILL preveil in the end...watch

Body, I believe, has a different president under same local. This is why final and paint cannot sign up for job postings to the from the body shop or visa versa.

First of all let me say that I'm sorry to hear about whats happening there to you all, hang in there. Secondly about this body/final business. I passed through DTP when it first opened, and there was some sort of union fight going on about who was going to get the body shop. When the dust settled, it was given to the stamping plant. I can't remember the womans name that was the stampng chair at that time, but my buddy wound up over in the body shop. I guess she carried on for awhile about how she managed to steal body away from final. Now I have no idea if anything has changed since then, but if what seems to be happening is accurate, well, it's no real help to anyone, but thats the history of it as I know it. Wish I could offer something more helpfull.